Elis Sports Bar and Grill / Bad and Illegal Service

1 3187 Western Row RoadCincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 513-770-0077

This bar is, by far, the worst atmosphere I've ever been to. At first, I was so upset that I thought I was just bitter, but it's been 2 months since the incident and I am still bitter.

I stopped into this sports bar with the intention to have "a couple" drinks and the bartender, who claimed to own the bar, was drunk herself and I mean DRUNK! She was also a belligerent drunk, so I tried to be friendly to her and ask for my second drink. Yes, my SECOND drink. She wouldn't serve me, saying that I "work for the enemy" because I promote other bars in the area as a freelance marketer.

I then left the bar and was pulled over by the local police on the way home. After an embarrassing field sobriety test (which I passed but still). After doing a little talking with the cop he told me that the bartender at Eli's called them on me saying that they served me "enough alcohol to get a 500 lb man drunk". That is absurd and my breathalizer said .03.

The point here is that a bartender has two responsibilities...1 is to make sure not to serve anyone too much to drink and 2 is to NEVER CALL THE COPS ON YOUR PATRONS!

I am not much of a bar-hopper, but I do promote a lot of them and I could not believe the actions of this bar. Drink at home before going to Eli's Sports Bar in Mason on Western Row!

Comments

• Lo
      6th of May, 2009

If you had ever really been to eli's you would know why your story can't be even half true! lol loser! get a life

• 28
      10th of Jul, 2010

what a ridiculous story, doesn't sound like you have ever been there! why would a bartender call the police to tell them she overserved someone? LOL your a loser