Eliminator Battery / Battery Warranty

Canadian Tire
Firstly, I'm a mechanic and own a few auto garages in Ontario and have done several thousands in business/personal transactions with Crappy Tire. I bought an eliminator battery from Crappy tire and it died on me... I brought it back to get a replacement with all the original receipts and warranty documents with the battery... Upon testing the battery to confirm it died... The associate came back and said we will replace the battery so he called his manager to authorize this. .. The manager checked all the documents and receipt and then checked the battery... The manager told me that a 1 inch by 1 inch sticker had fallen off the battery and that he needed that serial number from the battery to replace the battery... However the serial number of the battery was clearly visible on the battery itself. I ended up not getting a replacement battery because of this sticker that was surely only put their because they know that after some water or snow gets on the battery that the sticker will peel off and they wont loose any money replacing a battery. C'est la vie.. One things for sure.. I or any of my shops will ever buy anything from Crappy Tire ever again. Hope it was worth loosing thousands for a 100 dollar battery.

A  31st of Jan, 2009 by
The exact thing happened to me... IT IS A SCAM! Thanks for posting this... Im done with "Crappy Tire" as well
A  31st of Jan, 2009 by
There obviously scamming people
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
We are the opposite...we have all the stickers, can't find the receipt. The battery sticker CLEARLY says it was manufactured in March 2006. The "no questions asked" 3 year warranty says it will be replaced if it dies. And so it did. It's February 2009, they can't replace it unless we find the receipt, which is absurd, given the "no questions" asked policy, and the fact that we obviously didn't steal the damn thing, and if it wasn't even made until March 2006, how can it be over 3 years old????
N  12th of Oct, 2010 by
Absolutely the verbatim complaint. Was there tonight with my "3 yr. full replacement warranty elliminator battery" Manager told me no replacement with no warranty card! Bizzare! Right on the battery is a stamp and sticker with a manufactored date of Nov. 07 The date today is October 12/2010 I told the manager that the warranty is on the battery, NOT the piece of paper. If the piece of paper is so important, then why do they give you a battery with it? The reason being is that the peice of paper won't start your car, that's why. But then again, neither will their garbage batteries. No wonder this franchise chain is going down hill big-time. And their Mark's Work Warehouse chain sells only junk too. I am NEVER shopping at Canadian Tire again. I am finished with them, their junk, and their absolutely worthless return policies.
N  30th of Oct, 2010 by

Eliminator Battery - not honoring warranty
canadian tire
atholville NB
New Brunswick

my complaint s its on a car battery i bought with a 3 year warranty which expires on dec 07 2010 and my battery went dead and then got a boost which cost me 50.00 and i took the battery back to get it checked and i told them the problem and which they tested the battery of course was in full charge due to time periode took me to get there had time to charge and then it happen by leaving the door ajar battery was ead again and it advertise that it has an hour re charging stage this never happended at anytime and they sell the battery over 100.00 and then sum any how i try t o get in touch with canadian tire head office and had no luck your truly michael jerome