Elephant Group / Dish Network / False promotions

3303 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
Re: False promotions

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to complain about your promotion format. I switched to the DISH solely as a result of a promotion I received offering 2 FREE American Airline Tickets. When I signed up, I inquired as to how I redeem these and how the promotion worked. I was given a great sales pitch for the “e-club” and told that I would have to stay in one of the designated hotels for 3 nights. I was told that I would receive all these details from the e-club. It took 1 month to receive anything from the e-club and I had to call twice to get a login and password. I was told that I was sent “the old info. packet”. When I finally signed in, I found no information about the 2 free tickets. I also referred a friend as soon as I signed up DISH Network. She has had the same problems.

I have been on hold on several occasions and can’t spend all my time dealing with all your promotions and the different things necessary to obtain them (making copies of the first bill and sending it with a coupon, etc.- all of which I have done and still received NOTHING!). On one of the occasions where I held long enough to speak with someone I was told I could fill out a referral coupon on-line (wrong). On another occasion I was told there was no record of a referral and giving more directions of where to send info. I was also told several times to have the person I referred call you. My friend and I have been on the phone calling and getting different information with every call. We are both disgusted.

I finally made time to call again regarding my 2 Free Airline Tickets and was asked if I paid the shipping and handling fee? What shipping and handling fee? WHY WAS I NOT ASKED FOR THIS THE FIRST TIME I INQUIRED ABOUT THESE TICKETS??? I never received any e-mail or other correspondence regarding this so called promotion. My friend received nothing as well. I am now being told that this promotion no longer exists. What are you going to do to compensate my friend and me? This is unacceptable and false advertising.

A  6th of Dec, 2006 by

I agree 100% with you. The Elephant Group engages in deceptive behavior not only with their customers, but with their employees too.

I was the victim of wage fraud. I was baited into accepting a job that I thought paid over $12.00 plus bonuses, only to find out that the starting wage was under $10.00 an hour with little chance of signing up people with bad credit and no money to Direct TV and DishNetwork.

I would not have accepted employment from this company if I had known this. I am a family man and homeowner, ten bucks an hour will not pay the bills.

It seems to me that the Elephant Group is just as deceptive to their customers from what I have read on this Blog.

They will not be in business very long promulgating business practices such as these.
Let's get the word out about companies like this engaging in consumer and employment fraud.

A  8th of Dec, 2006 by
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:19:08 +0200
I read your complaint about Elephant Wireless. I worked there as well, from August 21, 2006 until approximately September 20, 2006. I couldn't take it any longer! I absolutely agree with your complaint. I have as well encountered exactly the same problems you have along with their misrepresentation of the rate of pay. What I was told that I would be making during my interview, which was $12/hour, turned out to only be $9.73/hour.
I, like you, was told to outright LIE to the customers.
Please feel free to email me at anytime for further information.
A  9th of Dec, 2006 by
Anyone can file a complaint about fraud and ripoffs online with these organizations:

1. Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org

2. Federal Trade Commission:

3. Federal Communications Commission:

Fill out the forms on the respective web pages and let the world know what a rip off companies like these are.
A  17th of Feb, 2007 by
I signed up with the Elephant Group (Dish Rep). A $25.00 rebate would be paid in 6 to 8 weeks. I'm still waiting from November 27, 2006. I suggest everyone file a complaint with the FCC and FTC. I'm going to today.
D  3rd of Apr, 2007 by
So what patti they only paid you $9.73/hour. They offer FREE donuts to all employee's the first Monday morning of EVERY month! Boy you people want the world!
N  27th of Jun, 2007 by
I worked for them a year up in jersey served as one of the top sales men invite them to my wedding had alots of fun working there made good money everything was all good until brain became the sale's manager is where everything went rock bottom he had to much of a power trip people started to quite like crazy always on people case and really talking to people like there were kids threaten people like ### and my wife worked there at the time then he started down talking my wife like she did something wrong so i said ### that i made the company a lot of money and that how they treat me and my wife so we quite and said f*ck them.
A  27th of Jun, 2007 by
Hello All,

To all who read these comments be fully warned. The Elephant Group is a rip off company! I too worked for the Elephant Group at their Maryland office. I was also told that I would be making a certain amount hourly and paid less. In addition, my paycheck would sometimes not reflect the sales that I worked for. Only when the discrepancy was brought to a manager's attention was it rectified. At times employees were told that our sales were not completed which resulted in not receiving our correct pay. Moreover the Maryland office is an unsafe environment where the use of drugs is frequent and openly exercised by employees as well as the managing staff.
A  4th of Oct, 2007 by
I have been hurrassed and threatened by the people at The Elephant Group. I was called and called and even after I told them that I already had and account with someone else. They then called me and threatened me after I told them that I did n0t want them to handle anything with my account that I wanted the other representetive to take care of my paper work and other things that needed doing and they had the nerve to tell me that they hoped that I wouldn't be sorry and asked me was I an AT&T customer and I said yes and what does that have to do with anything. Then they told me that They could do things for me that no one else could do and I said yes and what is that, I got no answer on the question. I then told them that AT&T could take care of anything that I needed doing on that end that I didn't need them to do anything for me and I wanted them to take me out of their system and not call me any more. He then told me that he had already processed my debit card and I distinctly told them I didn't want anything took from my account until a certain day because the money would not be there, he says UH OH. I said what does that mean then he says again that he hopes that I won't be sorry. I will take care of that first thing in the morning and he won't get nothing at all; no money no sale NOTHING AT ALL FROM ME!!!!!

Mad and Furious
N  13th of Nov, 2007 by
Here is some bottom line information on the Elephant Group. I worked in the Piscataway New Jersey office for allmost 6 months. I have many years of experience working in the call center industry. There are good call centers and bad call centers. Elephant Group is a bad call center, very bad ! To start off with the training is horrendous. The guy who handles the training ( his name is Jelani ) is a nice guy but the training is completely inadequate. They don't tell you in training that the object once you are on the telephone is to not only sell Dish Network service, but to slam the customer and add on numerous other money makers along with the Dish Network sale.

If you are not familiar with the term SLAM, what it means is to sell the customer other products and services that they neither want or need, and to do it in a deceptive fashion. Most of the time the customer has no idea that they've ever agreed to these add on items. ( The Elephant Group calls them attachments. )

The first "attachment" is something called Homes Club. It supposedly provides the customer with protection in case their equipment breaks or is damaged. What the salesman don't tell you is that Dish Network already offers protection in case their equipment breaks and you don't have to pay for it. As a matter of fact, this Homes Club thing is such a scam, that when representatives from Dish Network recently visited the office the employees were ordered to stop selling it and to hide their Homes Club presentations until the Dish Network guys were gone.

Then there's Blockbuster. The employees are pressured to SLAM every customer with a " Free 2 week membership". Again the idea is to get the customer to agree to it without understanding what they're agreeing to. It's not free at all, in fact it costs $18.00 a month.

It doesn't matter at Elephant Group how hard you work. It doesn't matter how much Dish Network you sell. All that matters is how much revenue you can generate SLAMMING the customers with extra crap that they neither want or need ! The sales manager is some Jackass named Brian who walks around the office every day threatening to fire people for a million different reasons. I've never once heard an employee praised for doing a good job.

The biggest ### is this guy named Joel Dickstein ( Yes beleive it or not that's his real name ! ) I think he's the vice president of the company. Of course he's way too important to actually introduce himself or make anyone feel at home. My introduction was when he walked up to me one day and threatened to fire me right in front of my co-workers for not trying to slam a customer into this Homes Club ripoff. ( He was apparently monitoring my call. )

We recently had one longtime employee go postal after being harassed by this annoying supervisor named Helmer. The guy went crazy, cursing and screaming and they had to literally call the cops on him. What does that tell you about Elephant Group. I could go on and on, believe me I'm only scratching the surface here. I would love some other former or current employees to respond to this post. I dare anyone from Elephant Group to deny that anything I've said is true. I'll be happy to respond. This place is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

A  22nd of Dec, 2007 by
Elephant group is a slimeball company and Mike O'hara is one of the biggest ones... he terminated a good friend of mine THREE days before Christmas... said that her position was no longer needed... she got no severance... NOTHING!! This woman is going through a divorce and has 3 kids to support... if they treat their employees this well, just think how well they treat their clients!!!
A  13th of May, 2016 by
I feel for all of you. I worked for EW for the better part of a decade, I even started there when they were still called "Keep in Touch Wireless" and sold pagers at kiosks. I was one of their most dedicated and loyal employees, I worked at EVERY STORE in Maryland, ran errands and even worked as an acting manager at one location for MONTHS, boosted their sales by over 50%, all without manager pay, only to then be overlooked for the management position.
I witnessed the decline in ethics and still to this day, wonder why I wasted 6 years of my life working there.
To add insult to injury, when Alan Webb started up his own Verizon Wireless retailer, I left a great paying job that I loved, because I was promised a better paying management position at a location said to be opening soon.
Yeah, that never happened. Same old bs sales tactics, same refurbished phone scams, I left there after one month.