elemobi

Fraud / Scam

elemobi
China
elemobi.com
Ordered products, and then received an email from them saying that the products were now held in Customs, and they would require an additional payment to be made to "release them from customs". Have not heard back since responding with a complaint email.
Complaint comments Comments (14) Complaint country China Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

N  10th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Chinese Customs, not local customs. The "deal" was that the Chinese Customs were treating it as a smuggling racket, and that they needed more money from me to bribe their Customs agents. This before the order had even been flagged as "Shipped".
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
No, I think this operation is a scam. I have just paid for two items and now recieve an email saying how hard it is with the recession and their policy has changed. We now have to purchase 3 items, and until I do, my2 paid for purchases will not be dispatched.

Don't buy from this company!!!

If I get product and resolve, I will post success, other wise you are just giving them money!
A  19th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered a mobile phone through this company and no where on there webisite does it state that I have to pay custom fees. If this was the case then it would have been cheaper to buy from the country I live in. I requested a refund and they haven't contacted me so don't buy from this company!!!
A  6th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same customs scam has happened to me. Do not buy from them. Can we find a way of sueing them or at least close the website
A  15th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
always thought i was ### free.. no one could do me recently i got am email from a friend recommending this site as in they sell quality goods at a manufacturers price, checked it out and was so pleased to order good worth (£1758) looking a a good profit margin as they claimed they did use pay pal as it took 2month to get fund(which @ first i thought was strange- may be pay pal china )
any way went ahead made the payments thru western union as they requested.
delivery was said to be within 10 day but two days later am told goods have been dispatched but stuck at customs heath row .i asked for a reference ~Number so i may query it out even willing to pay the custom fee-having a lot to loss -some thing they never brought up earlier

Bottom line to be safe these a CROOKS word of advice learn from my mistake DON't DEAL WITH THEM even for a pound.

i feel so foolish but learnt my lesson
A  11th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Wow. Thanks guys. I didn't get scammed. I was searching for pages that might say Elemobi was a scam. I've got about 1800 euros in my basket. Was willing to test them out on a 320euro item. BUT NOT NOW! Thanks again. You saved me from being burned.

I agree that we should find away to shut them down.

Also look at this i found. >>
Do Not Buy From This Company!
Elemobi - trading online from China at elemobi.com and at Email addresses elemobi@188.com and elemobi@vip.188.com - is an online scam and a fraud.

Apparently also now trading as Discount-Wholesaler.com (check out the "About Us" page).

Once the order has been placed and the money banked, they follow up with an email informing you that there has been a problem - that the goods have been held up by Chinese Customs because they suspect that they are being smuggled. They assure you that if you send them another 120 Euros, the matter can be "resolved".

Avoid them at all costs - you will simply be giving them money.
N  23rd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
1. BEWARE OF:
Zhongtang Electronic Co., Ltd. is SCAMMER
vip-wholesaler.com
Annasu20092009@hotmail.com (sometimes uses this msn)
BEWARE OF THIS TRADER I WAS RECENTLY SCAMMED
I was given a FAKE TNT tracking numbers and I never received any good. I was scammed of $250
Company Name: Zhongtang Electronic Co., Ltd.
WEBSITE: vip-wholesaler.com

elemobi - Scam
Elemobi or Yorist
China
yorist.com

I made an enquiry for an Apple iPhone which forced me to actually go through the ordering process without entering and banking details. The site grabs your order and you then receive a barrage of emails telling you your order is filled and they give you details for payment. As soon as you pay they stop contact and you've lost your money.
A costly lesson learned - I won't deal with China again!!
N  10th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I also have the same experience..the bad thing is that I already made an payment through western Union and after that they didnt contact me anymore and didnt even send me the order. ###ing Chinese!!! they stole my money!!! what should I do? should I report this to the police?
N  10th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also have the same experience..the bad thing is that I already made an payment $260 through western Union and after that they didnt contact me anymore and didnt even send me the order. ###ing Chinese!!! they stole my money!!! what should I do? should I report this to the police?
A  11th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yes im still waiting on 3 iphones Did you end up getting it yet
N  28th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ive just bought something and stupidly research after i bought. Im really worried now. What was the out come for you? Any news yet? They've assured me on the live chat all is good but they can't give me any details as it is sunday. The reason I bought from there was, I received an email from a friend who I consider very trustworthyand happens to be known as a bargain humter, and now I have also read these emails are a scam. That why i stupidly trusted the website not realising the email from my friend was a scam.
N  11th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
i ordered a computer off there and they are asking for more than was originally asked, after reading this post, i can only assume its a scam. so i'm not sending any money. I should have know it was to good to be true. Thanks for the heads up. sorry to those who lost money
N  28th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
This one of the mails that I sent to the address i was dealing with from an encounter with elemobi.

I have been very patient. The camera has not yet arrived. I am now getting very annoyed. I don't believe that you even sent it to me. I have contacted the post office every day; they have not received any post for me from China. It has been since Monday, 27 July, 2009 16:30:42 that I ordered and paid for the camera, I did a few checks with the postal service and it should not take more than 8 days (see text taken from post service info in China below). So please send me my money back now. Please send me a cheque for the correct amount that I paid to you. I would like it paid in pounds (also see below)

Product Name: PANASONIC AG-DVX100 Professional MiniDV Camcorder