elegant furniture direct / item never received

1 TX, United States Review updated:

This website is definitely a scam! I ordered a table and it never came. The status of my order said estimated ship date late October when I ordered it early September. i was being patient, waiting for that time to come, but the table never showed. I tried multiple times to contact the customer service but no one replied to my endless emails. Also, I tried calling but the phone is disconnected. Now, the site is no longer on-line. I encourage ANYone who was scammed to file reports on these sites: National Fraud Information Center: http://www.fraud.orgo Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.govo Better Business Bureau Online: http://www.bbbonline.org/ . Also, if you paid thru paypal, it is a must that you file a complaint to them, because they told me that they need more complaints in order to do an investigation. I was the only person so far who filed.

Ti

Comments

• Ki
      30th of Dec, 2008

Total FRAUD. I also purchased 2 twin beds from this company. The order was placed in august of 2008. I was informed the beds were on back order and would ship on September the 19th. I waited and on September 19th got an email stating both beds shipped. ONLY one bed showed up. I called and was told again the beds were on back order and the second one would ship in October. I have twin girls, sharing a room so one bed was useless to me, so I had no choice but to wait for the second bed. The second bed NEVER shipped, by the time I figured it out the phone number was no longer in service and when I tried to file a complaint with paypal it was over 90 days after purchase and paypal policy is within 90 days of purchase.. I'm out $360.00 and stuck with only one bed I can't use.

• Sh
      23rd of Nov, 2011
    elegant furniture direct - Beware
    Elegant Furniture Direct

This company totally scammed me and took my money. It even had " Jennifer" respond to my concerns via email and had a fake Fedx tracking system for the product I had purchased. I am out $400 plus. I thought I had researched it carefully enough, too.