Electrozone.com / Undelivered merchandise

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-264-8212

DO NOT BUY FROM ELECTROZONE.COM, THESE GUYS ARE CROOKED AND THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. AVOID THESE GUYS LIKE THE PLAGUE. I ORDERED AT TV AND NEVER GOT IT. READ THE FULL STORY BELOW.

I bought a flat screen plasma from electrozone.com. After I made my purchase I got an email confirming my order with an invoice. It also said I would get another email with a tracking number when my order shipped. Two weeks later I still had no email notifying me my order had shipped. I logged into the “my account” section of the electrozone web site to check the status of my order. It said my order was “ready to ship.” I called electrozone to ask them about this and the guy on the phone told me it had shipped but there was no tracking number because I chose the free ground shipping. The original email I got said my order would ship via UPS ground. So I called UPS and asked them if any of their orders ever ship without a tracking number. Of course they told me, “no, every order ships with a tracking number. Three weeks after I ordered my tv I still hadn’t received it or a call to schedule a delivery date, something electrozone promised me would happen. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge because it was clear I wasn’t going to get my tv. This is a fair warning: Do not buy from this company, you will be disappointed. I flat out did not get what I ordered. If my credit card company didn’t take care of the situation I would have reported these guys to the police - and probably will call Las Vegas PD - they seemed to be based in Las Vegas - to notify them of how these guys operate. Stay away from electrozone.com!

Comments

• Ke
      4th of Mar, 2009

I had nothing but perfect service from electrozone! I ordered and received my 46" Samsung tv in exactly 8 days! I dont understand how some of these people that are complaining about electrozone have a argument! Dont get me wrong, it was kind of awkward sending a rather large amount of money to a fairly new website but that definitely changed due to the almost immediate response from Lewis, the store manager. I do recommend the (5-7 day w/ tracking) shipping option for those people like me who feel better knowing where their expensive item is! But, another thing that added to my stress was comments like this!!! I would recommend electrozone to anyone, they have the lowest prices (believe me, I looked) and so far the ABSOLUTE best customer service response time that I have ever experienced.
    -Kevin

• Bb
      15th of Apr, 2009

Do not purchase from these people. Every positive review on this site has been created by electrozone reps. They are getting served next week by the FBI regarding fraudulant activities. I know this from first hand experience. They have sent me two defective TV's and the last one had been sent to Samsung service multiple times and then deemed un-repairable. There entire business is a scam. Do not buy . Consider yourself warned

• Fa
      5th of Jul, 2009

Frank 09

I bought a TV on 5/22/09 from Electrozone and it was my worse nightmare.When i receive the tv i knew something was funny because it came in a brown box not the original box from samsung.I call samsung right away and gave them the serial number and they told me the tv it was re-furbished.I send the tv back and i spoke to the manager Louis he told me that if i dont buy the tv then i will have to pay for shiping both way. If you dont want to have a knight mare just stay away from this people .

• Du
      14th of Sep, 2009

I have been reading all these reviews and I'm getting really sceptical about my purchases. Today I purchased Samsung LN52B630 52 Series 5 LCD 1080p HDTV and a Samsung LN40B630 40 Series 6 LCD 1080p HDTV 120Hz. All coming to about $3, 200. I ordered my TV's with Jeff ext #203 and he was actually helpful and did a good job. Then I googled Electrozone and all sorts of bad reviews and scams came up! So I called back to get a little piece of mind and I talked to this " Lewis" sales manager guy everyone talks about. He told me that everything is going to be fine and that there is 2 different "Electrozone" companies and that the "Electrozone" he works with doesn't work with E-bay or Amazon and that they have only had 5 star ratings. Then he tells me that if I'm sceptical about their company then let him know right now so he can cancel the order...Is this the way you sell or treat your worried customers? Usually if someone is sceptical you reassure them, not just tell them to cancel if you dont like it. So, after the conversation I had a feeling to check my bank information to see if the purchase had cleared and it says " Electrozone-Ebay" as the provider that charged my account. Knowing this was not what I was told I called back again to make sure that this was a NEW TV and not a refurbished one. Again, I spoke with Lewis ( who is very rude) and he told me frustrated that if I'm so sceptical then why am I ordering and also said rudly that " He doesnt want me to call back and get into an arguement with me later about this order, and he has just a bad GUT feeling about me. " WOW! Really?! He also said that he feels " I was just looking for the bad and you can find it in anything if you look hard enough. " Guess what, then he says he just "Tells it how it is and gets to the point" Well, just a word of advice LEWIS...your a customer service manager...Its your job to take care of people, not to just " Tell them how it is!!" As I said earlier I ordered the TV's today and not sure if I will keep the order. All I did was make a few phone calls to make sure everthing was legit. Sometimes people do that when they spend $3, 200... . Terrible customer service! Some of the worst I've had... I was very nice and was never impatient or rude. This sales/customer service mananger is unbelievable, I wouldn't waste your time you future buyers! No amount of savings is worth dealing with these guys, trust me.

• Du
      15th of Sep, 2009

UPDATE: I recently posted a complaint on Sept. 14th 2009 about my situation with Electrozone. I did indeed follow up and tried to cancel my order today to find out that it had already been processed and if I chose to cancel it that I would have to pay for shipping. Anyway, I talked to Jeff who I originally ordered the TV's from and when he told me I would have to pay for shipping if I canceled... then I got upset. Our conversation went a while(about 30 min) and he did a good job in calming me down and reassuring me that this is a NEW item and that if I had any problems whatsoever when the TV arrived that I could send it back within 10 days "No cost, No shipping charges for me." After the conversation I felt that Jeff cared about me as a customer and wanted the best for me. He did tell me that " Electrozone" does sell refurbished TV's off of E-bay but they also sell new ones. He updated my account information showing me that indeed the TV's I purchased were BRAND NEW and if there was any problems with them at all and if I thought they weren't BRAND NEW to check their serial numbers with Samsung and then to send them back right away. At first, things seemed a little hairy with the phone call but Jeff did an excellent job in the end to make sure I was satisfied. About 5 min later Lewis called (the customer service manager) to find out if everything was ok and was apologetic and concerned about the comment I posted. I felt he did have some concern of my order and I felt in the end wanted the best for both parties invovled. Overall I felt " Electrozone" was doing the best they could and made me feel comfortable. Lewis asked me nicely to please delete my comment from yesterday because it could hurt the business (which I was going to after our conversation anyway) but I tried and could not figure out how to do it. Therefore I am writing this update. I will admit that my comment was probaly taken a little out of text but sometimes emotion gets the best of you. After today I would rate "Electrozone" as a company concerned about their reputation and overall care about their customers. Thanks for understanding Jeff and thanks for the apology Lewis. You will have my business in the future.

• Me
      5th of Mar, 2010

I would wait until you get your TV and see IF it is Brand new before deleting anything.
    So far all you have is the word of a person that treated a customer unfairly until you added a comment that the whole world could see..
    Please use the wait and see approach and when you receive the unit and it checks out..
    Post a retraction then and not before..:)

• Me
      5th of Mar, 2010

Also why did you change your user name??
    I smell a SCAM SCAM SCAM from the dealer in that post..

• Us
      4th of Apr, 2010

These people are tied into/with HDTV in NEW YORK, , , they are SCAM ARTIST... BAIT AND SWITCH MASTERS...

very seldom do you get what you want at the price they advertise... the follow up phone call is a UP SELLING PLOY, THE LOW PRICE IS JUST TO GET YOUR PHONE NUMBER... THE PHONE CALL IS THE HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCH... USA citizen BEWARE

• Be
      8th of Apr, 2010

I ordered a TV from Electrozone, and now I am waiting for the item to be shipped. I was assured that it was sent yesterday April 7th when they collected my money very promptly, but today I was told that they had issues with payment and had to reprocess it, and the Tv will be shipped Today (april 8th) and that I will receive an email confirming that. I am still to receive either a phone call or email.

• Te
      18th of Jul, 2010

7/18/2010 I ordered a Samsung LN52A550 52 inch LCD TV from these guys. They had a great price with free shipping.

The first time I tried to use it, my TV had a problem with "power cycling". Apparently, after googling it, this is a well known defect in Samsung TV's because they used faulty parts a few years ago. The TV just starts clicking on and off.

I have sent Electrozone an email. I tried to call them but you can't leave a message. We'll see if they respond. I want to ship this hunk of junk back to them. If they come get it and give me my money back, I'll update this post with positive information. If they don't, I hope enough of you reading this will stay away from them.

• Te
      21st of Jul, 2010

THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF THE POST ABOVE...

7/21/2010 Not only did they get back to me immediately, they are shipping a better TV and knocking money off the price. I could not be happier with this response.

I have sent Electrozone an email.

31st of Jul, 2010

I have used Electrozone only once and they never sent me my order i have to deal with my credit card company for the money, i found the same TV from Lalley Electronics and i got my order in 2 days really cool, and it was a 42" HDTV LED and that shipping was amazing i don't know how they did it they are located somewhere in Birmingham, Alabama i think that is what there blog says and i am in California and to have that size of a TV in 2 days amazing and a great price too. http://www.lalleyElectronics.com

• Mp
      3rd of Aug, 2010

This is a warning to anyone that buys electronics online. BEWARE of a company called Electrozone. Their website is www.electrozone.com This company misrepresents their products - leading you to believe that you are buying new merchandise and sending you refurbished equipment instead. Please pass this warning on to everyone you know! Avoid Electrozone.com

• Do
      9th of Dec, 2010

I am having the same problem with Electrozone, I called to ask why I was being charged $175 for shipping insurance when I was told it would be under $40 on the verification phone call, the person I spoke with was not only very rude but was shouting at me on the telephone and virtually accused me of fabricating the story. I then asked when I could expect delivery and they gave me a run-around, I spent almost 3, 700 dollars with them and I will wait the 7 business days to see if it shows up but if not, I plan on filing a complaint with the LVPD, the Nevada Attorney General's Office, the FBI, the FTC, the Nevada BBB and as well, dispute the charge with my credit card company. I am hopeful that it will arrive in new condition however I am skeptical that I will get what I ordered and paid for. I will update this in 7 days.

• Lo
      14th of Dec, 2010

I ordered a projector from Electrozone since their price was lower than all other sites. They sent me an email asking me to contact them to verify the order. When I called, their recording said that they were closed, even though it was within their narrow business hours. The recording put me in a queue anyway, and told me that I was caller #4. After a few minutes of waiting, it placed me in the back of the queue again. This made me suspicious that I wasn't dealing with a quality company. (Lots of creepy on-hold music -- like from a Halloween movie.) When the sales rep finally came on the line, I told him that I was calling to confirm the order, as per their email. He asked me if I wanted to insure the shipping for $59. He insinuated that if the projector got damaged during shipment then I wouldn't be protected without the insurance because they were shipping it for free. That made me REALLY suspicious because I know for a fact that the insurance was overpriced for the value of the purchase, and none of the other vendors selling the same product, with free shipping, even raised the issue of shipping insurance. (I had shopped around a little.) When I questioned the sales rep about this, he instantly tried to back out of the insurance pep talk and said that I didn't have to buy the insurance. I told him that he had made me uneasy, because now I'm thinking they might ship a damaged projector and claim that it was my fault for not buying the insurance. I asked him to cancel the order and he said, "Fine, your order is canceled -- goodbye, " and he rudely hung up the phone.

• Do
      15th of Dec, 2010

I am pleased to say that after my forth telephone call, I finally got my TV delivered, it was brand new in a sealed box and I must say that ElectroZone delivered my TV without a problem.

• Eo
      2nd of May, 2011
    Electrozone.com - BEWARE- they are crooks
    Electrozone.com
    Nevada

These people are fraudulent! We ordered an expensive plasma TV from Electrozone and received a TV that had been returned to them because it was damaged. The box had a copy of the return authorization with the damage report still enclosed. So Electrozone thought they would dump a damaged TV on to us and make it our problem. Had it not been for their oversight of leaving the damage report in the box, we would be stuck with a worthless TV and have to deal directly with the manufacturer. We even had an electronics expert look at the TV - he said it clearly did not work. Electrozone told us repeatedly they would get back to us and didn't, then repeatedly said they would have their shipping company pick up the TV and didn't. Thank goodness for Visa - they refunded the charge. Electrozone finally sent someone to pick up the TV. Some poor soul probably has it by now.