ElectronicsNation/Extension warranty / Extension warranty is not valid

1 3925 Lansdale RdUniversity Heights, OH, United States Review updated:

I purchased a 48 month extension warranty for my LCD TV from ElectronicsNation.com. When I needed service, ElectronicsNation.com ignored my request for service. I filed a complaint to BBB with case ID [protected]. The owner of ElectronicsNation.com replied to BBB with such a letter stating that ElectronicsNation.com has a service contract with Philips Priority Service or ServiceNet as it’s owner. Since this subcontract company, Philips Priority Service, is out of business, no one can take care of my case. I am not alone. He has several similar cases. He wants me re-direct the complaint to Philips Priority Service. It is really ridiculous. My extension warranty is useless when I need it. I bought the extension warranty from ElectronicsNation.com, not Philips Priority Service, and ElectronicsNation.com does not fulfill the responsibility. Now I have to spend time and money to get my TV fixed. What is the extension warranty for? I do not care where ElectronicsNation.com subcontracts the service with. I paid ElectronicsNation.com the premium I need my service. ElectronicsNation.com is responsible for the contract. ElectronicsNation.com is still selling the same extension warranty with the ServiceNet on its web site.

Ja

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Jul, 2008

I am the new owner of ElectronicsNation.com and I wanted to respond to this Complaint.

We do not sell the same Extended Warranty on our site. We sell Extended Warranties from ServiceNet, which is a strong and viable company that honors the warranties purchased by our customers. Jane purchased an Extended Warranty from Philips Priority Service, which went out of business. ServiceNet is only involved because they were required to take over some or all of the Philips Priority Service Contracts. Further, in my experience, customers like Jane do not have this problem if they can produce the original contract they received from Philips Priority Service. I have not heard of a case where ServiceNet has refused to honor a contract when the customer can produce the original.

Do not be afraid to purchase electronics or warranties from our site.

3rd of Dec, 2008

Why my post can not be viewed by others?
    I bought the item from your website. You should take the responsibility.
    You are inherit his reputation, you should also inherit his responsibilities. By the way, I checked with BBB. The owner and company's name still the same as before.

• El
      20th of Jan, 2009

You may need to look at our site a little closer. As you can see on our contact pages, we are now based in Wyoming, whereas your complaint is based on Electronics Nation of Ohio. We did purchase the site from the previous owner. We are NOT responsible for money that you paid to them for an extended warranty, moey which I am sure they forwarded on the the extended warranty company.

As I mentioned before, had you been able to produce an extended warranty contract in the past 6 months you would not have a problem. It's just like buying a gift certificate at a local retailer, if you lose the gift certificate they aren't just going to take your word that you had it at one point and honor it.

So, find your extended warranty contract and I assure you that you will receive coverage. But don't complain about our business when we aren't the same owner and we don't sell the same product.