Electrolux / Split Ac / frustrated from electrolux

1 India Review updated:

My name is Ravi Bhanot and this mail is my frustration towards Electrolux. I bought Electrolux 1.5 ton split AC on 6th April 2007, thinking that it has a good brand value and it would be long lasting. I bought it to give my father as a gift on his retirement.

I bough this from Amritsar dealer’s name is Bholi Brothers, however I am very sorry to say that whatever impression I have for Electrolux all go in vain. Those people gave us faulty unit and also were not ready to replace that. It has been really frustrating. Those people are spoiling Electrolux brand name.

Regards,
Ravi Bhanot

Comments

• Pr
      24th of Apr, 2007

Dear Mr. Ravi,

I have had a similar experience with Hitachi Quadricool 1 ton window ac. Please bear in mind that Electrolux is a good brand still as I have seen it in a friend's office. He uses it 10 hrs+. I am still thinking of buying an electrolux 1 ton split for home.

Many dealers dont care a damn once your payment is made. Most ACs come damaged due to poor logistics. My experience with Hitachi is the same. The call center at Hitachi is pathetic. I wished they change my new AC with other piece, but they would not. Atlast I have to bear with the damaged piece which I got from my dealer at Malad, Mumbai. It somehow works now, but nothing great to the 5000 Rs. Premium price I paid for buying a Quadricool AC. Finally the korean brands seem to be better choice than AMTREX HITACHI in todays market.

Prabhu.

• As
      14th of Apr, 2009

should i buy electrolex split ac or voltas window ac both are near abt same rate of 1.5 tonns

• Ar
      25th of May, 2009

you have not told what was the problem?