Electrolux India / poor service!

I purchased an AC of electrolux but i feel/know that i have been given an inferior product. There was a sound in the fan, when it was pointed out to the service center/engineer, they did not bother to check it & were more interested in going back to office. E-mail sent to their HO thru their website did not elicit any response. They have therefore cheated the customer & loss of trust.

A  20th of Sep, 2007 by
I bought Electrolux 1.5 ton AC model EA18-504Wx006207AA on 18-04-05. Unfortunately this month my AC stops giving continues cooling and thus I contacted the service center and my complaint No is 70910658.

An engineer from Digital Solution Delhi visited my residence and informed me that that the compressor is faulty and the same is to be replaced. He told me that the charges for filling gas in the new compressor amounting to Rs.2560 is to be paid by me.

When the company is offering warranty to the compressor for 6 years the gas/repair/etc of the same should come under this warranty. I told the matter with the proprietor of the service agency M/S. DIGITAL SOLUTIONS, Delhi and according to him the payment is as per company’s(Electrolux) rule and I have to obey the rule just because I become your customer. Though I agreed to pay the amount under protest, he demanded the money in advance. I told him that payment will be made ,once the compressor is replaced and functional.

The owner/representative of Digital Solutions said ELECTROLUX company doesn’t need a customer like me, because the company (ELECTROLUX ) have no faith in their customers. Being a marketing person this was new information for me. I felt it very bad. In this customer oriented time, no company will take a stand like this. As far as a company is concerned the customer is like a god and king.

In normal case the gas filling charges should not collect as the compressor is faulty. This is not the fault of the customer who buys it. The gas is to be filled again just because the compressor is faulty.

Even if I am ready to pay it in under protest, it should not take it as and advance. I am fed up with this nasty and one sided function of such companies in India.
A  9th of Jan, 2008 by
I totally agree . Electrolux not only has pathetic service response.., even the senior service guys from EKL (not the service centre) behave in a non friendly manner .. I am waiting for last 3 days for my refrigerator to be recified and CE has not yet turned up and on top of it the Service Mgr for North suggests om monday afternoon that could i possibly wait until saturday for engineer visit . So much for an MNC !
A  21st of Apr, 2008 by
Respected Sir,

I have a electorlux refigertor model no.KNF-220, Servrel time Complaint for bottom refigertor tray in your service centre DIGITAL SOLUTION jaranoyra cinn, cinokex ND. Please take the necessary action on above subject.

TEL 25073241
N  24th of May, 2008 by
I bought Electrolux Refigirator model no. - ER45SSPS in januarry 2006 . During in this 2 Year's refigirator create lot of problem & service after sales is also not good . Service person's didn't find the main problem in the refigirator .
The most iratted thing we are facing in last month when the refigirator not working for the one day . Costomer service department misbehave now when we said hat if you are not able to repaire this then told us we were manage outside you give us in written that we are not able to repaire this . But they said that O K you were go to consumer court .
They think that we are not known about consumer court O K fine we are going there but we are also go & raise this topic through media & then asked to the company head that this is your company product & your service department's behave after purchaseing Rs.27000/= refigirator.
N  27th of May, 2008 by
Though brand name is very high, we bought semi automatic wasing machine with 7 years warranty.
on very first month we start seeking help from dealer /cxompany.
Most hopeless dealer service we were bound to inform top managment.
even though there was regular quality problem we have asked thier service person to visit more than 120 times.
But management has no same for the company.

At leat we shall never advice to our friends to buy products from such companies.
they allow to customer cry .after investing so much money you can not give to kabaiwala.

waiting for last warrenty year and we shall change with other regular brand.

house wife ANITA
A  10th of Jun, 2008 by
This is pathetic service. I was planning to buy a electrolux Microwave, which was looking attaractive.

I will never buy, and pass the same story to others.

Electrolux - Worst service.
N  8th of Aug, 2008 by
Customer Care 09/08/2008

this is my second letter to you, In between I again contacted the Sales
Agency about my problem, as described in the first letter, which is also part of this letter, and as per thier assurance, the engineer of your service centre again came and assured that some problem is there for hitting and told us that he will come and replace the parts. but it is story of again 20 days, and neither he has turned up nor giving any response. please do the needful, otherwise I dont have any option, but to go Consumer fouram for lodge a complain against You.

revert me back at the earliest, as i am suffering baddly due to your
product problem since day of buying and it is morethen 7

Customer Care

Problem regarding Your Product
PNC No – 607004186

Micro Oven

I have bought a ELETROLEX – Micro oven from M/s Akash Store, Bilaspur as on 25/12/2007, Bill No –76
Description of the Product is
PNC No –607004186

I had booked the product as on 25/12/2007. as the product was not at shop, the shopkeeper talked to the Sales executive of your Company regarding the availability of the product. Your representative
assured that the product will be delivered to you within a week time.
But after several reminders to the Agency as well as to your Sales
executive, I received the product as on 18/01/2008. When I brought
that product to Sipat, 25km from Bilaspur and a representative of the
shopkeeper came for demonstration, she said that the oven is not getting proper hit, as she made a cake and it took half an hour
but She told that she will ask the Service engineer to come and see
that fault. The engineer came to our residence at Sipat and after
inspection he also assured that the coil is not getting proper hit and
this coil/ accessories is to be replaced. He assured that I will come
with the accessories and replace it. After a week, when not turned up
then I brought the Oven to Service centre and given all the details.
When I went there to take my oven, they said that there is no need of
replacement of any accessories and they given me the Oven.

After my several request that the engineer has said that there is problem, they have not entertained me. When I took the oven again to
Sipat, there is still the same problem. Again after my several
request Your Service Engineer came and said the same, what he had said
earlier that there is a problem of hitting and needs to be replaced.
He said I will come with the accessories and replace it.

This is continuous story of more then 7 months. Please advice me,
if a person buy a product of a reputed Company, like ELECTROUX, and
face a problem as I described above, what will be the impression of
the product, sales service and Company as a whole.

Please do the needful so I can further think of buying your products.

Sandeep Gupta
Accounts officer
NTPC Limited
SIPAT, Bilaspur (CG)
+91 9425222251
N  25th of Aug, 2008 by
kindly regd my complaint for microwave
Model No. EM 25 E G 85 SL

some spraking when we oN the microwave kindly send some ASAP at plot No 27-28 Sector-29 Gurgaon
D  12th of Sep, 2008 by
Sub: Replacement of defective Electrolux Refrigerator (Model: EDR 230 LX) – regarding.
Ref: Book No. 111, Serial No. 11043, dt. 21.06.2008, {Electrolux Refrigerator (Model: EDR 230 LX) PNC No. 925040169, Serial No. 81600655}

I had purchased the Electrolux Refrigerator (Model: EDR 230 LX) from AARCO ELECTRONIKS, Jagdambay Niwas Central Market, II-I-3, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi-110024 on 21.6.2008.

Right from the date of its purchase, it was noticed that there are lots of problems with the Electrolux Refrigerator i.e. Cooling problem(Gas Leakage/Chowked), Thermostat problem, Defrosting problem, Rubber-Gasket problem, current leakage and now there are some problem with the Compressor too. I have lodged so many complaints with your service centre at M/s Tek Care (Customer Care Help Line) i.e. on 25.6.2008, 30.6.2008, 4.7.2008, 15.7.2008, 7.8.2008, 14.8.2008, 28.8.2008, 2.9.2008 and now on 11.9.2008 Service Engineer has informed about problems of Compressor. The brand new Refrigerator of your reputed company has been repaired 8 times within a short span of two and half months and the problem is increasing day by day. Now I am fed up with this defective Refrigerator of your reputed company.

As the Electrolux Refrigerator (Model: EDR 230 LX) is still under warranty and is causing unnecessary inconvenience to me due to manufacturing defect, It is, therefore, requested to please replace this defective Electrolux Refrigerator (Model: EDR 230 LX) at the earliest.

I hope you will attend to this complaint on priority basis and do the needful at the earliest.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Address: 207/16-A (Ground Floor)
Prakash Mohalla
East of Kailash
New Delhi-110065.
N  25th of Oct, 2008 by
I just bought (25/10/2008) an electrolux microwave oven Model No. EM25EC86SL but I could not find this product in your home appliance microwave category. I basically want to know whether this product belongs to your company or a local made with the name of Electrolux.

I wanted to purchase microwave convention but the shop keeper had told me that above said product is mcirowave convention but I could not find this anywhere in the product.

Could you please look into this matter and reply to me as quickly as possible.

Hari Shanker
Flat No. 185 DDA MIG Flats
Sector 18 B, Dwarka, New Delhi 75
A  1st of Nov, 2008 by
I bought a electrolux fridge 265L, double door, about 5 years ago and the performance has been nothing more than ordinary, keeping in mind the international brand image.In 2007, i complained about the poor performance which didnt lead anywhere as the company' service man confirmed that everything is fine with the fridge.in jan08, the timer and sensor were replaced for a price of Rs 2181.00. Again in aug08, the gas had to be filled in at a cost of rs 1650.00.
now in oct08, the fridge stopped cooling in the lower portion.I complained on 28 th oct vide complaint number 5a0360810280016 and after so many follow ups with the call centre, the service came on 1.11.08. The problem is again ( within 9 months)the timer and sensor which need to be replaced again at a price of Rs 2280.00.
Am totally disgusted with the product and the poor quality after sales service being provided by the company.
24 vindyachal apartments
near mianwali nagar
rohtak road
sunder vihar Po
delhi 110087
N  18th of Apr, 2009 by
thank you every body for commenting on this i was about to buy an eletrolux product, but now i have changed my mind.India need to wake up and step like these do help.
sheeba khan
N  18th of Apr, 2009 by
thank you every body, i was about to buy an electrolux product but i have changed my mind now, India needs to wake up and steps like this do help.
sheeba khan
N  23rd of Dec, 2013 by
I have purchased a microwave oven of electrolux from Big Bazaar of Bilaspur (c.g.) last year. After only one year its push buttons were closed to work. for which i have registered a complaint at customer care an dafter 3 days a service engineer came and said that membrain of oven is damaged. so it will have to replaced. He took rs. 270 for his visit. After that about 4 months have passed but no response from him till date. On phone he says memrain is not providing by company till date. Hence i request to all to think twice before purchasing any product of Electrlux.

Frigidaire / Electrolux Logo Frigidaire / Electrolux