Electrolux Gas Oven — warming oven glass shatters - 80 year old has seventeen stitches in arm - and stove isn't even hooked up yet!
80 year old, 112 lb. Woman buys electrolux stove. Stove not yet connected to gas line - just sitting in the kitchen against the wall, still in the plastic packaging. Woman trips and falls against the stove. Hits the warming oven glass with elbow. Glass not only shatters, but also leaves a jagged edge of cut glass across the entire length of the oven, slashing woman's arm so that 17 sutures are required to close wound, and now woman is out of commission for 6 weeks. Woman's husband goes to sears the next day where appliance was bought - neither the sales people nor the manager could care less. Sales person first tried to tell woman's husband that they were all out of that stove, and maybe he would be interested in buying another one (!) manager finally conceded that the couple should have the defective stove removed and replaced with another stove at no additional cost. Sears exhibited no interest in acknowledging defective glass on warming oven, nor any interest in making a report to the manufacturer for rectification - absolutely unconscionable response by sears. Pictures of defective oven, shattered glass, and seventeen stitches on woman's arm sent via internet to corporate headquarters. No response to date.
More Electrolux Gas Oven Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire - product is front load washer, model fffw5000oqw
- Electrolux Microwave - terrible customer service 
- Frigidaire - service contract 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - frigidaire dishwasher: 2 years old
- Frigidaire - refrigerator fan quit, spoiled food