Electrolux Floor Care / poor design/breaks in the same spot

I purchased an Electrolux Upright vacuum approximately 4 yrs. ago. Within the first year the handle and attachment insert (in the body of the vacuum) broke. I paid $100.00 or so to have it repaired. Within a year, the handle broke again. When I called Electrolux they said the vacuum was out of warranty but that they would send me the replacement part free of charge--I still had to pay labor charges to have it replaced. It's been a year and now the handle and attachment insert have broken again. When I called Electrolux Floor Care they said I was too far out from the warranty and that there is nothing they can do. I informed them it is a design flaw for it to break in the same place each time---that I purchased an Electrolux because of their stellar reputation but that I have been extremely disappointed since I made the purchase. I will replace my current Electrolux Upright with a new vacuum, but it WILL NOT buy another Electrolux. The quality of their vacuums are clearly not as good as they used to be.

Comments