ElectroGear.net / Unauthorized charges

I had placed an order with this company in August I was charged for the financing fee of 39.95 twice on my checking account and 93.33 for two weeks thereafter. After I didn't hear anything from this company I called and asked where my computer was and was told that they didn't have an order placed.

I told them I wanted to cancel since it had been so long that I had to wait and was told they would get back to me. 3 weeks I had to wait for anyone to call or send me a correspondence. After finally getting a hold of someone they said they would have my monies credited back to my account at the end of November, and still nothing.

I contacted a detective and gave him all my information along with correspondences from e-mail and my bank account information to show where they had taken the money out. The detective contacted someone for this company and was told they didn't have anything on record for me and didn't know what he was talking about. The detective told him that he had the bank statements in front of him showing where they had taken money out of my account and that's when they somehow found my information.

The detective was told they would have the money in my account two weeks ago but as of yet they haven't and now he can't get a hold of anyone and neither can I. No one will return correspondences through e-mail either. I am at my wits end with this company. Their phone # which is a VOIP has been issued a subpoena and now it's a waiting game.

Ev

More ElectroGear.net Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cl
      27th of Oct, 2008

I applied to buy a lap top on credit from these people they debited my account, yet I never recieved nothing and the phone number of the company you only get voice mail and the dont return your calls.

• Be
      28th of Oct, 2008
    ElectroGear.net - fraud
    electrogear
    Arizona
    electrogear.net

debits your bank account and yet when you login to check the status of your order...it says you haven't ordered anything, nothing shows up in the cart, or that its been shipped and as stated above you call and get a voice mail...NEEDS FURTHER INVESTIGATION!!! and even if it does turn out to be legitimate they will need to work long and hard to improve their customer service and business practices

7th of Nov, 2008

Ordered a computer but have not received it although they have taken two payments from my account.

• Vi
      24th of Dec, 2008

Electrogear.net is a complete racket. Surfing their site, I was lured in by the low monthly payments (around $40 per month.) To start, they help themselves to $39.96 from your checking account as an application fee. Bad business.

Two days later some guy calls me and tells me the following: 'the bank that approved you requires a small deposit.' The deposit he refers to turns out to be 12 weekly installments of $39.00 in addition to the normal monthly fee.

He was not surprised at all when I said no way. I asked for my money back, and he said 'well you agreed to it you gave me your code.' He acted very strange. First making me recite my approval code, and then refusing to hang up the phone when I repeated asked him for more information. I asked who this 'bank' was, and he said 'our bank' and wouldn't give any other information.

I said I would hold for a manager, he says he is the only person there. He then said I would have to hang up first, and as I type this, this thief is still holding on my open phone line. He occasionally blares loud beeps and static into the speaker in an attempt to force me to break the connection.

I intend to go to my bank as soon as they open to get this psycho blocked from my account.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

24th of Jan, 2009

I checked out their website, and if you were looking to finance a product I assume you read their finance terms which a clearly posted on their site.

I copied the first and third paragraph, where all of the information you disagree is listed.

I am wondering, if you do not like how they do business, why did you apply???????????

Clearly posted terms...

Terms may very.

Please note, no product will be shipped if a security deposit is required and it has not been paid to ElectroGear.Net in full. Products are shipped once the buyer has completed their requirements 100%, including but not limited to providing a reasonable proof of identity, address and income verification for all financed purchases.

Applications:

You can not cancel an Application, they are processed immediately. Once submitted, an application fee is charged and is non-refundable, as stated on the application. If you didn't read the Application terms, and you submitted the application anyway, we will not be held responsible or liable for your actions and any losses or damages related to this.

11th of Feb, 2009

Electrogear.net should be SHUT DOWN ASAP... I was fortunate enough to call my bank and stop payment on their so called "application fee"... Their website is deceptive and fraudulent... what horrible people !

I will report them to the Better Business Bureau... they will not be in business for much longer...

Joe

Boston, MA

Business Hours

Our business hours are from 9am to 3pm Pacific Time
    We are open to answer your calls Monday through Friday

The phone number and the business hours are also clearly posted
    on every page of our website.

Please call during these hours to speak with someone.

(520) 226-0346

24th of Feb, 2009

The shopping cart log in, is only for credit card purchases in full.
    You filled out an application for financing, there for there is no order in the shopping cart, since you have to get approved for financing before there is an order.

For further questions, please call customer service

(520) 226-0346

24th of Feb, 2009

The only thing that was paid was the application fee. Customer was approved, but declined financing because it required a down payment.

Customer demanded $0.00 down financing. Unfortunately, we were not able to approve $0.00 down at this time.

The current approval will expire 180 days from application date.

ElectroGear.Net

24th of Feb, 2009

THE TERMS YOU AGREED TO BEFORE BY APPLYING!!!

By completing and submitting this document, you acknowledge that you have read and agree with all of the terms and you also acknowledge the receipt of this document. This document shall be deemed as the original, and will be treated as a binding agreement.

FURTHER MORE, YOU WERE NOTIFIED!!!

You Authorize ElectroGear.Net and affiliates to electronically debit your provided Bank Account for a Non-Refundable Application fee of $39.96. If for any reason your Application is declined, you will not be charged this fee.

FURTHER MORE - FINANCING TERMS ALSO LIST MORE DETAILS, AND CAN BE READ BEFORE APPLYING

Re-Payment terms are 36 months. The APR is 0.0%. (Not everyone will qualify for Financing). The amount of security deposit or Down payment, will be determined by our Finance Staff. Deposits are refundable back to the buyer after all payments have been made.

No Further Comments

5th of Apr, 2009

Your financing was approved for 3 payments of $93.33 before delivery.

• Pj
      15th of Apr, 2010

electrogear,

you seem to only reply to few of the complaints and primarily to the once regarding payment. possibly some of these folks just misread their agreements--fair enough. but why dont you ever respond to the claims of BLATANT RIP OFFS(never receiving the items theyve ordered, not completing applications but still being charged, etc) your company is frequently accused of on this site!?

i know if my business was been accused of being a fraud, id try everything in my power to get that issue resolved. since you dont seem to care, is this an admission of guilt on your part? or maybe you just make so much money off of suckering others that you dont care about fixing your reputation...

• Ki
      19th of Aug, 2010

I was debited twice in one day for 39.96 and twice for 2.25 from this company and cannot get anyone to return a call or return an email. I have turned them in to BBB. and also and seeking charges for fraud. Please do not
    use this company.

• Wa
      27th of Nov, 2010

Please Note- The ONLY number that works is out of Arizona.
    (520) 226-0346 AZ
    The "company" will have all of the following numbers listed:
    (305) 600-1927 FL
    (469) 277-6897 TX
    (520) 226-0346 AZ
    (718) 577-1389 NY
    (509) 590-2202 WA
    I came upon this site, because it seemed legitimate for computer financing, and the pricing seemed fair. I "applied" for a computer, was "approved" for $2, 000 line of credit. The next step is that you enter your checking account number, so that they can make withdrawals out of your account each month for the payment towards the computer. They will immediately deduct a $39 fee from your checking account, and retain the records of your checking account.

I tried about 20, yes 20 times to reach them. ALL of the numbers listed above are disconnected EXCEPT for the 520 area code. Sometimes it will ring, sometimes it won't, and sometimes it will give you a message in a man's voice that "all representatives are currently assisting other customers and someone will get back to you shortly."

I STRONGLY suggest that you do NOT deal with this "company", if in fact it is one. I have left several messages and I have sent several emails with no response. The money has been deducted from my account; however.

You will notice that when you Google ElectroGear.net, SEVERAL notices and blogs of FRAUD with them will pop up. Everyone gets a response from "John". Whether or not this person actually exists remains to be determined.

I am reporting them to the FBI and ALL consumer credit agencies.

The salesperson "John" called me over a week ago which was a miracle in itself. He stated that the money was deducted from my checking account, that I was approved, and he would be sending a 5 question contract within one hour. The EMAIL never came, after repeated attempts to contact Electrogear.net. I have tried calling and I have tried emailing.

Undoubtedly, a person from this company will reply to this complaint just like he does to all other complaints- but don't buy into it. There are too many complaints against him.
    He will write that they are open from 9am to 3pm mountain time, and feel free to call to resolve issues. However, when you do this, the above will happen to you just as it did to me and many others.

I would like to inform ElectroGear.net that I have alerted the media about this scam, and I am hoping to soon have it broadcast as to what is happening here.