Electra Auto Sales / Used car.

1 putnam pikeJohnston, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 401 232-2090

I purchased an 2004 Lexus ES 300 for my daughter in late November 07, for the price of $18, 000 from $20, 000, due to a trade in. I paid top dollar for my child to be safe. In January 08 I heard a noise when you turned the wheel, i just figured that it was alright never thinking there was a problem. I took the car for a ride again in late march 08 and the noise was louder so I went to Midas, and they told me to bring the car back to electra because both Tie Rods were about to break they were so worn out that this should have been noticed with a visual inspection before the car was sold. The car had an inspection sticker on it that was only 2 months old. Therefore the problem was overlooked deliberately. I went to the dealership and complained that the tie rods were an existing problem when the purchase was made, and they agreed to pay half, without even checking what I was complaining about, but only if they did the work. I do not trust them to do the work and I became angry that they were negligent with my daughters safety, and they should fix it for free and I would have Midas check their work, they were rude and said they didn't have to honor anything because the 30 day warranty was up, I told them that the warranty means nothing because the problem was part of an invalid inspection on the vehicle 2 months before the purchase. The sticker was not valid on the car, and I told Electra that this was illegal, and they became angry and said they wouldn't fix it at all.

In conclusion, the vehicle was fixed immediately by midas, receipt enclosed, and I feel that Electra was well aware of the tie rod situation and didn't care about my family's safety, and they need to make good on their unethical behavior, by reimbursing me for the repairs.

Sincerely,
Kim Andrews.

Comments

28th of Jan, 2009

They did something similar to me! They sold me a car with broken tire rods as well and they WOULD NOT repair it. Also they lied about my credit score telling me this was the only car that i could afford and qualify for! They gave me the wrong set of keys leaving me stranded in zero degree weather 100 miles from home... My car DOES NOT START in the cold, stalls all the time, the transmission is slipping and its a 2003! Joe Vargas is a scam artist and I hope Karma gets him good. After all of these problems started with the car they would not return my phone calls or messages to the point where i had to drive upstate or block my number.. please save yourself the aggravation of getting hustled by these douchbag guidos... If I could, I would buy the entire lot and burn it to the ground

17th of Aug, 2013

I was going there on monday to put down 3000 on a maxiam but all the bad reviews will leed me to spend my money somewhere else. Thank you both.

• Pa
      25th of Jan, 2014

Hi my name is Paul Vargas I am the General Manager at Electra Auto Sales. Kim Andrews purchased a 2003 Lexus Es 300 with 67, 000 miles on October 31st 2007 for $18, 999.00 She bought the car with a 30 day warranty which covers the engine and transmission along with anything that would insure the car passing RI State inspection. Rhode Island state law requires that all Automobile dealerships selling a vehicle have the car inspected with in 90 days prior to selling that vehicle. Which we did and not by us but by a 3rd party inspection station. We do not own or have a state inspection license all inspections are down by 3rd parties that are non-affiliated with us. Also every car we sell receives a 50 point inspection which includes checking the tie rod ends and a Rhode Island inspection sticker as required by law. Kim Andrews bought her car on 10/31/2007 as shown on her bill of sale. Not on November 7th as she has stated. She came in to see me at Electra Auto Sales around the middle of April 2008, complaining of the tie rod issue. This was 6 months after her purchase and well after the 30 day warranty had expired. Also she was offered an 4 year extended warranty at the time of her purchase which she declined and also signed a waiver form. When she came in she told me Midas told her the car needed tie rods and demanded that we pay for it using vulgar language. I told her she was out of warranty and her tie rods had probably been damaged by hitting a pot hole during winter driving conditions. She said neither she or her daughter had never hit any pot holes and that there are no pot holes in Rhode Island. Anyone who has driven in Rhode Island could assure you that there is no shortage of pot holes in Rhode Island. She continued to swear at me and tell me how we knew about this and screwed her. I told her that he car would have never passed inspection like this and we did not inspect it there for it would have failed. We would never sell a car with bad tie rod ends and it would never pass inspection as it is a major safety issue. Pot holes can definitely damage your tie rod ends among other items. In an effort to provide good customer service I offered Kim Andrews half of the cost of the repair with out even verifying the issue and just taking her word for it even though she was out of warranty. I was going to cut her a check on the spot for half of the amount she was quoted by midas. She called me a f---ing a---hole and stormed out. I feel Electra Auto Sales offering to pay for half of her repair that was no longer covered was more than fair. This would not have been covered even under her time frame of Nov 7th to Jan 8th which also exceeds the 30 day warranty. She also filed complaints with the better business bureau better know as the BBB and the Rhode Island Dealers Commission Board and her claim was found to have no merit by both agencies. The Rhode Island Dealers Commission has jurisdiction over all RI dealers and can suspend any Automobile dealers license if they find them at fault of wrong doing. They also can force a dealer to pay for a customers repair if they find that dealer at fault whether they want to or not other wise they will attach their dealer bond and suspend the dealers license. Kim Andrews was told her claim had no merit. I find it unfortunate that Kim Andrews has chosen to go to these secondary websites in an effort to file a claim with no merit. We sell hundreds of cars on a yearly basis and have thousands of satisfied customers. Also anyone who chooses can have any vehicle on our lot checked out by there mechanic or any certified mechanic within a reasonable distance prior to purchasing that vehicle form Electra Auto Sales. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and have no outstanding complaints with them or the RI Dealers Commission Board. Anyone who should have any complaints or grievances against Electra Auto Sales should file a Complaint with the RI Dealers Commission Board their number is 401-462-5731

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns
    Sincerely
    Paul Vargas
    401-232-2090
    Electra Auto Sales

• Pa
      25th of Jan, 2014

Re: Angry Saturn Driver
    My name is Paul Vargas I am the General Manager at Electra Auto Sales. In response to the complaint by the person whom has not identified them selves and used the name angry Saturn driver. We would have no reason to tell you or lie to you about what car you qualify for and we would gladly sell any of the vehicles on our lot. Also I don't understand how they got a hundred miles away from home and stranded with the wrong set of keys when you need keys to drive that far. We no longer sell Saturn vue because Saturn did end up having a national issue with the transmissions with the Saturn vue in their attempt to introduce cvt transmissions. Also Saturn is no longer in business. We answer all phone calls and address any complaint feel free to call us anytime. Also I find the racist comment made by this person very offensive and I quote... "aggravation of getting hustled by these douchbag guidos... If I could, I would buy the entire lot and burn it to the ground"... And fyi Joe Vargas is not Italian and neither am I. This person should feel free to file a complaint with the RI Dealers Commission Board their number is 401-462-5731

I would have addressed these complaints sooner but was unaware of this website until a customer who bought a vehicle informed me today. I am not claiming that every single person that buys a car here loves us but I can confidently tell you we do our best to please our customers with in reason and we keep all of our promises and put everything in writing.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns