Elderbeerman/All Departments / attitude of sales assoc.in store

1 Lima, OH, United States Review updated:

I have been a longtime customer with elder beerman and in the last two years, I have seen the sales in the lima mall slipping and slipping. There are never enough associates to assist or check customers out. Their attitudes suck. They all act as if they are pissed off and completely stressed out. Their excuse is, they amount of help has been cut and their hours are cut. They have to cover two or more departments.
I stood in a line of six customers today [protected]) who all had several items in their arms and no associate to be found. One customer just dumped their armload of merchandise and walked out. The telephone started ringing and no one was there to answer it, so I answered it and said there is no one here to help us out and you had better get here quick because everyone is getting pissed off.
This isn'[t the first time this has happened during a big sale.
As far as I am concerned (and several others), I will never step foot in that store again. I am going to cut up my card, pay off my account and be done with elderbeerman ever again. I will and have been taking my business to macy's, penney's and kohls.

Comments

• Ca
      2nd of Feb, 2010

Associates and their attitudes.

2nd of Feb, 2010

Never enough help available. time spent waiting in line - ridicules

2nd of Feb, 2010

Something better be done and soon.

2nd of Feb, 2010

I am finished with elder beerman/bonton

2nd of Feb, 2010

I will never shop their again!!!

2nd of Feb, 2010

I said all I am going to say. the end!!!

• Ro
      24th of Feb, 2010

I have on several occasions tried to get the credit dept of elder beerman answer my complaint on my billing for feb of this year. I paid $150.00, and I understand my late payment of one day, but come on!, one day, i've had a elder beeman credit card for over 15years now! I will use it no more! rates are way to high!!! at 23.9%, come on now!! i'm on s.s. I now, so i'll never get paid down at the current rate. bob lowrie

• Ro
      24th of Feb, 2010

I won't be using my credit card for elder beerman credid card unless the rate is lowerd a lot!!!

• Ha
      13th of Sep, 2012

On July 4th 2012 my mother in-law purchased two tech trek toys from the Elder- Beerman store in Barboursville, WV. The toys were for my daughter’s birthday in September. At no time during check out was she informed there was only a 60 day return policy. Seeing as how Sept 8th (their party date) is after the 60 days, obviously she would have never purchased these items. She assumed she had 90 days to return. Upon first assembly of both toys we discovered they were both defective. As you can imagine our girls were very disappointed.
    When I tried to return the toys with the original receipt to the store on 09/13/2012 I was rudely informed I was out of luck. The young women assisting me left me at the register while she went to speak with a manager about my situation. She then informed me that not only could I not have my cash back, but they would not give me store credit or do an even exchange for the same item. When I asked politely to speak with the manger she then told me that she was the manager. Obliviously something was a bit off, since she had just left me standing there while she went to ask her manager what to do. She told me her name was Cassandra Vance. Regardless of her employment status, she was very unprofessional.
    Although it was 11 days over the limit, I feel I should have at least been offered store credit. Had I lied and said I didn't have a receipt, I would have been given store credit, explain the logic in that? My mother in-law and I have been faithful patrons of this store and many other Elder- Beerman and Bon Ton stores, however we will not be returning. I understand there are rules and conditions. Had I been treated with a modicum of respect, I would have accepted the $50 loss, without changing my view on shopping at this and other Elder -Beerman stores.