Eichenbaum & Stylianou / Terrible company

United States Review updated:
4.85

Eichenbaum & Stylianou, LLC are known widely for being a 'debt collection' firm in Northern New Jersey. I personally do not consider them to be on the level as an average attorney because an average attorney has a level of ethics in which they maintain. This 'prestigious' firm has absolutely no regard for the rules of court and feel as if they are barred from following normal court procedures. Being as all of the attorneys in this firm only follow the 'debt collection' practice, it leaves less to be desired when it comes to other areas of law. I moreover consider each and every attorney of this 'prestigious' firm to be a '$5.00 dollar rent-an-attorney' being as all of their clients compensate them no more than $250.00 per defaulted client.

On December 8, 2008, I received a letter from the 'Judgment Recovery Unit' of Eichenbaum & Stylianou, LLC, advising me that on November 25, 2008 a judgment was entered against me on behalf of their client, Capital One Bank. This came to an immediate hilarious shock being as I have never received any type of Complaint in this matter. Pursuant to New Jersey court law, it is mandatory that the Defendant be successfully served with the initial Complaint in any type of civil suit; should the Defendant be unsuccessfully served the Plaintiffs' attorney is NOT allowed to proceed with any further proceedings until service of the Complaint upon the Defendant has been successful either through regular ordinary mail, certified mail, personal carrier service or newspaper publishing.

So, I then proceeded to call the number with the following extension (5066) to advise them of the wonderful situation they've seem to caught themselves in. Unfortunately for them, I've been working in this area of law for the past five years and I'd say by now I'm SOMEWHAT familiar with standard court procedure, needless to say it was a shocking surprise to the unintelligent 'prestigious' employee on the other side of the line.

The employee at extension 5066 insisted that I had been served successfully with the Complaint and that they had my signature on file. This is a boldface lie, because December 8, 2008 was the first time I became familiar with this action in question. I then advised the employee that it would be an extremely wise choice to have his superior file a Motion to Vacate Judgment considering I was never successfully served and never had a chance to defend myself with regard to this matter. However as such, I do not deny my debt, but at this time in our economic stance, paying a debt in which 50% consists of over limit fees, interest, insurance costs (which by the way, never covered any of my costs once I became unemployed, but they still had no issue applying the charge every month) and late charges from after I canceled the card is hardly my priority right now.

He then proceeded to hang up on me in dismay. Needless to say, now that I am aware of the circumstances I will be filing the proper motions in court to move for this matter to be dismissed wholeheartedly and maybe they will consider following court procedure next defendant around.
Di

Comments

Bo
  3rd of Jun, 2009
This is a total and complete horror. This company is lowest of the ### I ever had to face. I am very unfamiliar with law and when this people arrested my account I realized that neither my own government or anyone else were ever on MY side. I don't know what rights they have to represent Capital One. I want to see the legal document where it clearly says that Eichenbaum & Stylianou represent Capital One. However, Morris County Court didn't care or didn't check that info. Instead they prosecuted my checking account. I am willing to work with Capital One, however, I am not in any way going to coopeate with THE LOWEST PEOPLE ON EARTH DISGRACE TO LAW-COMMUNITY - Eichenbaum & Stylianou. If anyone feels same way, please email to me at boris_shartsman@hotmail.com
Ou
  10th of Aug, 2009
i recently won a motion to have this company not ganish my check. Now the judge has decide to take my matter to trial with this firm. the are asking me for interrogatories. is there anyone that knows about this kind off stuff.
Bu
  19th of Sep, 2009
These guys are true ### gutter lawyer/collections. I had a previous debt with HSBC Orchard CC and I was contacted by them in December 2008. I setup a payment plan and gave them my information to take monthly payments. I had recieved an agreement letter from them stating that on this date January 02, 2009 and every 2nd of the month from here on out they willwithdrawl payment from me until this debt is paid. They took payment for the first 3 months and then in June I got a letter stating that I had a judgment against me. I contacted them and asked why and they said I stopped making payment. I said they have my account information to where they can withdrawl monthly. The response I got was you didnt call us after 3 months. I said I was not aware that I had to contact you after 3 months and was under the assumption that this debt was being paid. I setteld the debt and asked for them to lift the judgment from my record and they said no. They only will show a satisfied judgment. How shady can some companies get. I mean really how is someone suppose to know this? With out this being documented on my agreement I am unaware of what has to take place. I dont pay no mind to my checking account. I just setup montlhy payments with my utilities and all other bills I have. I have filed a motion to vacate with the Ocean county court stating that it was excusable neglect. I had been making payment and they just pulled the carpet out from under me. How many others has this crap happened to? I hope these mother ###ers burn in hell for the low life tactics they use on the average consumer. Bunch of ### word twisting trained monkeys answer the phones and if you request to speak to an attorney they on turn snicker and say they will not speak to you, unless you are an attorney. So a BIG ### YOU is in order for all the ###s that work at EICHENBAUM & STYLIANOU
To
  2nd of Dec, 2009
I WAS RECENTLY CONTACTED AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME FROM CAPITAL ONE. THEY WERE GOING TO GARNISH MY PAYCHECKS. ON NOVENBER 11, 2009 I WENT TO STORE AND MY BANK CARD WAS DENIED. I CALLED AND FOUND OUT THEY EMPTIED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WHICH MY 12YR OLD DAUGHTER IS ALSO ON BECAUSE SHE GETS SSI FROM HER DAD AND THEY DIDNT CARE AND TOOK EVERY PENNY. I HAVE NO RENT MONEY I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO-ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS. toniannkozlowski@ymail.com
Mi
  1st of Jun, 2010
These crooks took the money we agreed apon then wanted more. I took them to court and had them settle for less money than originally agreed apon. Would like to file a class action suite against them.
Si
  7th of Jun, 2010
I too am I will tell everyone I know not to use the SLOMINS SHIELD for anything except to wipe their butt after defacating. I will file complaints with every organization that could possibly help stop them. Anyone interested in helping please advise!!!
Si
  7th of Jun, 2010
This firm got a judgment without serving me and attached my bank account. I only got notice from my bank and when I sent them a letter with payment arrangements they cashed my checks and never released my bank account they now have all my money and more than is owed. I will have to take it up in court as well. Do not use Slomins Shield they should be ashamed to have this bunch of idiots representing their company
To
  16th of Dec, 2010
I have also had the opportunity to speak to an telephone assistant "Isaac", who I believe to be the same individual that refused a payment arrangement me previously. I initially forwarded a $100 payment to show good faith and asked that a letter follow to document our payoff agreement, totalling $837. The $737 balance was to be made over the next three months. When I called back to inform this firm that I in fact had not received any documentation confirming our agreement, I was told that I had to forward 40% of the outstanding balance immediately. He also became verbally abusive and disconnected. My credit report indicated a civil judgement in March of 2010. As of Dec. 2010 the balance is now said to be $1019.81. I am attempting to rehabilitate my credit and will satisfy this debt, however, there seems to be a severe lack of professionalism with this company and I will refrain from patronizing Capital One or its associates in the future.
Fr
  2nd of Feb, 2011
I totally agree. Was given misinformation from them and they were rude on the telephone. Had no clue as to who in Trenton I should call on this matter where they had told me to write. They told me to call the county I live in. They also did not give me full information for filing papers with Trenton and it is now going to cost me additional monies for copies of such documents. I have had a career of working for attorneys in both NY and NJ and never would have been kept on as an employee if I treated people like this. They had no professional knowledge of what they were supposed to be handling.
Pi
  7th of Jul, 2011
ANYONE INTERESTED IN FILING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS "LAW FIRM" KINDLY INFORM AND INCLUDE ME!!
Sk
  14th of Mar, 2012
I had a similar situation and when I called to make arrangements they said it was "Against Company Policy" to make any kind of adjustments to arrangements that they offer in order to remove the judgement. This firm is a bunch of thieves and ###, that buy debts from banks and and add excessive late fees and other fees and should have their license revoked.
Ol
  11th of May, 2012
I was harrassed by Eichenbaum & Stylianou for almost a year. I ended up having to declare bankruptcy. After the Bankruptcy was finished, my lawyer sued E & S on my behalf because they're breaking the law with their collection practices...you can be awarded 5, 000 against them. Our case never even went to trial...Eichenbaum & Stylianou settled out of court, and I was paid.
Il
  6th of Jun, 2012
This collection ageny should be closed down ! they are complete thiefs!!! I had a $200 Best buy credit card debt turn into $680 garnished from my wages and $784 tooken out of my bank account. When i callde they said court clerk made an error. I called and spoke to guy named George who was very friendly but when i calld back spoke to a total as*h%$e named Tim who was sooooo rude! Said I should have paid my bill !! the nerve of him you guys took a total of $1464 which should have only been $400!!! I cant believe this is even legal !!!