eHarmony / fraudsters and cheaters

After a lot of thought, I decided to join EHarmony for 3 months. What a RIP OFF! Don't do it!!! The few "matches" I received were obviously the free "potential customers" who can sign up FREE and get matched. But none of them can post pictures - unless they pay to join. So, when you ask for a photo in the very beginning, they never respond. When I complained to EHarmony, they told me to "be patient." When I complained again that I had not even received any matches in the last several weeks, I was told - this is unbelievable - that I had to "set aside an hour" to fill out yet another stupid questionnaire!!! Talk about passing the buck. They said via email, that unless I filled out another questionnaire, they would NOT send me any more matches!!! Just an arbitrary decision some idiot answering emails decided to do. I think that is what's called breach of contract - duh.

Obviously, they send "matches" to all the freebies who did not pay to join, just to hook them in and get them to join. Meanwhile, the paying customers don't get any matches.

Anyway, they are a huge rip-off company and I wish I had just googled them for complaints before I paid them. BEWARE. Do not join this ripoff company.

Sc

Comments

20th of Jun, 2009

After a lot of thought, I decided to join EHarmony for 3 months. What a RIP OFF! Don't do it!! The few 'matches' I received were obviously the free 'potential customers' who can sign up FREE and get matched. But none of them can post pictures - unless they pay to join. So, when you ask for a photo in the very beginning, they never respond. When I complained to EHarmony, they told me to 'be patient.'

When I complained again that I had not even received any matches in the last several weeks, I was told - this is unnelievable - that I had to 'set aside an hour' to fill out yet another stupid questionnaire!!! Talk about passing the buck. They said via email, that unless I filled out another questionnaire, they would NOT send me any more matches!!! Just an arbitrary decision some idiot answering emails decided to do. I think that is what's called breach of contract - duh.

Obviously, they send 'matches' to all the freebies who did not pay to join, just to hook them in and get them to join. Meanwhile, the paying customers don't get any matches.

11th of Jul, 2009

I agree, I wanted to just use it for one month, but they renew it without my permission. So, I am stuck with another month. They send you many profile matches when you are not a paid member. Once you pay, the numbers get smaller with each day. Now I get maybe two a week. Plus, 90% do not match what I am looking for, not to mention that eHarmony seems to have the least attractive people on the web. I have read that most of the matches are fake or no longer members. That explains why some never respond or look at your profile. I have found on other sites that there are scammers on eHarmony, so for eHarmony to say they are safer than other dating sites is not true. I met one person from eHarmony, and needless to say, he lied on his profile about himself. He had qualities that were basically disgusting, let alone he looked ten years older than his stated age on that site. I notify eHarmony of the situation, and the bad experience I had dating this person. They did nothing. Then I cancelled my membership. Once I did that, they notify me that they will deal with the match they sent me. The last email from them said that they had dealt with the problem. I felt that they should remove the match. So, I email them and asked them what they actually did to deal with the problem. I explain to them that I felt safer dealing with the other dating sites that were a third of the cost of theirs and no one should have to experience what I have experience with this match. I have gotten no response. They did not cancel the member that was falsifying his profile and not looking for a long term relationship (which eHarmony boost that all members are serious about that); all they did was change his age on his profile.

EHarmony is a waste of money and a scam. The matches are worst than what you find on any other dating site. EHarmony is not worth even $10.00/month. Do not use this site.

• Sc
      20th of Oct, 2009

I agree, the same thing happened to me except I caught on after the fist few days of joining up for the 3-month subscription. Their loop-hole was that i informed them of my discontent on the 4th day and not the 3rd day after my subscription. I have gone back and forth with eharmony requesting that they discontinue my services (i viewed it for only 2 days!). I agreed to forfeit my first paid month (though only used for 2 days) They refused to cancel my account, told me that I had to pay for the full subscription and now I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This people are crooks! Have a lot of money to pay for advertising and have no business ethics! Buyers Beware! These pleople are scammers!!!

• Sc
      20th of Oct, 2009

Eharmony must be stopped!