eFurnituredeals.com / Total SCAM

1 Ocean, NJ, United States

On 12/10/2008, I placed an order online with efurnituredeals.com for a dresser manufactured by Pulaski Furniture Company. I was quoted an expected delivery within six to eight weeks and my credit card was immediately charged in the amount of $1569.00.

Repeated inquiries regarding the status of our order elicited responses pushing delivery further and further into the future. As our last message was never answered, and an attempt was made to log into the efurnituredeals.com website on 3/26/2009 which netted the response that it had been closed down.

This entire transaction appears to be fraudulent from beginning to end. Immediately after contacting my credit card issuer this morning, I placed a call to Pulaski Furniture Customer Service, [protected], and learned that Pulaski has NEVER had any dealings with efurnituredeals.com and was dealing with a number of complaints similar to mine. (NOTE: Immediately following our order to EFD in December 2008, several fraudulent charges were place against our card. Thankfully, we were alerted by the our bank's fraud department of suspicious activity on our account and the fraudulant charges were reversed.)

I'm of the opinion that this was an on-going criminal enterprise and probably falls under federal statutes for prosecution in addition to violation of various state laws and all of us that were scammed by these criminals should send our documentation to the applicable authorities. At very least, send your info or contact the New Jersey Office of Consumer Affairs (Office of the Attorney General) Tel: [protected]

Dan in Florida