eFurnituredeals.com / company is a scam

1 Ocean, NJ, United States Review updated:

Tried to check the status of my order and got the message that the company was "forced" to close. I filed a complaint with the BBB of NJ and got the address of 1500 Allaire Ave in Ocean, NJ. That address is 10 miles from me so I went there and it's a law firm. When I asked about the company I was told that this firm handled the corperation paperwork for eFurnitureDeals.com. The gentleman asked an associate to take my info and get efurniture on the phone or by email to find out why they were using his law firm's address. I wished them luck. My guess is that they have more info on these folks than just an email and phone number. They said that they would call me if they got a hold of eFurniture. The law firm phone is [protected]. Maybe if they get a ton of calls from people who got ripped off by this scam they will move to do something about it. Sounds as if no one got what they ordered and no refunds.

Ma

More eFurnituredeals.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tt
      24th of Mar, 2009

Thanks for the information. I also contacted the Federal Trade Commission & filed a complaint as this was a deceptive practice. I suggest you contact the NJ Attorney General's Office too. Good Luck!

• We
      26th of Mar, 2009

They also used my credit card to buy item at Sheplers.inc on Dec 6, 2009 and FedEX in Dec 19, 2009.
    Also Furniture was delivered 3 months later.

• Da
      26th of Mar, 2009

Just found out today that efurniture is a rip-off - this after months of trying to get a delivery date on a chest of drawers from Pulaski. I got the "forced to close down" message and immediately called my credit card issuer to file a fraud claim. (My credit card had also been used to make unauthorized purchases right after I placed my order in December 2008. ) As late as 3/13/2009, I was still getting responses to my requests for information, but each one had another reason that the shipment had been delayed. The last email indicated that Pulaski had released my order for shipment and I could expect to hear from the trucking company to arrange a delivery date. When I called Pulaski Furniture this morning they indicated that they'd never had any business arrangement with efurniture...

• La
      27th of Mar, 2009

Wow! I just found out today that efurniture was a scam. I got the scam message too about being forced to close down. I order an ashley living room set for $1549.00. back in December 08. I kept getting different reasons why my furniture haven't been delivered. I called my bank to dispute it, unfortunately they were unable to do anything because it been more than 60 days. Right now, I'm furious and very upset. It has to be something done about this bogus company. I'm just not sure what steps to take at this moment. I want my money back and something done about this scamming company. It's pathetic that someone will have the heart to rip hard working American people off. If anyone have any idea of how to recover my money, please let me know. Thanks!

• Tt
      30th of Mar, 2009

Contact NJ Consumer Affairs (Office of the Attorney General) Attn: Raquel Work#: 973-273-8041
    She is handling my claim. The more of us who contact her the more likely we will get some results.
    Good Luck!

• Fa
      1st of Apr, 2009

Yes, all the above comments and complaints are definitely exact.It happened to me the beginning of March 2009, I ordered a livingroom set for $1185.00
    and I cancelled 2 days later when the bank called to tell me there were charges being made on my card that were unauthorized. I am presently going through
    BBB in N.J. to try and get my money back.I am also going through the dispute dept.w/ my bank to collect the funds. If I don't succeed this way, I will contact the
    consumer affairs dept. This is ridiculous. PLease pursue!