eFurnituredeals.com / Never delivered

1 Ocean, NJ, United States Review updated:

Efurnituredeals.com
Is a bogus company. They have morphed into many furniture companies. I bought, or thought i bought, a curio that never arrived. They run a pretty good operation with a neat website and costumer services, but they never delivered.
Do not buy from them or you will loose your money.
They were reported to bbb, ftc, and consumer reports and no body has done anything.

Do not buy from

Efurnituredeals.com

Ma

Comments

• Bu
      29th of Nov, 2008

BEWARE OF ONLINE SCAMS! I am so glad you have shared this scam with innocent, unsuspecting internet shoppers. I am preparing to spend about $3500 on a bedroom set that I cannot get locally. I have searched every online furniture site imaginable. The pricing at efurnituredeals.com, with free shipping and free white glove delivery/set-up (which is very uncommon to be free) sounded nearly too good to be true. Just for kicks, I went to BBB to check out a rating on efurnituredeals.com, and noticed they are not BBB accredited. This was the first red flag. However, I was able to find their address through BBB online, located at 1500 Allaire Ave., Ste. 101 in Ocean City, NJ. When I looked up the physical address on the web (suspicious about furniture coming from an office suite), I observed that this is the address of a Law Office named Klauber & Klauber. This is probably a scam as well, as they too state on their site that they will accept downpayments by credit card. BEWARE! What kind of real attorney firm does this, and sells furniture on the side. They are also listed as CONSUMER FRAUD specialists. If anyone knows anything to the contrary about this company, please post it.

• Go
      16th of Dec, 2008

WOW!! my hope was that these thieves were out of business ! I fell pray as well to the tune of $2000.00 to "Everyday furnishings.com" in March of 2008. I payed through PayPal for an additional 5 percent discount. "Suzie Walker" in customer service strung me along for 3 months on a shipping date before I did the research. RIP OFF !!! I was refunded my money through Chase my credit card company. I'm shocked that PayPal continues to do business with their multiple front companies. I lodged complaints with every agency available as well as a joint federal task force on e fraud.Do not but anything from these people. I can still log on to multiple sites and it says my order is in progress!! I don't know all their company names and have forgotten a few but here is a sampling.
    everydayfurnishings.com
    shophomefurniture.com
    shopsmartfurniture.com
    furniturebrandsgroup.com
    oneclickfurniture.com
    homedecor.com
    BERWARE check out these other companies on this board, it will give you that sick sinking feeling if you already ordered.

• Su
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I ordered a bed from efurnisturedeals.com in October 2008 and have yet to receive it. I contacted them in late November to inquire as to deliver date and was told it would be 3 more weeks before being shipped. I called again before Christmas and was told it would be another 3 weeks - shipping problems. I called again on January 20, 2009 and was told that the bed would be shipped on January 23rd. On January 22, I called to confirm and again was told it would be 2 - 3 weeks before it was shipped. I immediately called my credit card company and filed a dispute/fraud report. (The full purchase price was charged to my account at time of purchase.) Luckily I called and filed a dispute - my time period for filing was running out. The woman I spoke to told me that these types of companies will continue to "put you off" until the time frame for filing has expired. I placed a call to efurnituredeals.com this morning and cancelled my order and asked for an e-mail confirmation. I researched efurnituredeals on line and learned that many others have had the same problem. I filed a report with BBB in New Jersey and am going to contact Basset Furniture (manufacturer of the bed) and inform them of this company.

29th of Jan, 2009
    eFurnituredeals.com - delivery questions,questionable charges on credit card
    unknown
    efurnituredeals.com

ordered from this co. a curio cabinet to 470 dollars, they immediately charged my credit card for it visa. they keep putting off delivery..i canceled my order, got confirmation, told them i heard they were a scam co..they did not say anything or defend themselves to me..said i would get refund on credit card in two to three days..gonna check in a few days with credit card co..to see if they did it, if not gonna file a dispute on the charge to efurniture.com..i think this co. i bogas. The same time frame the only thing i charged on my credit card for months was this curio cabinet with them. i got a call from my credit card co..they had cancelled my card because of charges, bogas, to three thousand dollars to kuwait airlines, numerous others the bank caught as suspicious and did not pay them.. I now have a new card and no. and it was all straightened out by BOA ..WAS ALL THESE CHARGES RELATED TO THIS FURNITURE CO...I WONDER.. FOR SURE..I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ORDERING FROM A CO. IF THEY IMMEDIATELY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT SHIPPING THE ITEM OUT FIRST, RED FLAG FOR SURE. i hope this helps others with my exeperience with this co..

• Me
      11th of Feb, 2009

Well, like the most of you; I wish I would have found this complaint site before I purchased from them. It sincerely sickens me that there is such an extensive history of fraud here that no one has done anything about.

In any case, within 2 days of buying furniture from efurnituredeals.com; I was out over $12, 000 and am still working with my bank to get it back. I'm not lying... $12, 000!!! There were charges in California, Florida, France, etc.

I would urge anyone who falls victim to this scam to file a police report, write your state Attorney General via certified mail, and of course call your bank. I think it's our responsibility as citizen consumers to not be just content getting our money back, but to help protect potential victims in the future.

• Am
      11th of Feb, 2009

I am having the same problem. I was told it would ship in 6-8 weeks. I called around 6 1/2 weeks to find out more information. I was told it would ship February 6th. I called the 9th and told it would be another two weeks. I tried countless times to talk to a manager and was either given a voice mail or told no one was available. I even called and asked for the manager by name(one of the ones I left a voice mail with) and was told there was no one by that name there. I finally called and said I needed to talk to a manager. When they refused I told them I needed to cancel my order. I was told that if my order had not been shipped it would be canceled. I assured them it had not been shipped, after all that was the problem to begin with! I called back an hour later and they tried telling me they weren't allowed to cancel it that only a manager could do that. Finally they were able to cancel it. They said I would receive my refund in 3-5 days, but I have already called my credit card company to let them know what is going on. They are going to dispute it. I don't know for sure if it's a scam but it's definitely fishy!

• Fo
      12th of Feb, 2009

Same goofy story over here folks. I placed an order with efurnituredeals.com back in December, 2008 for more than $1, 500. --I also had fraudulent charges applied to my credit card from numerous Internet websites---but I was lucky. (An alert online manager contacted me asking about an 'order' I had placed online that had my address for billing but a different 'ship to' address.) I cancelled my card before a ton of ridculous charges cleared with my credit card company. Anyway, I called every couple of weeks to find out the 'status' of the order since I was billed in full but did not have an anticipated delivery date. I had that nagging feeling that something was not right... --By early February I had had enough! I called customer service, again and was passed over to "a manager" who tried to sound professional and not to0 scam-artist like on the phone. (I had also already contacted my Credit Card Co. to file a dispute and the BBB) I also asked for an email confirmation showing proof of the 'refund' because you need any type of proof that you can get in situations like these. BEWARE! There is more than one SCAM going on with this site. 1) Stealing your credit card/personal information and 2) Billing you for merchandise that only exists on the Internet.

• Ri
      15th of Feb, 2009

Check out my web site, ShopHomeFurniture-fraud.com. It happened to me, filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals office of New York, still waiting for them to do something.

• Ri
      16th of Feb, 2009
    eFurnituredeals.com - Non delivered furniture
    New Jersey
    efurnituredeals.com

Ordered etegere from efurnituredeals.com in November 2008. Have not been able to get a delivery date from them since I paid via credit card. Immediately following placing the order and paying via credit card, received several fraudulent charges on my credit card from Dublin. The card account was closed by the bank. Have still not been able to get a shipment date from the company who changes their story in the middle of speaking with me. This is a bogus and unethical company. Do not order from them. I am trying to get my money refunded.

• Al
      16th of Feb, 2009
    eFurnituredeals.com - Horrible Customer Service
    EFurnitureDeals.com
    EFurnitureDeals.com

This company is horrible to deal with. We ordered 2 sets of chairs in Sept. 08. It is now Feb. 07 and have only had 1 set of chairs delivered. We are currently in the process of trying to get our other set, but they are unresponsive to e-mails and we receive flakey "I'll have to look more into it" when we call. They took our money and gaurenteed delivery within 8-12 weeks. It took 3 months to get our first set of chairs and then there was a "mix-up" and had to re-order another set. We have been extremely dissapointed with this company and will never do buisness with them again. We advise anyone against ordering anything from them too.

• Sl
      4th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to us. We ordered an armoire for $949. At the end of the 6-8 weeks delivery time, we started calling them. For the next two months, they promised it would ship in the next week or two. Four months after we ordered, they told us that the item was discontinued, and offered us a discount on something else. The only items that had "discounts" would have required more money spent by us. We canceled the order. Since then, they've told us that they can't just credit our card back (it's been too long, they said), and they've promised to send a check, which they've told us will be mailed in the next few days. They've been saying that for over a month now. We've filed a BBB complaint, and contacted our bank, who agreed to file a dispute with MasterCard, even though it's been so long since the initial order, because we were in weekly contact with the so-called sellers.

One other thing I recommend other victims do is file a complaint with the federal Internet Crime Complaint Center at http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FRAUDS.

• Ci
      4th of Mar, 2009

I had the same experience from efurnituredeals.com. I ordered a bed from them on 12/28/08...and here it is 03/03/09 and haven't recieved the item or received any other status than "processing..." whenever I check my account with them online.
    DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. They will delay and/or give you the run-around in order to keep you stringing along. Horrible customer service. If I ever receive my bed...I will repost an update.

• Ci
      4th of Mar, 2009

This company is not recommended.

• Ho
    eFurnituredeals.com - SCAM / Stole Credit Card Number
    New Jersey

I ordered from this company on in Dec 08... i was told the item was on back order however my card was charged anyway. In mid February i had to call to find out they could not get my furniture and they would have to give me credit or a refund. It's now March 4th and i still haven't gotten a refund. They will not respond to emails and you only get the run around when calling. As with other complaints, my card number was used two days after making the purchase. Don't be the next victim.

• Th
      12th of Mar, 2009
    eFurnituredeals.com - Stole $1129, Didn't Deliver Product: DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!
    eFurnituredeals.com

We ordered a Pulsaski bombe console from efurnituredeals.com on 12/1/2008. Here's one of the early emails:
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Customer Service EFD [mailto:custserv@efurnituredeals.com]
    Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:33 AM

Thank you for contacting customer service regarding your order. Pulaski orders take 6-8 weeks for processing before they are ready to be picked up.
    Your order is expected to be picked up towards the beginning of February and transferred to our shipping facility for inspection. Once inspection is completed you will be contacted regarding delivery. From the time your order is picked up until you are contacted can take up to 10 business days. If you have any further questions regarding your order simply reply to this email.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After wondering why we haven't received the item, we've received 2 additional emails (only after we emailed them) indicating that the product still hasn't shipped and they don't know why or when it will.

Well, after receiving incredibly poor service from efurnituredeals.com rep Kathy Smith, who doesn't respond to email and is extremely rude on the phone (she hung up on me), I decided to call Pulaski to see if the order had been placed. After much trial and tribulation, it was learned that my order hasn't been placed with Pulaski and that eFurnituredeals.com ordered only 1 item from Pulaski in 2008 and it was in September. The person at Pulaski went on to inform me that her company knows about eFurnitureDeals and that they had an internal discussion about them today as well. She said she wasn't able to tell me what she learned but that I need to make arrangements to cancel my order immediately and try to get our money back.

DO NOT ORDER FROM EFURNITUREDEALS.COM else you'll have a similar experience.

• Tt
      13th of Mar, 2009

You need to contact the NJ Attorney Generals Office regarding efurnituredeals.com!.I had the same experience.

• Bu
      18th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a dining set from them on 1/30/09. Was told it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery. received an e-mail today (7 weeks later) saying that my order had been cancelled. When I called them to inquire why, they said that the item had been discontinued from the manufacturer. (Doesn't it seem like they should have known that before the day it was due to ship?) They said that a refund would take 3-5 days. After reading other complaints of almost identical experiences with them, I am skeptical that the refund will happen and have already contacted my credit card company. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was dumped into someone's voicemail. At best, this company is running a scam where they take your money for a product that they have no intention of delievering, and wait as long as they can before refunding so that they can earn interest on it for months. At worst, they don't refund the money and are out and out thieves.

• Ms
      21st of Mar, 2009
    eFurnituredeals.com - scam, no delivery and no refund
    efurnituredeals.com

Ordered a pulaski dining set for 1425.00. My card was immediately charged this amount, in addition to other fraudelent charges that started showing up on my account after placing an order with this so called company. Tried to cancel my order after reading all the bad reviews about them on the internet. They repeatedly hung up on me after I told them the problem, and that I wanted to cancel my order. Finally someone called "Al" spoke to me and said they would refund my money in 5-7 days. That has been almost 2 months ago. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Burea. They sent complaints to efurnituredeals on my behalf and reminders with no response. They had to close the case and turn it over to Consumer Affairs and an investigator due to their lack of response. They have a rating of F on BBB. They will not refund my money or respond to any complaints. The fraud department at my bank has now launched a fraud investigation against them. Please do not order from this site. They are fraudelent and will steal your money. They also hacked into my email account after I used it to correspond with them. Also, had to cancel my debit account, and open a new one. A legitimate company does not charge your account until the item has shipped. BEWARE.

21st of Mar, 2009

My husband got taken in by the white glove, free delivery! Ordered a couch and loveseat 11/30/08 and here it is 3/21/09 and I also am getting the run around with promises of 2 to 4 weeks process/mailing of paper check, they don't use paypal-
    Visa can't help after 60 days, it was 63 days when the "light came on", that we got took, so I cancelled the order. They started telling me check was in the mail 2/13, then 2/27 then -
    Can anybody offer any suggestions- I NEED my money back!

• Be
      23rd of Mar, 2009

OMG- They shut down the efurnituredeals.com site. After reading these posts, I feel defeated. I wish we would had researched better! How could they continue this practice for so long?