Effortlesse Web POS / Unable to stop subscription

1 Not on their websiteCA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (888) 362-9307

As part of a research project into web-based Point of Sales systems I signed up to the Effortlesse 30 day trial of their WebPOS system to play around with the software and see if it was useful for our needs. It wasn't and so I looked on their site for how to unsubscribe but couldn't find out where (it's hidden in their terms and conditions it seems, which is very nice of them)

If you are thinking of signing up to this demo be warned that they do not respond to 'Trouble Tickets' which you submit through their tech connect system and in fact charged my card well over a MONTH after I submitted a ticket telling them to cancel my account, as their sales people advised me to. They have now refunded me for one of the month's fees but only after threatening them with legal action, prior to that they simply ignored me.

Dodgy in my opinion and I will never deal with them again.

Martin Neill - marty@nomoreart.co.uk

More Effortlesse Web POS Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Feb, 2009

Have you found a good solution for a retail POS which allows you to set up a quick e-store as well? Please let me know if you have. find.roman@gmail.com

• To
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Martin, I currently am using the system and in a way regret it. I have never dealt with customer service and sales people who only know how to say NO. Whatever you want, they can't do, aren't able to do, or are incompetent to do. Mostly with a bad attitude. I couldn't imagine working for that company. ALL of the employees with whom I have spoke are very rude and curt. I am currently looking for a replacement that will be able to serve as a POS for my stores and host my website. There are many good features to the program. I think if they were to change some upper level management, they might go somewhere, but for now, they will be lo0sing my account. It really sucks. Like you say, they don't respond. Poor, poor, poor customer service. I was taught that you can only say yes to a customer, or hand it over to a manager. I guess they are so small they can't have managers, another issue to be ware of if looking into this system. REALLY BAD SERVICE, and REALLY BAD SUPPORT.

• Jm
      16th of May, 2011

I had this service for 2 years with a small retail store in Atlanta. From the beginning, service was terrible. Once I signed up, personal communication ended. If there was an issue with service or I needed technical assistance, even in the beginning, I had to "open a service ticket". I did open service tickets and they would not respond sometimes till days later, much later than I needed in most cases to solve my problem in a timely manner. Unless you are purchasing, it is impossible to get through to reach a live person. They have live peopple to take your order, but you are forced to "chat online" once you are a paying customer. Even though the program was very limited, no times associated with each purchase, and inability to have different tax codes on different categories of items, i kept the service because of the price. Big mistake. When I cancelled service. They directed me agian to "Open a service ticket" which I did stating my intention to cancell. next month, they charged my account again. WHen I called to dispute the charge, I was forced again to "chat online" with someone who cared nothing about me as a customer. They had no record of my service ticket and refused to credit me FOR THE CURRENT MONTH THAT I WASNT EVEN USING! ALl this company cares about it convenience for themselves and whether or not they can charge your credit card each month. ### service and product. DO yourself a favor and go somewhere else for POS syste and save yourself the headache that I went through with this bunch of clowns.

24th of Apr, 2012

Horrible customer service. These folks use "ALL CAPS" to berade their customers. It is truly unbelievable. I tried to cancel with effortlessE on the last day of my 30-day trial and got charged for another 3 months.

• Rh
      24th of Dec, 2013

Everything mentioned here is 100% true. I have been with them since 2009 and Tech Support/Customer Support is non-existent! Here I am today, Christmas Eve, and their system is down...so my system is down in 3 different retail stores in 3 shopping malls...on our BIGGEST shopping day of the year! I am searching Google for a contact number for them and I come across these complaints. I can't even create a support ticket because the system is down, and of course there is no phone number either. I see that I am going to have some fun times ahead when cancelling my service with this awful company...

15th of Aug, 2014

I have a quick solution for business owners. It would take little time to make but it will saves you ton of money and time in long run...Which I'm going that direction. Build a web site you can actually can make sale. This will benefit you few different way. 1- You going to know exactly what you have. 2-Customer actual can make their own sale 3- You only pay about 3% thats all no other hidden fees. You can even build your own discount codes. So employees can't messed up discount codes whenever they please..