EffecturReceived money; did not provide agreed to tax resolution services

D Review updated:

I hired Effectur for $6, 000 to an handle IRS debt. Once they were paid in full, all work stopped. I should have looked at www.ComplaintsBoard and before I hired them, as I now see that they contain an encyclopedia of fraudulent-type activity by the company and its sleaze-ball president, Kenneth Johnson, who reportedly got the idea for Effectur after he himself got caught defrauding the IRS by not paying federal withholding taxes (you can see this piece of work at: http://tinyurl.com/Effectur-is-a-ripoff )

I am seeking the full scope of potential legal, regulatory, media and viral marketing actions that can be taken to get a refund, protect myself with the IRS since Effectur has done no work for months, help others who have been ripped-off, and let the public know to stay away from these vermin who have taken the opportunity, in this bad economy, to make money off of other peoples' misery.

Share your story here, if you have one, as well as the names of people you have dealt with there, as there is strength in numbers. (Effectur, on the other hand, is just 15 people working the phones in a small office in Greensboro, North Carolina.) If you have been ripped-off, tell your story and fight back!

Effectur

• C
      Sep 22, 2009
    Effectur - no services
    Effectur

I am going through the same thing right now...i hired effectur to help me resolve my back taxes and set up a resoltution. The only thing i have gotten over $4000.00 later is unreturned phone calls and excuses. I ended up having to call the IRS myself and get things resolved because they put liens on me and levied my bank accounts.

• J
      Oct 07, 2009

This scam company took my money too.They took over close to 6000 but did not do nothing .I have called all there numbers but they do not respond to none of the numbers.Please anyone give me a call [protected] let me know what happen to you thanks we need to go after them.

• J
      Oct 07, 2009

They still have all my files too.

• W
      Oct 07, 2009

Yep, I worked for them from the time they were a very small operation. They quickly turned into a greedy, unethical company. I don't know how the owner could sleep at night. It was quite disgusting. I would suggest to anyone that has IRS problems to just try and work with them yourself. You can do the same thing yourself as Effectur promised they would do for you. Don't be afraid. They (the IRS) want you to pay, and they will work with you as long as you show them that you are willing to show an effort. Hope that helps!

• V
      Feb 19, 2010

I had the samething. I spent 5, 450.00 for them they did NOTHING! I am going to the Attorney General. I will call you as well.