Edward Jones Investments / poor service, raped with fees
We moved all of our investments to Edward Jones after dissatisfaction with our original broker. We had lengthy discussions about how we were looking for someone who would pay attention to our investments and keep us informed when and what to buy/sell and have a hands on approach. I work offshore and don't have time to deal with this. I do understand the processes though and can participate in and understand the advice.
First they did not want to use email, which should have been my first clue. I tried to set up meetings but they were too busy to accommodate my busy schedule; never working outside of the fixed box of time.
Finally tired of being ignored, we transferred all of our investments out. Now comes the worst part. All of the investments are in "Edward Jones" name and they have to sell them to move them, with a 5% minimum commission on everything. This was thousands of dollars.
Nice tie and detailed reports when they bother to produce them
They put your money in THEIR name! 5% or $50 on EVERYTHING they sell of yours. Once you are in, you are trapped as leaving will cost you BIG.
They never paid any attention to our investments, called except to try and sell an issue. Sometimes we wouldn't hear for over a year! I would lose track of time and trusted them to keep me informed; foolish I know. But they did agree to provide this service.
More Edward Jones Investments Complaints & Reviews
- Edward Jones Investments - misrepresntation, fraud, seedy stock brokers 
- Edward Jones - lied about commission 
- Edward Jones - sales charges 
- Edward Jones - breach of binding agreement 
- Edward Jones - irresponsibility 
- Edward Jones Investments - forged document accepted 
- Edward Jones - lousy investment company 
- Edward Jones - lost money without be told 
- Edward Jones - ulana emerson, port jervis, ny
- Edward Jones - the sale of 1000 shares of stock sold while I was under duress