EDRP / theft

1 West Columbia, TX, United States Review updated:

The owner of the company, Rob Marker was a "friend" of mine. He was working on a development outside the Houston area in West Columbia. He called it Columbia Lakes Sporting Club. He had big plans for a bass fishing lake, a private country club for homeowners, and was in the planning stages to start getting homes built on the lake. I saw all the initial plans, and we talked about me investing in a lot. He was pre-selling the lots to investors for $50k, but he made me a "deal" to buy a lot for $35K. He told me he was about to sell the rest of the lots for $88K. I was sent information on the initial stages of this at first, when I would inquire. However, that quickly stopped. I have been unable to talk to him or get a return email for the last 8 months. When I contacted the Columbia Lakes Resort a couple of weeks ago, they advised me that they had nothing to do with Rob Marker anymore, and he is in no way associated with them and they havn't seen or heard from him in months. I was a single mother when I trusted and invested in this company, and my widowed mother also invested in 2 lots totaling $70K. Rob Marker has disappeared with $105, 000 of our money, and did nothing to even start the development of the Sporting Club. The comps for the lots are less than $25K now, and they havn't sold a lake lot in years...

Comments

29th of Nov, 2008

This man has to located. I can understand the hard feelings cared by anyone that has done "business" with this man. Any information on his were abouts would go along way to having him own up to his betrail.

Jalina Graham,
    Columbia Lakes Realty

• Lo
      30th of Jan, 2009

I think I know this idiot. Although, are you the only person who has taken a hit like this in the real estate market in the last few years?

• Cb
      23rd of Feb, 2009

It's not the "legitimate" real estate deals that are causing problems - it's thousands of dollars he has simply stolen by taking funds and walking off with them.

Ask for White Collar out of Brazoria county Texas - they're pursuing him.

• Cb
      11th of Sep, 2009

Rob has LOTS OF BUSINESS NAMES.

If you have a complaint against Rob marker, contact:
    1) Brazoria county: 979-849-2441: Brazoria county Sheriff's office. Ask for a detective in "white collar" or ask for the detective investigating the Rob Marker.
    2) Travis county: Meg Brooks, ADA- 512-854-9400. Ms. Brooks needs a little more convincing that Rob Marker is a career criminal. Please contact her and tell her your story about Rob - I'd like her prosecute Rob, but she needs more evidence.
    3) Bell County DA: Bill Currey, 254-933-5226. Theft by check. Rob didn't apply the payments that he was given for materials to the building. Owners are stuck with material liens even though they PAID IN FULLL.
    4) Wesley W. Chambers, 214-634-9500, private attorney - I believe seeking damages against Rob. DFW area.

• Ta
      21st of Jan, 2011

Rob is currently with the Hood County SHERIFF’S OFFICE. If you're looking for him - give them a call. 817-579-3330