[Resolved] eDreamsfraud

As thousands of people, today is my turn of being scamed by edreams. I purchased my tickets and am in urgent need of help for changing the booking. Their website is full of phone numbers that do not work and emails that do not reply. The website is full of innacurate false information regarding their customer policies. After a few minutes of reseach( now hours), I could see that they have been highly fined for false advertising and excessive phone charges and a excessively poor customer service. Its been many days I tried to contact em and I have not heard from them, I sent emails at about 10 different of their email adress I could find on the web. Some of their employees are obviously surfing blogs trying to catch up with their reputation. Some of them are even more preocupied at updating Edreams facebook pages instead of just helping me out it seems. It seems that someone is always there when a complaint comes out to appologies and offer to write an email at their customer support though. I would greatly apreciate not being ignored. If you provide false information and /or are ignoring people, you are commiting fraud. Even if you'll say you didnt know( poor you) after thousands of complaints, You know!

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Dec 28, 2011

Dear Umabdul,

Please send an email with all of this information to: edreams.onrep.[protected]@edreams.com Our Travel specialists will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

eDreams

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Aug 27, 2015

Dear Reviewer56406,

In a first place, we would like to thank you for reviewing your recent experience and for bringing this matter to our attention.

We are very sorry to hear of such unpleasant experience when dealing with our help line staff also for the line, which got dead on you. We would be happy to check our records and to look into your case in detail for that purpose, please supply the reference code or the e-mail address used when booking on-line replying a private message we´ve just sent you.

Warm regards.

Nicole
    eDreams - Customer Care team.

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Aug 27, 2015

Dear Reviewer56406,

Unfortunately, due to some web site error we were not able to sent you a private message and due to this, we would invite you to contact us making a click over the picture of ours and to provide us the following information: booking code, e-mail address used at time of booking on-line or the full number of the charged card and the date of a charge, so that we would be able to locate your reservation and to look into your particular case.

We look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Nicole
    eDreams - Customer Care team.

Jo

Comments

• Re
      May 14, 2009

I booked a flight with them last year and like other complaints I have read they stated there was a problem regarding booking which took several emails and emailing my bank details to rectify. There was also a no confirmation sent which they claimed they had and had not. Thankfully I was able to board my flight without a problem but it had caused some anxiety in wherever I would be boarding at all.

ANNND then this year I received a letter from a rather, aggressive, Spanish debt agency claiming on behalf of eDreams saying I owed them a massive amount of money?!! No explanation simply a demand and bank account number. This took longer than a month to rectify as no one would answer my emails at edreams whilst receiving another 4 letters from the debt collectors and then a second one. You know how life is.. busy, work and then arsing around trying to resolve this before you go into work for the whole day. They eventually emailed me to say yes it was a mistake. Thanks. Stay away extremely unprofessional if we behaved how these do in our jobs we would surely be unemployed.

• Mu
      Nov 11, 2009

I have even more interesting story for this company which is using "the latest data encryption techniques to ensure that your purchases will be absolutely secure".

I was in the process of switching to another bank as was offered a better package. Got regular visa card with them. Moved some of my funds onto it.

The card was brand new I did not even use it in any physical shop in Denmark. Found some good deal on edreams and recomended by friends advice purchased the ticket. Copenhagen-NY. It went through all right, no requests for additional info, or pass check etc.

Card was put aside for some time and this very single time used on edreams.com. It was laying home basically.

Few weeks after I get debit on my statement, one for edreams flight purchase the exact amount of booking and one more for amount similar to edreams purchase with difference of few euros.

The company charging me strangely enough is also originating from Spain and i get the bill for some hostel payment in Barcelona.

I dont know how to explain this, since my visa is brand new, I didnt go to barcelona and it was laying at home in Copenhagen all the time, so i didnt even use outside, so somebody can misuse it. The only purchase was done though internet and on edreams.com

Luckily enough My bank covered the amount for me and it was obvious credit card misuse, but i am very doubtfull about edreams so called the latest data encryption techniques to ensure that your purchases will be absolutely secure.

• Va
      Nov 26, 2009

Unfortunately I became a part of the Edream scam. I tried booking a flight via their website and the booking failed. But guess what, they still charged me 1200 pounds!!! I tried contacting them and I all got was a rude reply and they hanged up on me. I have the conversation recorded and I am exploring ways of taking legal action against them. Unlike most of the people who threaten to sue them, I can actually do it. At the moment I am waiting to see if the money will be refunded in the next 5 days (already been a week) and in the meanwhile I am researching the company. Please leave a message on this forum if you would like to join me for a class action lawsuit against them.

• Vl
      Jan 20, 2010

I tried to book a flight with them, 20-30 mins later the booking was declined due to no seat or whatever, that same day they still charge me 25 euro. I contacted my bank to file a acomplaint and now need to wait for Edreams response.
    I will never use Edreams again and will endevour to let everyone I know not to book through them.

In fact, here comes a new facebook group ;-)

• Ll
      Sep 02, 2010

This is suspicious for me too. I use a lot of credit cards in my company and by bad experiences I now know how to smell fishy activities.
    I have this card which I use only for "safe" company expenses, for more risky purchases I have other cards which in fact end up being hit by fraud about once a year so they get replaced, this card has been clean for more than 5-years. All of the charges in this card are for recurrent charges from merchants known by me for years. For several reasons I used this card on Edreams yesterday and when booking the flight I got several errors and then I finally got a reservation number and a message stating that my charge would follow through later on. This morning I got to the office and got a call from my bank stating that there had been an attempted fraudulent charge from a non-profit organization "Ayala" or something that sounds like that and that my card needed to be canceled and issued a new one.

By reading other complaints it is clear to me that either this company is involved in a scam or they have a security leak and the credit card numbers are filtering to scammers.

• Be
      Nov 17, 2010

DO NOT use edreams, they are fraudulant!!! We have just been scamed £665. We purchased 2 flights on line through edreams and a message came up saying that the flights have not been confirmed as the card details were not accepted, but we were given a reservation number. The message then said to make a bank transfer for the flights and we were given the details. However we decided to check our bank account before transferring more money and the money had been taken out. We emailed edreams many times and have not heard back from them. We have also tried to call all of edreams contact numbers and have not been able to get through.

• Ga
      Jan 04, 2011

DO NOT USE eDreams!!! Despite stating on their Web Site that they have "The Highest Customer Service Satisfaction Rating in the Industry" a quick look here shows what a complete lie that is. They fraudulently charge for non-existant flights and then attempt to defraud you further when you try to rectify the situation with their £1.50 per minute premium rate customer services number.

If you are making a complaint against this company you may be interested to know the following;

(1) That if they charge you for anything and you do not receive a booking confirmation eDreams are in breach of their own "GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR RESERVATION AND PURCHASE ON LINE" (available here http://www.edreams.co.uk/images/shared/pdf/UK/flight_conditions.pdf) which states "No debit will be made from your card until your reservation is confirmed."

(2) Their UK Premium Rate Customer Service number is the only telephone number advertised on the eDreams UK web site. This is in breach of the Service providers Code of Practice for use of Premium rate servicesw hich states: "3.3.5 Service providers must ensure that there are in place customer service arrangements which must include a non-premium rate UK customer service phone number and an effective mechanism for the consideration of claims for refunds and their payment where justified. " - Customers wishing to complain about the premium rate charges should contact the UK regulator http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/Make-a-complaint.aspx

• Xi
      Feb 24, 2011

I just encountered the fraud of them. Edreams requested the fax of my passport and the credit card. This is a Mafia. We should together do something. We should post such scandals not here but on facebook and twitter. Facebook and twitter can topple the Tunisian and Egyption government, much less to say an Edreams.

• Sh
      Mar 25, 2011

I had booked a ticket with edreams and they said that the booking had not progressed because of my bank. They said i will have to wait for another email from edreams confirming the booking. I wated for a day and called my bank ICICI and they told me that the transaction was declined by edreams and I need to re-book my ticket. I went ahead and rebooked my tickets. After 2 days I get an email saying my booking is confirmed and now they say my ticket is non-refundable and hence cannot be refunded.

• Sh
      Mar 26, 2011

Today again I got a sms saying that edreams charged Rs 1000/- to my credit card...I do not know for what? How come they are misusing my credit card?

• Co
      Apr 06, 2011

Yesterday I have made a reservation with eDream and got the same message "Your payment is pending' I would recieve an e-mail with the definitive resrevation but got no reaction. My imidiate reaction was to look them up up on the internet under bad service and finally got to this site. I have to make a new reservation asap with another company. How is it possible that such a lousy company is allowed to carry on as if nothing has happened? Does anyone know where I can make an official complaint?

Thanks,

Tom

• Ed
      May 11, 2011

Please don't use edreams to book a hotel - I booked online 2 rooms for 2adults and 2 children each room and they have booked all 8 of us into 1 room! And they won't refund me! I have to pay extra to book another room - what a rip off!!!

• Nz
      May 23, 2011

on friaday a booke my ticket to travel london to lisbon with departure date on 02/08/2011 and return data on 18/08/2011. and i receive the confirmation with a wrong departure date for 02/07/2011. i would like ask you to change my departure date to 02/08/2011 because i can't travel on the data that you give to me i have children on school and they finish school just on 23/07. please change my date to 02/08/2011 as soon as possible.

• Ca
      Jul 20, 2011

After reading all of these complaints I feel very distressed not knowing if my money will be refunded. I'm not exactly flushed and this company have completely spoiled my friends holiday plans as I booked it on their behalf. I would really like to get some legal advice but have read reams of stuff on the internet and have come to the conclusion that we don't have any rights. I'm devastated that I won't see my friend and they are incredibly disappointed as they were meant to fly here on Monday the 25th. E Dreams have been so unhelpful I just wish there was a way I could prevent them from spoiling other peoples holidays and make others aware of their unprofessionalism. I'm gutted, can anyone help me please !!!

• Pa
      Jul 27, 2011

It is July 28, 2011 and I am in Stockholm. I too got an email from Monica Tothova, eDreams Flight Dept asking for credit card copy (front and back) and my ID.

I am so glad I found this site with Complaints about eDreams. I have called back to Singapore to cancel my credit card (no charges booked yet) and will not use eDreams again.

I

• Um
      Dec 15, 2011

Dear sir/madem
    My name is Muna Hawisa
    my email: [protected]@yahoo.com

I booked a flight for my husband from Tunis to Tripoli on the date of the 14th Jan 2012 using the eDreams t website, they confermed my booking and they sent me an email for confermation" Flight Confirmation# 5HL3G6".
    the next day they sent me a cancelation email as shown below.
    unfortunately iI found out they have ran my debit card twice up til now. I did send an email to them today urging them to return the money to my acoount., but no response.
    Please advise for action.

" Cancelation email"

Flight Confirmation# 5HL3G6
    From: Elena Atanasova
    Dear customer,
    You are receiving this e-mail is to inform you that your reservation has been cancelled without charge as the airlines booked do not have commercial ties and consequently the ticket can not be issued.
    For any question, please contact us:
    - United Kingdom: [protected]
    - United States: [protected]
    - Canada: [protected] (English)
    - Australia: [protected]

Message body

Booking Confirmation
    Status of your booking

Confirmed booking
    Confirmation numbers for your booking are:
    Flight: 5HL3G6
    The ticket for this reservation will be issued in electronic format (e-ticket). The e-ticket confirmation will be sent in a separate email to the address indicated below. You will not receive any paper ticket.
    text

Next steps

Your reservation is confirmed. You will see the details and flight itinerary below.
    From the 1 June 2008, IATA (International Association of Air Transport) has eliminated paper tickets now that the majority of airline tickets issued are electronic tickets. The Airlines you have chosen to book with, for reasons beyond eDreams control, still do not issue electronic tickets and the process to issue tickets will be the following:
    You will receive a second email titled VMPD/VMCO which you should print, take to the airport and present to the Sales Desk of the Airline on the day you are due to fly. There it will be exchanged for a paper ticket valid for checking in for the purchased flight. We recommend that you go to the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departure to allow sufficient time.

Please remember that you must have with you a valid National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport acceptable for domestic flights. For international flights you must have a valid passport and meet all requirements demanded by the countries to which you are flying or transiting through.

Your booking
    Travel Itinerary
    Date Airport Airline Operated by

Departure
    Duration:
    1 hour 15 minutes Departure
    19:15 Sat, 7 Jan Tunis - Carthage (TUN)
    Terminal M Libyan Airlines Libyan Airlines
    Arrival
    21:30 Sat, 7 Jan Tripoli - Tripoli Intl. (TIP) Aircraft type - 320 Class - Economy

Passengers
    Passengers Type Identity Document
    Jamal Sheita Adult Passport 054349

Payment
    Customer details Price and payment method
    We will send your ticket to the following e-mail address: [protected]@yahoo.com
    Full Name:
    Jamal Sheita
    Phone number(s):
    [protected]
    [protected]
    e-Mail:
    [protected]@yahoo.com The total cost of your reservation is: £ 90.38
    Conditions related to the prices of these flights
    The total price to be paid already includes deductions of £ 4.27 in respect of applicable promotions for this reservation.
    The details of the amounts charged to your card are shown below :
    -eDreams : £ 90.38

Information of interest
    Check-in Online

eDreams makes your flight check-in easy.
    Get informed here to know how and when to check-in for your flight and to print your boarding pass. At the airport, you will only have to go to the boarding gate.

Notes and Advice

Your travel documentation
    • Passengers must have a national identification card or passport for domestic flights and a passport for international flights. Some airlines reserve the right to request the bank card used to pay for the ticket. We recommend arriving at the airport check-in desk at least two hours before your flight departs.
    • Carefully read the details of your reservation, and if you see any incorrect information, immediately send us an e-mail at modification.[protected]@edreams.com or contact us by phone at [protected] (£1, 53/min. VAT incl. plus network extras - Mon-Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., Sat: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Sun: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - GMT) clearly stating that you made an incorrect reservation on the Internet and indicating your reservation number. We will look into the change or cancellation conditions of your reservation and if they permit it, we will look for the best solution to your problem. Remember that many prices have restrictions that do not allow any changes or cancellations and in many cases nothing can be done. Service fees will not be reimbursed.
    • If all the information is correct, it is not necessary for you to contact us.
    • Note: The administrative authorities will inform you of the formalities necessary to travel (passport, visa, and vaccines). It is your responsibility to comply with these formalities. You will not be entitled to any form of reimbursement if you are denied boarding by not presenting the documents required (passport, visa, and vaccines certificate).
    • Note: eDreams reserves the right to refuse to issue tickets or to require additional documents under the terms of its own security policy.
    Other information
    Note: We cannot guarantee the price indicated on this page before your tickets are issued. The tickets will be issued when we have processed your credit card transaction.
    Important for payments with a debit card: If you paid your booking with a debit card, you may receive a temporary extra charge in your card. The first one is the effective charge of your ticket total amount and the second one is a temporary charge of the same amount. This second charge will automatically disappear from your account between one week and a month. This often occurs for transactions with travel agencies Spanish banks, card suppliers and IATA.

Changes and cancelations

Airline Tickets Restrictions:
    For Changes and cancellations Please call our customer support desk at [protected]
    (International Free call: Lines are open Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Saturdays from 9.30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. - CET). Please have available your booking reference. If the conditions of the airline allow changes we will find the best option for you. Keep in mind some restricted fares do not allow changes nor cancellations.

Complete your journey
    Book your hotel in Tripoli and take advantage of our incredible prices!

• Mi
      Jan 02, 2012

Will NEVER use EDreams again. Booked flights to Dublin from Geneva (return) and paid in full online with 1 bag to check in. On return the airline told us that Edreams had not booked our luggage to be brought back and we were charged 75 euros to bring our case back. Edreams had sent us a breakdown of costs, telling us that 323.87 euros was the total cost of our return flight with Flybe but Flybe told us that in fact Edreams only paid them 235.24 euros (without a checked in bag). We have tried to contact Edreams, with emails and calls but no luck. WHAT A DISGUSTING COMPANY. Crooks. Should not be allowed to trade. I will be contacting WatchDog and suggest that anyone else who has had troubles (we amount to a lot of people) do the same and see this company closed down. They should not be allowed to steal from us like this. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/ to report your story to WatchDog. It is quick and easy.
    GRRRR.

Sep 03, 2012

I booked a flight to Athens last Thursday and received an immediate response and a confirmation number. Today MOnday - i then checked my bank account to see only a commission to edreams had been taken. I then check my e-mails to find that the price had gone up £120. Calling e-dreams they tell you booking is not confirmed until you receive the second e-mail. What a con!!! And to make it worse the flight is now no longer available. WHATEVER YOU DO - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am still waiting for the commission they are quick to take to be refunded to me.

• Pk
      Sep 27, 2012

I.have been ripped off by these edreams. I book ticket 26/9/2012 from Kuala Lumpur to Adelaide AUS531.61.I never recived confirmation. I asked for refund and never had it.It's been now 3 days.I have been trying to solve this situatio without success. They took my money from my credit card, but they said pending of payment.

Oct 04, 2012

I also booked a flight with this shonky company from Sydney to Bangkok. Amonth after I was notified by the hospital that I had to be admitted for an operation I had been waiting on but had no idea when it was going to happen. I booked in June and was notified in July that I needed to go in Oct this was three days after I was supposed to fly. Contacted E Dreams (Nightmare) They first told me that I had to have a letter from my Doctor confirming that this operation was important and gave the dates and everything They keep making excuses on why they cant refund or postpone my flight booking because the airline said so. I got onto the airline who informed me that if I am unsuccessful with this shonky operator they will put the flight booking on hold or credit me the fare but I must seek from the shonky business first to see what they are going to do. I have quite a serious heart problem that hopefully this operation will rectify. Advice do not book with E dreams they know nothing about customer service They are a very shonkey operation operating out of probably a tax free location in europe.

Mar 13, 2013

Please stay away from edremams!! This is scaming compony which stealing money from people. I've bought the flight for 960$ via their web page and immediately after charging my account for this amount of money they started to send me an emails to send them my passport and card details by scan. Than they sais that there were problems with the payments and that the card didnt gon through!!!
    So I havent receive my ticket, they took almost 1000$ from my account and its been almost more than 2 weeks and They didnt refund me my money!!!
    Stay away from them!!! This is bunch of thieves!!!

• Ge
      Apr 18, 2013

I booked a flight plus hotel through edreams and was billed through my credit card accordingly by edreams, problem was i was also i was also billed by a company called travel reserve for the same hotel reservation transaction, easyjet also billed me for the same flight transaction meaning i had been doubled billed for both flight and hotel. I have contacted edreams on several occasions without receiving any help with them only stating that they have billed me correctly, i have had to contact esayjet and travel reserve to get then to pay me back, this means that two companies that i had not dealt with direct ended up having my bank card details to remove money from my account without my knowledge, this has ended up with me having several bank charges and now having spent over £20 in phone calls alone, can someone please advise me best way to be able to make a offical complaint and a claim for compensation, I have tried to send details through emails only to be told to go through another site, can someone advise what is the offical complaints address I should make my coplaint to

Sep 07, 2014

These people have landlines yet they claim not to have offices. I do not buy that. As long as you are on earth and not in the sky they will find you. There are too many of us who have been through this stressful ordeal with these people. they went too far to an extent that they robbed innocent people who had to go and fetch their children in west africa.Nw we have to see were they will end up. The People answering the phones are not south african and their english is not good either. The whole world has to stand together in banning this company from all communicatIon channels. Their aim shud be to maximise profits by delivering excellent service not ripping off innocent pe

Sep 07, 2014

I feel that the tnet is not enaf. we need a worldwide billboard and net coverage As well as news reviews to ensure that such agencies are banned and responsible parties are dealt with.
    I am sorry for all those who have lost their money at the expense of these shrewd scavengers but we nid to stand together so that we can help other innocent people. why thIs scam company still exists is Beyond me and it makes one wonder why legal authorities Do not shut it down permaneNtlY.

• Ka
      Jan 16, 2015

It was quite problematic to deal with this agency - basic impression is that their customer service is not prepared, the information is leaking somewhere. I will travel with a dog so I registered it. They sent me an email asking some parameters, I answered immediately. Then received another email that I should contact them urgently - the free number does not work at all, so I had to make several international calls, for a total of 15 EUR... they did not know, what the problem was, they were asking about the dog again, then again I had to call them - I could never find out what the problem was that I had to pay phone charges for. Finally they said there was no problem and sent me the e-ticket number. I will think twice next time before deal with them.

• Do
      Jul 22, 2015

I booked 5 tickets for 5035 Euro through Edreams and got the confirmation email stating that the booking was confirmed but not yet paid and that payment was in progress.
    It also said 'we will contact you at this email address should there be a problem with payment and will offer instructions on an alternative way to get your tickets'
    Two days later no email... no nothing, no e tickets either...so i call them up.
    They tell me that the cc payment was declined and that they had emailed me to notify me, I had received nothing, no such notification, so i ask them to take the payment then and there. Oh sorry Sir they say, the prices have now gone up to 7091Euro as you are now booking late.
    But I already have a booking! I say. You cannot confirm a booking and then charge me more because you failed to communicate as you said you would in the confirmation email.
    So i told them that I will book with some one else and did so with Virgin directly, but it cost 4905 GBP! Now i am pursuing edreams for the 2000 Euro I lost out on because of their terrible service. I would like at least to get some form of compensation.
    I am writing to Trading Standards regarding this and will be happy to file a class action lawsuit against them with anyone else who wishes to do so.
    I agree we have to stand up against such a shoddy and shady operation!

Aug 24, 2015

Won't engage in conversation about issue of tickets, payment department keep putting phone down on us. State our account doesn't exist even though they have taken payment out of our account.

Oct 19, 2015

I did not sign up for either withdrawal and make sure you issue me a refund to my bank account. This is serious business and a scam. please call me asap to get my refund and explain more in detail.

Nov 04, 2015

I have tried to book the flight in the link provided by e-dreams and, after submitting all my personal details I have been told the voucher code cannot be recognised. I have tried three times to no avail

• Ae
      Aug 23, 2016

After I purchased plane tickets thru eDreams website, I keep checking my booking status (everyday) on each airline, I fly with. I want to check status. I want to book a seat. I want to check meals before flying days. Just forget about it. I cannot even get a ticket. After nothing confirm on airlines website status, I gave up.

I called Airlines and they said there are no tickets or booking I bought thru eDreams at all. YES IT IS SCAM. PLEASE DO AVOID AT ALL COST AND LET OTHER PEOPLE KNOW.

Mar 23, 2019

I was trying to book with JetCost's "Cheap Flights to Cebu" when E-Dreams suddenly appeared to the screen and got booked through eDreams last Feb 9, 2019 for Manila/Cebu/Manila. My trip is scheduled for Aug. 25-31, 2019. Booking ahead was always a good deal not until this one. I am a 72 yr.s old Senior Citizen of the Philippines I didn't notice that the currency stated was in R1, 475.45. I thought R stands for round trip amount which was really cheap. I usually travel to the same route at not more Php2, 500.00. I was charged by my credit card a sum of Php5, 765.86 which I guess is the conversion of R1, 475.45. This is not cheap as advertised. I wonder if i can cancel and get the refund. Reading some comments ahead of me is most likely to be the same issue.