eDreamsflight reservation disaster

I found eDreams through a travel search site and they had the lowest airfare, so I made my reservation. After submitting my payment I thought I would be done, like on Expedia or Travelocity. Nope - my email confirmation said that my flight was PENDING. I wasn't sure what that meant. On the website, when I looked at My Trips, it also said pending, but "don't worry - we'll confirm within the day." There was no phone number on the site that I could find, so I googled the number. The one that came up was a nonworking number. I tried to put in a customer service inquiry, but after typing this up, nothing happened when I hit the submit button. I tried this on 3 different browsers. I had put the initial reservation in around noon. Well, at 6AM the next day, I got an email that said "We are sorry to inform you that we have experienced problems with the operating airline’s server. We cannot confirm your flight. Please try to make a new booking on our website again." So, I thought that I would just have to start all over (of course I was not planning on trying again with eDreams). Then I got another email from them saying my credit card was declined. I'm not sure why they were trying to charge my card AFTER they cancelled my flight. I then got a fraud alert from my credit card company because the flight charge had been put through twice, and they locked my card. So, when I called the credit card company to explain (I wanted them to know that the card was not lost or stolen but that I did not want these charges to go through) they told me that there was a $13.63 service fee from eDreams as well that did go through. When I looked at my credit card account online, the charge was listed as "Airfare svc fee-eDreams FL [protected]". When I called THAT number, they told me that they were affiliated with Southwest Airlines, were in no way affiliated with eDreams, and had nothing to do with the charge on my account. They gave me the number [protected] for eDreams. I called THAT number and it was answered by eDreams. I put in the menu prompts, and am now on hold (no music or anything now, just dead air but still on the line) for over 40 minutes now. This is completely ridiculous. I disputed my credit card charge, rebooked my flight on Expedia, wrote this review (and a few others) all while on hold for this call. Totally worth the 10 extra dollars for Expedia. AVOID eDREAMS!!!

Jo
Jan 13, 2017

Comments

• Th
      Jan 16, 2017

We had a problem, too.
    Received a charge for the service fee to eDreams and a charge for our flights paid directly to United Airlines. A few minutes later, were emailed an eDreams confirmation of our reservation for flights with United with all parties names incorrectly spelled. After reading the fine print, it revealed the tickets were "not confirmed"! Following day, eDreams informs that their charge was denied. Checked with bank. A third charge made by eDreams was attempted to themselves (eDreams) in the same amount paid for the flights to United Airlines ($2, 658.35). The bank declined this repeated charge as a potential fraud.

After advising eDreams of the duplication, rather than investigate their in-house accounting, eDreams simply canceled our flights with United for non-payment. United confirmed the booking reservation was canceled. Additionally, United informed that they are never paid directly by the on-line agent's customer, the customer pays eDreams then, eDreams pays airline. However, United has no record our payment in their reservation department.

After countless phone calls to eDreams to resolve the matter and their unmet promises to be contacted by a manager at eDreams, we have recruited our bank to assist and United Airlines to investigate eDreams misappropriation of our funds. Due to this theft and the manner in which it was conducted, we feel we must file a compliant with consumer protection agency against eDreams.