eDreams / flight booking scam. edreams booking reference number: [protected]

Barcelona, Spain

EDreams booking reference number: [protected]
I made a booking through edreams on Monday 28th November 2016 to travel from Windhoek to Miami (return ticket with KLM). The price offered was 2 104.69 GBP
I made the bank transfer on next day, Tuesday 29th November 2016, in the above amount and at that day exchange rate.
I was informed after one week, that my booking reservation is still pending and that it will take from 7 to 10 more working days (1 to 2 more weeks) to get the reservation with the airline confirmed. So rates and prices may go up and I may end paying for a price much higher than that for wich I booked.
Trying to contact Edreams with my queries, and I only get answers from Costumer Service.
Through International calls the automatic replier puts me on hold and don't get attended...and still is costing me more money.
The email to [protected]@edreams.com
In the mean time I check every day the prices from different agencies and they have changed very little. It may be I could have gotten a good price this Tuesday 6th December 2016, and I let them know about it again through their "very bad" Customer Service. No response.
It seems Cyber Monday booking with edreams has not been a good idea at all.
Herewith the latest answer I got from edreams Costumer Service:
Dear,

Thank you for contacting eDreams.

Your eDreams booking reference : [protected]

We can advise that we have received payment of 2089.69 GBP via bank transfer and your booking is pending. It will take 7-10 working days to confirm your booking. Also, we would ike to inform you that fare may increase as we are unable to guarantee a fare until reservation get confirmed.

Should you require any further information please contact our Service centre on :

- United Kingdom: [protected] If you are abroad please call +34 [protected]. - United States: +[protected] (available 24/7 customer service) - Canada (English): [protected] - Australia: [protected] - New Zealand: [protected] - United Arabian Emirates: [protected] - Rest of the world: [protected] 00

Once again, thank you for contacting eDream
---------------------------------------------
Very kind, but the money is still on their side.
No further comunication.

• Updated by mobregon60, Dec 06, 2016

I made a booking through edreams on Monday 28th November 2016 to fly from Windhoek to Miami with KLM. The price offered for the three tickets was 2 104.69 GBP.

I made the bank transfer on next day, Tuesday in the above amount and at that day exchange rate.

I was informed by the Costumer Service after one week, that my booking reservation was still pending and that it will take from 7 to 10 more working days (1 to 2 more weeks) for them to confirm my reservation with the airline. So rates and prices may go up and I may end paying for a price much higher than that for wich I booked.

The email to [protected]@edreams.com is not going through. (unknown in the virtual network). Thinking, May be Edreams is a fake agency? Or Am I victim of a scam?

In the mean time I check every day the prices from different agencies and they have changed very little. It may be I could have gotten a good price today Tuesday.

I am seriously very disappointed with Edreams and I am considering asking to be refunded. No way to get an answer from them.

It seems Cyber Monday booking with edreams was not a good idea at all.

Still waiting for the reservation confirmation.

flight booking scam. edreams booking reference number: 2390956244
  • Updated by mobregon60, Dec 14, 2016

The treatment of Edreams is very unprofessional. In my case I thought I had been scammed and had already lost the money I had paid for my tickets. The communication with Edreams in Spain was never personalized. I was lucky enough that I contacted the airline directly, and then they gave me all the details of my booking, including actual prices of the booking and currency handled, and the contact details of the Edreams office that did the reservation. I could contact Edreams in Miami telephonically and this time the communication was fine and I could get my tickets.
    Never before I had troubles when buying a ticket online. Only now with Edreams. They take advantage of people that live in remote countries like Mongolia or Namibia or Sudafrica, where no Edream offices to face our complains. By e mail we were just ignored. It was a real nightmare.
    I was ready to demand Edreams with IATA