eDirectSoftware.com / Sales fraud

I purchased what I thought was a Windows XP/Pro upgrade to my Windows/XP SP2 OS from them. I received what appears to be a volume licensing CD:

June 2006
Systems
Student Media / Work At Home Media
All use subject to volume license agreement. Not for retail or OEM Distribution. Not for resale.

The company responded to my eChat (their equivalent of live support) and email queries with the following cut and paste text:

Microsoft has changed policies regarding volume license software, and now many individual users cannot receive updates. Due to the release of 2007 and Vista, Microsoft is invalidating many volume license versions owned by individual users. The products will still work, but you will not be able to receive updates. However, with the release of Vista, there will be very few or no future updates. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this.

eDirectSoftware

The company no longer sells Microsoft XP/Pro SP2 upgrades. They have not offered to refund my money.

More eDirectSoftware.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ed
      12th of Oct, 2007

I would like to track an item that I did not received per UPS. My address is 2536 naylor rd se washington dc 20020 apt 102. I did not received anything. Give me advice, what should I do ?