Edible Arrangements / Horrible customer service - they ruin surprises

1 Daytona Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386-446-6350

These people are ###s. I have never in my life had a delivery service call to tell me they are coming with a "surprise" for me...much less tell me I have to be available at THEIR convenience. My step-daughter in Hawaii was going to surprise me with a basket here in Florida for my birthday, and told them when she placed her order that no one would be home until after 4 p.m. It is at that point -- even via e-mail -- these irresponsible jerks should have told her they could not promise a delivery time. She would have then gone elsewhere and ordered something else.
What do they do insead? They call me and leave a msg on my home voicemail, which I just happened to check at lunch time. They tell me who they are and WHAT they are delivering to me, and that it's for my birthday (surprise!), AND who it is from. Then they tell me they can't deliver at 4 or after...oh, my, and this is fresh fruit...what to do..what to do.
What jerks. I will NEVER order anything from them, and I will NEVER recommend them to anyone.
They tried to blame the whole fiasco on my step-daughter. Great customer service. Edible Arguments might be eating their own words in this economy. They'll probably go belly up because people don't need to spend their hard earned cash on crappy service like this. The birthday gift became about hiding from my step-daughter what happened; otherwise she would have justifiably blown a gasket.

Pe

Comments

10th of Feb, 2009

Ummm... yeah, the delivery driver has to confirm that you are going to be at the destination they are going to. If you are not there that is a wasted trip for them and also you would have to pay for another delivery charge if you were not there so they actually did you a favor... people are so stupid... ( that would be you dummy)

• Th
      18th of Mar, 2009

What's wrong with calling to make sure you were going to be home for the delivery item? Cant satisfy people these days.

• Be
      20th of Apr, 2010

oh get a real problem! are you serious? they are delivering a perishable item ###! and oh yeah...its your birthday...was it really a surprise??? it's not like any old day of the week...it was your birthday...comes around every year...same day...No surprise! i really feel for your step-daughter...she has to please you...gag!!!