Edgewater Animal Clinic / Unprofessional

United States Review updated:
2.5

I implore anyone to think twice before going to this clinic. They have a very unprofessional staff as well as their vets. They are so busy the vets take no time with you or your animals. I was charged for things they did not do. As well my animal was misdiagnosed and given a treatment that almost killed him. He still may not make it. He went in with a infection, instead treated with too much fluid in turn he now has severe anemia. I am so mad. They take on too many patients which in turn lead to less than adequate treatment for your animal. If they took less people and stopped worrying about how many they can fit in in one day maybe my animal would of had better care. Stop worrying about the buck people, I thought they got into this field for their love of animals.
Ja

Comments

9th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I disagree with the above complaint. I worked for Edgewater Animal Hospital. You indicate that the "vets" took no time with you or your animal. There is only one vet and he allots 30 minutes for each client/patient. We NEVER overbook. The doctor's staff is always extremely professional, as he is incredibly anal and does not tolerate errors. I promise you that he performed everything for which he charged you. However, he most likely did "pad the bill" and the tests were probably unneccessary.

Too much fluid NEVER causes severe anemia -- to claim it does is ignorant. I can understand your need to blame someone when your loved one becomes ill. However, I can guarantee that the doctor did not cause or aggravate your pet's illness.

You are correct that he has no compassion or love of animals, or people for that matter and he is solely driven my money. He does become agitated and demeaning when you question his methods and that aggravation escalates when you request he does "only the necesseties" to save some money.

There are numerous reasons to seek other vets; however, competency is not one of them, as he is adequate and not more than that.
  26th of Feb, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have 4 dogs that all go to rdgewater animal clinic. I drive 1 1/2 hours to take them there because they are the best around. this person who is complaining probably cannot handle the fact that pets do not live forever. they are extremely qualified there and recently saved my dogs life after he was attacked by my pitbull. he is alive and doing very well all thanks to the vets there. he was being watched for 3 days straight while in severe shock. rest assured you will get the best care for your animals there.

andy of palm coast
  18th of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just want people to understand when reading this that Edgewater Animal Hospital, Dr. Bowen (male) is in Orlando and Animal Clinic of Edgewater, Dr. Castro (female) is in Edgewater. Neither staff additional veterinarians to my knowledge. People should really make sure they know what hospital they are leaving a review for before they do so. You can be anonymous, so be specific.
  22nd of Sep, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I completely agree. Dr. Kim Castro may love animals, but has no idea what she is doing. They overbook and you never get the appointment time you were scheduled for. I have been going to Dr. Kim Castro for over 6 years and thought she was the best. I have a dog that has what I was told by Dr. Castro to be dry skin. She needs baths twice a week minimum. She also had a scratch on her left eye from a cat I have that occurred during an episode of playing. I took her to Dr. Castro and she gave me eye drops and some cream to rub on her eyes and told me she would be fine in a few weeks and back to normal sight. She also had a few lumps and Dr. Castro told me they were just small cyst's. This time I felt like I needed a second opinion. I went to a different Vet called Well Pet Care Center in Deland and dealt with Dr. Buck where he informed me after many tests that her skin is in very bad condition and has a fugal disease and atomic dermatitis that needs to be treated for the rest of her life because it is not curable. Its been almost two full days and she is doing so much better as far as her skin. However, she is almost deaf in both ears because after time the skin causes build up and infections in the ear. I am happy to say that she is on treatments for that. I have also noticed that my dog has a hard time getting upstairs and I thought it was because she is small and just slips, but its because she is blind and has no pupil response in either eye. How can a vet not know these things. And to out the icing on the cake, the reason I brought my dog there in the first place. The lumps. They are in fact CANCER, and she is scheduled for surgery. I also thought I was helping my animals by taking them to the vet, but in fact I was only hurting them by bringing them to Dr. Castro. I am so blessed I took them to Dr. Buck. I don't know what will happen with my dog, but I know that I will never forgive the Animal Clinic of Edgewater for the issues that were misdiagnosed and overlooked, so she could move on to the next client. I would never recommend bringing your pet to this horrifying place that should be shut down.
Gu
  17th of Jul, 2017
@Animal Lover! Fungal disease and dermatitis can be treated holistically but the vet is right if you are going to a conventional allapathic vet, there is no cure. That is why you must find a real holistic vet as there are natural holistic cures that really work that the conventional vet will not tell you about because they are selling chemical meds which are toxic so temporarily stops the symptoms, but they will get worst if you do not find a real holistic vet to heal your entire dog then the fungus and dermatitis will heal, if you heal your dog's body as your dog is sick thru out the body. The soft cyst lumps are probably just cysts but many vets want to remove them before they get too large. Cysts are called cancer too, that is what vets have told me but malignant cancers can be treated holistically without any chemo. Fatty cysts are toxins the dog cannot get rid of, like the toxins in vaccines, flea tick heartworm pesticides, pesticides on the lawn, cleaning chemicals, fire retardant on carpets and furniture, etc, are all very toxic to pets. The toxins are stored as fatty cysts or lumps. Some can become malignant, others will remain a soft fatty cyst, some can grow too big so best to remove. You need to find a real holistic veterinarian. There are 3 holistic veterinarians in the Orlando area that are very helpful. You can also do some research search illness with words alternative holistic treatment and start reading and learning how to heal your pets. There are very few truthful vets, so many pet lovers are now learning to heal their own pets thru holistic natural research or visit a real holistic vet. Meanwhile stop the poison vaccines as your dog is way too sick to have any vaccines, which will make your dog sicker if you continue to vaccinate. Pets are living shorter and sicker lives due to over vaccination. Vaccines are sold by big pharma and the vets for great profits, as the toxic vaccines cause illness, allergies, itching, disease and cancer, all of which are very profitable. You need to learn about true holistic health for your pets. Only see a vet for emergencies, as the conventional vet is not trained in preventing or healing the whole body. Many many pet lovers are learning about true holistic natural health and inturn healthy pets and no need for allapathic all is profit vets. I did everything the conventional vets said and my dog was very sickly and died of cancer. Now my newly adopted dogs are very healthy, what a difference holistic natural health can do for your dog and save you lots on vet bills.
Co
  13th of Jan, 2012
we have been using Dr. Bowen for over 20 years and although I'm not fond of paying vet bills, it is a very nessasary evil if you are going to have pets. We have tried other Vets. and have found that this is the best bang for the buck in central fl. Dr. Bowen does care and will work with you better than most.He has nursed us through several pets over the years and though I am a hard sell he has sold me.
Do
  4th of Apr, 2016
I don't know about all the bets 41st Edgewater BUT.. The female vet with the red hair does NOT have a clue or just doesn't care! I just moved here and took my little service dog in because he has congestive heart failure for several years and had been panting and gasping to breath. He also had blood in his stools. She took xrays, blood work and all kinds of stuff then kept him for around 3 hours. She then sent him home still doing the same thing! and have me a big bill. He DIED AN HOUR AFTER WE GOT HOME still doing the same thing!!! I had to sit and watch my best friend suffering while gasping for air and then bleeding from his nose!!! I will NEVER forget it! She has to of known or SHOULD OF KNOWN he was in the process of dying and suggested putting him to sleep instead of sending him home to suffer! I'll NEVER take another animal there and I stopped payment on the check!! I hope they take me to court because I would love the chance to let a judge know the pain and suffering she allied both my little guy and I to go through!! Defend that!!!
Do
  4th of Apr, 2016
I can't say anything about the other vets 1st Edgewater but the female vet with the red hair is ABSOLUTELY the worst and most cold hearted person I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I took my pomi there because he had congestive heart failure for several years and was panting as well as having trouble breathing. He also had fresh red blood in his stools. I knew he had been living on borrowed time BUT she suggested a bunch of tests like xrays, bloodwork and kept him for around 3 hours. When so picked him up she said he was better but still panting. He didn't look any better to me but I'm not a vet so I wrote the check and headed home. HE DIED AN HOUR LATER still panting and gasping for breath!! She had to have KNOWN or SHOULD OF KNOWN he was dying and suggested putting him to sleep instead of making both of us suffer like that. I will NEVER forget him laying there gasping and then bleeding from his nose until he finally stopped!!! I called there and all they had to say was I'm sorry. SORRY??? I'll NEVER forget what I had to watch! I have sence stopped payment on the check until they reduse the charges also. I hope they take me to court because I would love to tell a judge what she put us through. He wasn't just my pet and Service dog but MY BEST FRIEND!!! No one will ever convince me to go there again!