Edgars / black friday cell phone sale

To whom it may concern This Friday, 27 November 2015, there will be a Black Friday sale at above mentioned stores. There are cell phones from R299 onwards. I went to all the stores in Paarl, western Cape, which is where I reside. All confirmed that they are all part of the participating stores but non of them have stock. How is it possible that it is advertised but there is no stock prior to the black Friday sale that is advertised all over with posters and banners in newspapers and in stores? All stores say that non of the close by stores in other citys have stock either? Why mislead the public into thinking they can get something at the stores when they never had stock in the first place? the reason I went in early was to avoid dissappointment on Friday because I knew that chances were that there would be limited stock available but I did not know that there would be NO stock available? Not even one of the stores had an out of stock poster or notification? how is it possible to advertise something that you never planned on selling? is it to get the consumers to buy a more expensive product because that was all that was available? it really is a shame. you claim to help people save, but all you really want to do is rob them of their money.

Re
Nov 24, 2015

Comments

• Hi
      Feb 06, 2011
    Edgars - Not allowed to update my new details
    Edgars

On the 6 April I visited the Edgars Sasolburg branch to change my ID number as the one that I had been using all the time indicated the wrong Date of Birth. With me I had my old ID book, my new ID book with the correct date of birth as well as the letter from the department of home affairs. The lady by the name of Nthabiseng was very helpful, she put the comments or remarks on the system and also said that she needed to phone the head office to find out what else she needed to do on her side. She first spoke to Thabo from the fraud dept who then referred her to the head office. She held on for 1 hr, I kid you not, she was so determined to keep me there until someone answered but there was just no answer. She gave me the numbers to call at my convenient time, so I did this on friday the 9th. I phoned the head office, got through within at least 5 minutes and I spoke to Samuel. He told me that he could not help me with anything because its almost time for him to go home. I must phone back on Monday to get the fax number where I need to fax the documents to. I am so disappointed, I have my account with Edgars since 2000 and I get such bad service!! Help me get my ID number changed!!

• Eu
      Nov 27, 2015

You will get a better response from hello peter trust me.

Anything that goes on that site withing a few hours they ( the company in question) will phone you.

• Mr
      Nov 27, 2015

i went to westwood mall at 9 am for your black friday sale they said they dont have the specials for R299- i must go to the bigger stores why dont Edgars specify in the advert saying selected store only i want to publish in the newspaper i am a customer for 30 years

Aug 18, 2016
    Edgars - The best of the worst service
    Edgars
    edgars.co.za

Generally if you want to have the BEST of the Worst service, make your way to Edgars, not all the staff, I admit, those I can count on 2 fingers, but, my experience on the 271009 with Beauty is enough to keep me away from that store forever.I bought 2 items that needed to be altered, never being to that section of any Edgars before, I was met by Beauty .When I asked if I was at the right place, she rudely told me the lady is not there, when I asked where she was, I again ever ruder, told me she didn't know, then said she was on lunch, when I asked if there was anyone else to help, she said no and she didn't know when the lady will be back, then she said 2:30pm.I was quite perturbed by her attitude and lack of assistance, so I asked her where her manager was, she pointed in mid-air and said I must go and find the manager.I ddin't do this, instead I walk around the store and shopped.I then came back at 2:30, and asked her if the lady was back, she told me yes, so I said thank you, she turned around and told me I must keep my thank you, she doesn't need it.She then refused to show me where the lady was, and told me I was rude.I told her I was going to report she her, she said can, she doesn't care...