Edenpure Heater / sent it back - they say 'too bad' - out $200

1 PA, United States Review updated:

We bought an EdenPURE heater(retail value $197.00) on 2/8/2007. This unit quit working and was returned and replaced in Dec 2008/Jan 2009. The replacement unit was used for three months over the winter of 2009. When we attempted to use it again at the beginning of winter 2010, it worked for roughly 3-4 days and then stopped. We called EdenPURE again and were told (again) to return it. We returned the unit in its original packaging with the original paperwork on October 30, 2010 via UPS. EdenPURE received the heater on November 2, 2010 (UPS Tracking #1ZX3746W0354115450).

I called EdenPURE to find out the status of the replacement/return on 12/7/2010. I spoke to a customer service rep. named Joy Miller. She said there were no notes from our phone call on 10/30/2010 and no record of the returned heater. I gave her the UPS tracking number and she put me on hold to speak to her supervisor. Her supervisor (Tracy Williams) said that since there were no notes on their system, and we sent the heater to them out of warranty, that they were under no obligation to return it to us. I asked to speak to Ms. Williams’ supervisor (Heather Morton) at 3:15pm. I was told that she was not available and that I would be getting a return call from another manager (Joanne) within the hour.

It is now 4:15pm and I have had no response from anyone at EdenPURE.

We purchased a heater for around $200 never knowing that it would only last 3 months. We should have never purchased it. And now we have paid $200 for absolutely nothing since they are keeping (and will not return) the heater that we rightfully bought and paid for.

Mo

Comments

• Tj
      9th of Dec, 2009
    Edenpure Heater - Doesn't heat.
    edenpure/biotech
    Naubinway
    Michigan
    Phone: 9064771044

my edenpure heater is broke down more than it works. now i am told that the vender that sold this boat anchor to the store which i purchased it from has gone out of business and will no longer honor the warrenty. i now have have to send it directly to the factory where i am sure i will get it back by spring.

• Ri
      4th of Jan, 2010
    Edenpure Heater - broke/junk
    Bethel
    Ohio

heater is a piece of [censored].. called edenpure, they basically told me, tuff [censored].. heater out of warrenty.. it hasn't been used that much, got better service out of a cheap 50 dollar heater.. would never recomend to anyone, unless they want to through money away.. there is no trouble shooting guide or anything.. guess it would make a nice end table, for a munchkin.. another piece of imported [censored] !!

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2011
    Edenpure Heater - Doesn't heat.
    Biotech Research
    1925 Archie Mobley Road
    Williamston
    North Carolina
    Phone: 2527924741
    cathyschumacher09@yahoo.com

This the second winter using my Eden Pure gen4 model heater. It has stopped producing any heat at all. This heater isn't cheap for me and my household. In fact, I didn't use my heater but part of the winter last year. I'm very disappointed. I did not save the packing material due to the lack of space in a single wide home. I'd appreciate some help. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

• La
      2nd of Jul, 2012

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly at 800-839-0966?