Edenpure / Bad heater

1 1318 CHARWOOD DRIVEBogalusa, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 985 732 3548

I purchased 3 EdenPure heaters. They were all very loud and all broke shortly after the warranty period. I tried to contact the company, but all i got was the run around. Do not buy this heater!!!

More Edenpure Complaints & Reviews

Comments

11th of Dec, 2008

I purchased two of the edenpure heaters as well. One of the units has been sent back twice for repairs and the other one once. The unit that I sent in twice is no longer working. I came home from work one day to find the front panel was partially melted from the unit over heating. I am just happy that it didn't burn down my house. I tried to contact the company but just got the run around. I think the eden pure heaters are poorly made products and they need to have a recall of them before one does burn down someones home. They are a horrible company to have to deal with.

• Wa
      27th of Jan, 2009

I thought they were suppose to save money, my electric bill went from 83 to 200 in two months. They are not a cheap heating system. I am putting mine in moth balls. It is cheaper to pay the extra propane then my bill keep going up.

• Cr
      29th of Dec, 2009

purchased one for my basment. brochure says 1.5 kw per hour. I added it up to roughly 3.00 per day if it ran all the time. I was hoping that since unit was in basement that the heat downstairs would help upstairs. My light bill was exactly 99.00 higher because of this unit. The company has a pretty good set up 30 day money back guarantee. It take about 40 days to get your first light bill. I can heat cheaper with a propane heater. This is a X@*@X@ piece of a equipment.

• Ri
      4th of Jan, 2010

also have this expensive junk heaters. its 2 years old. and i have a wood insert, which i only use the heater on really cold mornings, to warm things up till the insert gets cooking. this high quality piece of crap, doesn't work, sometimes it comes on and heats, only after unplugging it, or reseting it, sometimes it doesn't work at all. haven't seen any trouble shooting ideas, or anything like that.. i notified the company, and since warrenty has expired.. basically tough [censored]. would of been better off to buy a cheapie $50.00 heater.. i guess this is another fine peice of imported [censored] !! so beware, if youre thinking of buying one of these high quality pieces od [censored] !!!

• Sl
      22nd of Jan, 2010

Dont buy EdenPure heaters, i worked there, they always break down, we get as many returns as we send out. and they are a bunch of ###s. i cant believe how they talk to us employees, and how they treat costomers on the phone. the real criminals here are the company and its managers, we get talked to like dawgs, i just quit. i have a sun twin and a 500 and they cant heat ###. i see my dad stand directly in front of it cause hes cold, your better off with a heating pad. just find another heater thats cheaper. if u send for parts ull likely be waiting a long time to get it. the comoany is poorly run and everyone is there to get ahead of everyone, thank you for your time everyone

• Wi
      19th of Feb, 2010

Bought the Eden Pure Signature moded A3713 120 V 60 HZ 15oo W it was recommended to us. We bought the unit 1/8/10 it quit working 2/18/10 looks like the motor burned up it really smelled like an electrical fire was getting ready to happen. Could not return to the place of purchase due to being over 30 days. Contacted the company they said need to send to them for repair. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I will NEVER purchase anything this company has to offer.

• Bo
      24th of Oct, 2010

Bought one in 07, lasted a year, sent it back, used it one year, went bad. It did work in 09 but here in 2010, it is acting up.
    Edenpures are junk that look nice. I spent $400 on a piece of junk that doesn't last, meanwhile my little $30 heater is 10 years old plus.

• Kr
      29th of Oct, 2010

Wow, I WAS thinking about one for a room for a handicapped person. I am now rethinking the idea completely. THANKS to ALL.

2nd of Dec, 2010

I bought mine in October of '08 and in the following January, it died. Sent it back in original box with a preauthorization at company expense; got the replacement and it lasted the remainder of cold weather.
    In September I turned it on and only the blower worked, no heat. I had to pay for a return box $$, but shipped
    back free. There is an exchange form that supposedly shipped with unit and I failed to keep track of it and did not use it. Bad move, they did not have record of their receiving the unit back. I had to provide UPS tracking number
    of which they verified. I was sent an exchange within a week. This unit makes noises the other units did not.
    When the warranty runs out it may make a nice end table...Will not buy another one. I wish I had bought a couple portable radiators instead.

• Do
      8th of Dec, 2010

I too purchase a heater . The heater has a 3 year warranty.
    My heater's motor burned out in
    two years. The heater was only used Dec to March, once a year. So I only used it for 8 months in a 3 year period. The 3rd year it did not come on. They sent me a new heater in
    Dec 09. The heater worked only 4 months .
    When I contacted them, they told me the warranty ran out . They told me I would have
    to fix it my self or buy another one. I told them
    that was not fair to replace my heater with a
    defective unit and not stand behind their product. Their reply was I should take it to
    a True Value dealer. They were helping me by telling me where i could get it fixed. ost help That's the best they could do ! I paid 400 dollars
    for nothing . They kept saying I got my money worth! THEY SUCK!

• Co
      18th of Dec, 2010

I have a new Gen 4 heater, 1 week old. Power went out to house and now heater no longer produces heat. Called customer service (only live voice I heard), was transferred to "hold", total over half hour where I was told how important my call was and given option to leave my number for them to call me back. Finally gave in and left my phone number for them to call back. After almost 4 hours no call back, now they're closed. Maybe they'll call Monday? I won't hold my breath. I think I wasted $395.

Earlier made two email inquiries prior to receiving the heater as to shipping of new unit, neither were ever answered or acknowledged. Unit did finally arrive. I guess this was a portend of what to expect from their customer service.

• Co
      31st of Dec, 2010

I too have their product GEN4. Problems since opening the package! Unit will not stay on! Customer Service said Warranty was not good because I received unit as a gift and I didn't know the purchasers information. Unit was made 09/10 as per label on back and my booklet says I have a 5 year warranty, but was told that I can not have the warranty and they can not do anything for me because of NOT ENOUGHT INFORMATION. Please don't waste you money on making these guys rich.

• On
      11th of Feb, 2011

This product and company needs to have a little light shined on it. Try to get some tv time. Also it wouldn't hurt to start sending e-mails to newspapers across the country so that your experiences will end up on the editorial page. One person can make a difference. Imagine what could be accomplished with several people.
    I have been convinced to spend my money else where. Here is the first $300.00 Eden Pure (?) won't be entering in their profit column. Thanks to all who contributed !!!
    Once Burned Twice Shy

15th of Feb, 2011

my husband bought 4 heaters to save on our electric bill instead our bill went alot higher than last year they are no good I would not recommend them to anyone a waste of money always a gimmick to get you to buy it do not buy them.

Mrs pruitt

29th of Jun, 2011

If the LP gas man dont get you, the power company will, you cant win. I got the heaters, thought they were great till i got my power bill. i cussed out the power company, now i dont think i should have.

• Ti
      31st of Oct, 2011

and so are the days of our lives

5th of Nov, 2011

Do NOT buy these heater (or their clones)...Quartz heaters just are not suitable for household heating, unless you're in a 80 sq/foot sealed room!! Also, , guess what your insurance adjuster will tell you if you find yourself sifting through a rubble pile because of these contraptions??

11th of Mar, 2012

I bought Eden Pure in the past and I was happy with them although I had to get one replaced but the last one I bought which was the GEN 4 is pure junk that I am exchanging for the 3 rd time and then when the 1 yr warranty is up I'm stuck with it and they will not let me exchange it for ether for an older model which they have on hand or a newer model which they claim they don't have but they really do and I was willing to pay extra, but no deal, so now when it quits I will be stuck

• Ba
      23rd of Mar, 2012

EdenPure heaters are nothing but a big waste of money. They are "ok" if you aren't relying on them for everyday heat. Our first one got sent back quite a few times before they told us that there was a "reset", first of all why would a brand new heater need to be reset in the first place and second of all why would you need to reset it period (unless there was a power bump or it's an older heater)? I get much better results from a heater that I bought from Walmart. We ended up with a Gen 4 from my parents and we put that one in our living room and we used it for the winter with OK results but once I turned it down because we had a warm day, it hasn't worked since... *sigh* I just tried calling the customer service and after being on hold for about 5 minutes there was a message that came on for me to leave my name and number, whatever. I find it ironic that there is a message on their customer service page "Success follows when people come first!"... yeah, right...

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2012
    Edenpure.com - Bad service
    Edenpure.com

I bought EdenPure heater, but it is not working properly and melted my surge protector. I called their customer service and provided them with copy of receipt. But anyway they refused to give me a refund.