Eddie Bauer / Winter jacket

1 Ann Arbor, MI, United States

I received the jacket I ordered on sale via Bauer website and found a restaurant receipt from a town in Laureltown NY in a coat pocket. The jacket had obviously been worn and used. There were no tags on the jacket so clearly the item was sent as a used item although I bought it new from the website. When I called customer service to complain they said they would need to charge me for a replacement jacket and then when the return was received they would credit my account in a later billing cycle. The customer service rep made no effort to repair the situation or to apologize. Instead she made the excuse that there is no way for them to know if they are sending a used item (no tags are a sure sign!!) and that she doesn't work in the department that sent it!! What awful customer service. And when I said her response was less than adequate she said alternately I can send the jacket back and then reorder it after the exchange goes through to avoid carrying simultaneous charges. Unfortunately the item I purchased was the last one in stock when I ordered. I will never order from Eddie Bauer again and I will make a point of describing what happened to any shoppers I see at Eddie Bauer at our local mall. Beware used items sold as new!!! This company has no intention of taking responsibility for shoddy business practices.

What would make a difference to me at this point is a $50 reduction in price for a used item sold as new. order # [protected]

• Updated by rflumenbaum, Mar 27, 2017

Eddie Bauer responded to my complaint and said they would refund my purchase. i am really pleased with their response and their own negative reaction to having sold a used item as new.

• Updated by rflumenbaum, Mar 27, 2017

positive resolution. Total purchase refunded!

Rf