Ecowas Donations 2007 / Requirement of advance shipping charges in thousands of dollar!

1 India Review updated:

I have received mail from ECOWAS DONATIONS 2007. This is not first time, but every time at last they instructed me to send thousands of dollars in the name of shipment, courier, VAT, Insurance etc. etc. When I render that you have chosen me for award/grant therefore your legal as well as morel responsibility to send the prize/donation amount up to its winner on your own expenses and I will not send any money in advance, they send me a new mail. Their recent mail read as under:

Ecowas donations 2007
Tel: +[protected]

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of One Million United States Dollars, ($1,000,000.00) for this year 2007 Lottery promotion which is organized by ECOWAS DONATIONS 2007. ECOWAS DONATIONS 2007, collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to the Internet.we only select five people every Year as our winners through electronic balloting System without the winner applying,we congratulate you for being one of the people selected.

These are your identification numbers:
Batch number.....................ECW 09102XN
Reff number.......................ECW35447XN
Winning number...................ECW09788

These numbers fall within your Location file, you are requested to contact the events manager/Claims Department, send your winning identification numbers to him,to enable him verify your claims.
(CONTACT FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Name:Dr.Adam Smith
Tel: +[protected]
E-mail:fdvagent_ecowas@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you and Accept my hearty congratulations once again!
Yours faithfully,
Mrs.Lisa Moose

Comments

• Re
      8th of Apr, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I recieved letter some months a go that Ecowas has donated to me the summe of £500.000.00.Since then they have been asking me to pay some fees before they could send the money to me.Thier writing up is just like the one I read above.I refused to send any money to them. Please I would like to know the truth.

REV.FR.IMMANUEL ONYIKE McUKIWO

24th of Apr, 2008

I've got the same email, i think its just a scam

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of One Million
    United States Dollars, ($1, 000, 000.00) for this year 2008 Lottery promotion
    which is organized by ECOWAS DONATIONS 2008.

These are your identification numbers:
    Batch number...ECW 09102XN
    Reff number...ECW35447XN
    Winning number...ECW09788

(CONTACT FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
    Name: Dr.Walam Jackson
    Tel: +234-80-5216-1037
    E-mail: ecowas.org@gmail.com

Thank you and Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Yours faithfully,

Mrs. Mary Jones

why are they just emailing randomly????

• Ed
      3rd of Jun, 2008

yup, i've just receive the same email as yours... luckily i've search some infomation bout this acowas thingy... thank god i dont realy trust this mail...

• Li
      6th of Jun, 2008

I actually believed the whole Ecowas donations. I googled his name and i clicked on this site. Thank god i saw this before i sent and called them.

• Be
      1st of Jul, 2008

I have recieved the same note and googled it before I made any move. Thank God I read about this before I made any contact also. Aways check it out before you end up being taken advantage of.

• Ca
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I also received the same e-mail. I almost believed it until i goggled it before i realized it was a scam. Thank Jesus, I didn't fall a victim.

• Ba
      22nd of Jul, 2008

how can you said that you want to help some body and expect him to send you som amount of money CHEATERS

• Ex
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I receved the same email last month.
    It was so confusing.
    Exaud makyao in Tanzania

• In
      21st of Apr, 2009

Indeed I have received this kind of mail five times last year.
    Funny enough it was the same mail but signed with different people. Belive me this is cheating and treachery.
    Never bother to keep communicating with them