Ecovia

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 by

unauthorized credit card charges

Bologna Airport, Italy
ecoviarent.com
I rent a car for 3 days from Bologna Airport from 16 to 19 of November 2017 . Ecovia gaves me a document which I signed before I see the car on 16 of November, in which you see that the car has 3 little damage and the car mileage is on 27 793km., and nobody escort me to the car . They told me so, to look again for more damages when I reach to the car, but I don't think that in the evening, this is my job . So the problem came when I dropped the car in to the parking on 19 of November, left the key to the office and they told me to wait to see if there were any other damages .After 20 minutes they show me a photo showing a wheel rim with scratches . But I don't think that is from me, because when I took the car, I took a photo to the mileage and it show 28 136 km . SO what happed, between this kilometers which was on the document and actually mileage??? This scratche may happen, when the car wasn't with me and nobody can tell me that I'm wrong or no ... But Ecovia took money from my credit card (160euros) and for them everything is OK. And they send me email with rental agreement on 27 of November, after they took money from my credit card (around week ) and I'm not sure that they don't change the wheel rim with other older, because the last damage before me, was the same but to other wheel rim . And the bill for 160 euros it is wrote from 27 thousand kilometres . BUT I took the car from Ecovia, when it was 28 thousand kilometres. When I ask Ecovia, what happen between 27 793km and 28 136km, they answer that, there isn't problem and rental is no mileage limit.

EcoviaEcoviaEcoviaEcovia

Updated by DMD90, Dec 07, 2017

"Dear Customer,

Attached to your email there were the copies of the check-in report that you have signed when returning the car with two new damages indicated on it, and the pictures of the mileage.

Which one exactly does call for a big problem and what do you mean by it?

We have already admitted that the mileage was wrong but it doesn't have any importance as your rental is no mileage limit, the damages though were incurred during your rental period.

If you have contrary evidence please let us have it, so that we could be able to resolve this matter.

Best regards, ''

''Dear Customer,

We didn't try to reach you one week as we have received your e-mail on Friday 24/11/2017.

As you could see from the e-mail attached, the e-mail address at which the damage evaluation company tried to send you the documentation regarding the damage was wrong.

However, we have sent your contract to the broker as it was requested by the broker on 21/11/2017.

You are right about the mileage, it was not written correctly on your copy of the contract, but in your case the mileage was unlimited, so that doesn't cause any problem.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if any other questions.

Best regards, ''
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Italy Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree