Econo Lodgehorrible smelling hotel/ trashy

I WAS RESPSONSIBLE FOR RESERVING 8 ROOMS FOR 8 FAMILIES AT THIS HOTEL. FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT STAY. ARRIVING FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE HOTEL, THE HORRIBLE SMELL MADE ONE FAMILY LEAVE AND ANOTHER REQUEST FOR A ROOM CHANGE... THE RUDE FRONT DESK CLERK WAS NO HELP AT ALL. THE SMELL WAS FROM THE OUTDOOR POOL HAVING OVER A FOOT OF STAGNANT WATER ALL OVER, TRASH ALL OVER THE PLACE, AND NEVER BEING CLEANED. YOU COULD NOT GO OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM WITHOUT GETTING A QUEEZY STOMACH. ONE FAMILY REFUSED TO STAY. ALL THE OTHERS COMPLAINED THE ENTIRE WEEKEND!IT WAS EMBARRASSING THAT I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE RESERVATIONS AND HEARD COMMENTS ALL WEEKEND LONG!I TRIED REQUESTING A REFUND THROUGHT MANAGEMENT AT THE LOCATION ? A NEHAL R DALWADI. ALL I GOT WAS A LETTER SAYING SORRY BUT NOTHING ABOUT MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND. I TRIED FAXING AND CALLING BUT HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY RESPONSE.STAY WAS FROM MARCH 28TH THROUGH MARCH 30TH THANK YOUANGELA [protected]@YAHOO.COM314-525-3745

... one of our guest left the hotel and stayed somewhere else! One guest had to move rooms! We had to call the front desk to ask for roll away bed to be removed two times!And the person at the front desk was RUDE. Upon check out myself and another guest had our bill messed and and had to work around trying to get a credit to our cards! I was not going to complain in front of all the families as I was held responsible for obtaining these rooms! I tried to call several times and the manager was not available that is why I faxed. When the manager did call I could not understand anything she said.(My job is inthe process of going thru a consolidation and I DO NOT have access to answer my desk phone and could not talk that is way I tried to do thru fax or even email which I did give her my email address.. I contacted also ChoiceHotels because that was were I had all the reservations and they got back right away and said they would contact the hotel directly and if she could nto satisfy me to let them know. I did not feel I had to get them involved again. which maybe I do.

06/05/2017 JLS BBB CONSUMER REJECTS BUSINESS' FINAL OFFER : FITZPATRICK FAMILY DID LEAVE A DAY EARLY!!! THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT THAT NIGHT BUT ARRIVED LATE!!! DYNIS FAMILY DID ASK FOR A DIFFERENT ROOM AND WERE GIVEN A DIFFERENT ROOM!!! THE ODOR WAS SO BAD YOU COULD SMELL IT FROM ANY ROOM IN THE HOTEL!!! WHEN YOU WALKED PAST THE POOL YOU COULD SEE THE GARBAGE AND STANDING WATAR THAT WAS CAUSING THE ODOR!!!
THE INFORMATION THIS HOTEL IS PROVIDING IS NOT ACCURATE!!! IT IS GETTING QUITE UPSETTING THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCCEPTING RESPONSIBLITY!!! I AM WILLING TO TAKE FURTHER ACTION NOW BECAUSE OF THEIR UNWILLINGNESS.. ICAN GET STATEMENTS FROM ALL 10 FAMILIES...

Comments

• De
      Aug 03, 2008
    Econo Lodge - dissatifaction
    Pike St.
    Marietta
    Ohio

We stayed at Econo Lodge on July 18 & 19, 2017. During our stay we had dirty sheets on the beds. We had an extra adult which we had to pay extra for but received no extra towels. When we went to use the towels in the room they had hair balls in some. Others were dirty and stained. On white towels that is gross. They claimed there was wireless internet free of charge. We could not connect to internet. The room was very dirty. Next when we wanted to bath a child in the tub there was not plug to stop water. So the only choice was a shower. The sink had no plug as well, but it did back up if you ran water in it. We had one bar of soup and a hair dryer. Most places have bath stuff in the rooms. Not this room. And for breakfast a full continental breakfast? Cereal, toast, packaged muffins, coffee, & orange juice wasn't what we expected. Sorry but we will think twice before we stay there again. We could of stayed at Confort Inn for $10 more.

Aug 24, 2008

colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2017-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.[protected]@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2017 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

• Di
      Jun 03, 2009
    Econo Lodge - Terrible Smell & Customer Service
    California

I am just beginning a battle with an "Econo Lodge" in Monterey, CA. I was charged for a room I did not stay in. I was mislead by the manager and the room smelled of a pungent odor which I believe was some kind of chemical used to cover up another odor which could be any source unknown (and probably DO NOT want to know!). My friend has respiratory allergies and we were only standing in the room for about 2 minutes. We were not offered a different room and after paying for the room, they attempted to add a charge for a roll away which was never disclosed upon check in. Because of the smell potentially causing respiratory distress, on top of not wanting to be gouged extra money, we went elsewhere after returning the keys. The next day I returned to request the charge be removed from my credit card and we were told the room was "used" and they had a receipt (for the charge to my credit card) that said I had checked in!! Unbelievable!! Bad service, unclean rooms and misleading me about use of a roll away bed...I am not going to sit back and take this abuse of a profit hungry motel franchise that has NO customer service skills!! I am pursuing the franchise owner, then if not satisfied, will pursue the corporate offices of Choice Hotels!

• Dl
      Jul 10, 2009

You used the room. So do you think if you eat half a meal and then decide its to expensive for what its worth that it is now free. Wake up.

Sep 06, 2009
    Econo Lodge - Refund
    Econo Lodge
    7410 Oakley Rd
    Union City
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]
    econolodge.com

My fiance and I rented a room at the Econo Lodge in Union City, GA. The room smelled of urine and the toilet when flushed would seem like it was getting ready to overflow. My fiance and I decided to leave and he went to the front desk to get a refund. The little man at the front desk had the nerve to insult me and my fiance by saying he knew all my fiance did was have sex with me, no refund. How dare he! He lied to us by saying the manager would be there the next morning which they were not, he lied to the cops and told them we were there an hour.(By the way, Union City Police are great!)
    I would not recommend this hotel to any of my family, friends or other consumers. I guarantee they won't be in business much longer. Trust me.

• Se
      Feb 10, 2010

NO COMPLAINT I LIVE IN UNION CITY GEORGIA AND THE POLICE AND OTHER AGENCIES UNDER THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ARE VERY GOOD AT THEIR JOBS AND SOME OF THEM HAVE ASK ME TO COME TO WORK FOR THEM AND I AM GIVING THIS A VERY LONG AND CONSIDERABLE THOUGHT

• Va
      Aug 08, 2010
    Econo Lodge - Horrible Service and staff
    Econo Lodge
    London
    Kentucky

Stay away from this place! Broken Air conditioners, lousy internet service and owners who are beyond rude! They play lets make a deal with rates (low for some, scamming others) and will throw you off of the property if you complain. Desks clerks are rude and unprofessional. The old Indian lady who owns the place will simply make you leave if you have a complaint about ANYTHING including maintanance. Rip off!!

• We
      Oct 02, 2010
    Econo Lodge - money missing from account
    econo lodge
    2042 fremont st
    Monterey
    California
    Phone: [protected]

this hotel took 150.00 from my account and said we were smoking in the room which we were not as we had our children and grandchild with us I am appalled we would never put our children in danger of second hand smoke we did smoke outside which was allowed as there were signs and ashtrays outside that said smoking permitted on premises they refused to give me my money back so I have opened a claim with my bank I have filed a complaint with the hotel and have sent a letter to the better business bureau I should have filed a complaint for false advertisemnet the photots online made the hotel look beautiful but it was a dump but we just figured lesson learned know what your getting before you pay ask to look inside and check things out if I had wanted a smoking room I would have gotten one and I would have gotten a separate room for the children but we have never smoked indoors so we never had a problem going outside I just feel it was al a big scam Thanks

• Ju
      Nov 30, 2010

I work for a hotel that is part of the Choice Hotels chain and I am very familiar with the Choice Privileges program. For the free night stays, those are part of seasonal promotions and they must be booked through ChoiceHotels.com in order to be valid and must also be redeemed through choiceprivileges.com. You cannot walk into a hotel and say you want to redeem your free nights, it wont work that way. Regular points are earned through any otehr stay at any of the Choice Hotels.All Choice hotels are required to post brochures, materials, and mats at the front desk explaining ALL these features. If by chance someone did not tell you the specifics, blame the hotel staff not the Chain. Front Desk staff are supposed to be trained to offer and explain the free program to every guest.

Apr 10, 2012
    Econo Lodge - Lack of Cleanliness and more
    North Carolina

On April 1st, 2017 my family and I checked in to the Econo Lodge in Henderson, NC. We stayed in rooms 210 and 212, we were there for a funeral. Both rooms were a disgrace. Room 210, a king size room had a filthy bath tub. You could see the dirt stains on the tub, the shower wall and the shower curtain. Room 212 was just as bad. All of the beds, the king and the doubles in room 212 had dirty bed spreads on them. The bedspread in 210 was not only dirty on the top when I pulled it down to turn in for the night I found what appeared to be dried up pie crust. Just disgusting. There was no tissue in the tissue box, and room 212 had no tissue box at all. There was caked up dust everywhere. The windows had fingerprints and dirt all over them. Room 210 you had to slam the door for the lock to catch or it would pop back open. In room 212 the ironing board was left standing, my guess by the previous guest. The furniture was mixed pieces that did not match. The tables were chipped. If I wasn't in a rush to get to the service I was attending I would have checked out and stayed at the local hotel. I would think staying at a nationwide chain such as Econo Lodge that the dwelling would be up to par. I would not recommend this hotel to my German shepherd much less a person. I was and still am very disgusted by the conditions of the rooms. I would never stay at another Econo Lodge. My name is Ramona Conner and the room was booked under my husband's name Merril Conner

• De
      Jun 11, 2012

June 11, 2017

Dear Mr. Nick Patel,

My name is Deborah Simpson. The reason I am contacting you is that June 8th, 9th, and 10th our family had a Family Reunion and we had a chance to stay at Econo Lodge, in Rock Hill, SC. I have stayed in other Econo Lodges and needless to say, our stay wasn't pleasant. First let's start with the charge on my debit card. Enclose is a copy of my receipt show I was suppose to have been charged $133.18, but when I pulled up my bank statement this is what I was charged.:
    06/11/12 CHKCARDECONO LODGE ROCK HI SCUS   $143.97, this is a $10.79 difference. In room 230 when we checked into our room, there was a big hole in the bathroom door and bathroom floor was dirty. We reported that the same night we were in the room. On June 9th, my grandchildren came in and we were given room number 210. We were told that was the only room left. This room was a disaster, the shower rod was tore out of the wall, the knobs on the sink didn't work. You couldn't hardly use the sink. The tub was dirty, so they had to use the showers in other families members rooms. All the rooms were suppose to be together but they weren't. 225, 230, 231, 210, 111, 110 and 109. Room 231 the wash clothes looked dirty and we had to go to the office and get more. I believe the gentleman that work the mornings we were there was named Jim. He was a very nice man and has outstanding customer service skills.

Mr. Patel, I don't appreciate being given a receipt for one price and being charged another on my card. That's no way of handling business. When customers come to the Lodge they expect to have clean rooms, towels and wash clothes. I don't know if you are aware of complaints we had at your business, but this looks bad on you being a General Manager. I do expect to receive the money I was over charged on my card. I will also be sending copies of this letter to the main office and to the BBB.

Sincerely,

Deborah Simpson

• Ly
      Oct 31, 2012

We were in Room 125 and it was just as bad. Horrible horrible place.

• Al
      Jul 21, 2015

I stayed at your hotel in Somerset Pa. 125 Lewis Drive this past weekend, 7-16-15 thru7-19-15. It was nice stay, the problem is I left a set Pajamas in the room 111.I called to see if they found them and they did ask them to send them to me, said i had to send a pre-paid box and they would ship back to me. Well the Post Office can't send a pre-paid box the box has to be weighed with the clothes in it .So we can't get the articles back.They are very light weight.I just can't believe that the hotel won't shipped it to me.It is very disappointing that they won't help us.I do know that i won't recommend your hotel to anyone.