Econo Car Rentals / Charge without authorization!

1 411 Summit AvenueJersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2014340254

I rented a car from Econo Car Jersey City Summit Avenue branch. They told me that if the vehicle was driven to VA state, they would limit the mileage by 1000. I told them I didn't want any mileage or state restrictions. So I paid $10 more per day. The total amount was $ 339.95. (approximately $394 including tax). When I returned the car, they charged me an extra $897 because of the mileage. Even though I didn't authorize them to charge the card, they charged this amount although I didn't have any mileage restrictions.

Comments

• St
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I read this coplaint and I was in the office on this day and this renter couldn't be any further from the truth. He told the rental company he was staying local and that he new if he went out of state he would be charged for the extra miles. I've been a regular a t Econo-car for over twenty years and when I read this I was taken back. I could not believe the way he describe the action by the car rental company. They are 100% FALSE and I will tell you there no better company that is family run for over 40 years. They treat the customers as family and give the best line of new cars as well as great service. I would reccomend this company to every one and NOT listen to someone who is just trying to be heard and hurtfull to a great company like ECONO-CAR

• St
      22nd of Jan, 2009

this guy is a huge liar. This never happened like he said. You see I was in the offic ethat day returning a car and I over heard the whole conversation before this guy went out. He was told one thing and he signed the contract to that. What he doesn't tell you is that he was signed up for a casr for the week to stay local with unlimited mileage but he took the car to FLORIDA and this was his way of trying to beat the car rental company by not paying for extra miles. The car was forbidden to leave the tri-state area or it will be subject to breech of contract. This is done so customers don't say one thing and do another like this case. When he got back the rental agent told him the car went out of the allowed juristriction and he would now be billed for the over miles. So, thats the real story but of course he doesn't tell you that. He's a con artist and we don't need people like that. I've been rent at ECONOCAR for 20 years and there the upmost loyal and friendly group of people to do businees with. Please discard this ### and try them out for your self.

Love ya,