Ecco Track Ii Gore - Tex Shoes / ecco shoes soles disintegrating

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I bought Ecco Track II Gore-tex hiking shoes many years ago. They were great shoes but I only used them several times and left them in the box in my closet. A few weeks ago I ran across them again cleaning my closet and I thought I would try them on again. The leather was practically in mint condition and looked great but the soles were litertally almost melted and sticky. I thought it was really strange since the shoes were kept in a cool and dry place. But after reading the forums, I can see this is a common problem. Some people have even said that the soles wear out if not in use. I took the shoes to a cobbler and they said nothing can be done to repair them. They've said they have never seen such a thing happen. It's a shame because I own two other pairs of Ecco shoes with no problems. I guess this issue may be specific to their track series line of shoes. I will definitely be looking for another brand of shoes next time I shop for hiking shoes.

Do
Apr 13, 2013

Comments

• Si
      25th of Feb, 2010
    Ecco Track Goretex - Boot sole turning to powder
    Rudolphs Shoe Mart

After a few years, my Ecco Track gore tex boot sole is coming off in chunks and turning to powder.