Ecco Shoes / terrible experience

US Review updated:

I purchased a pair of Ecco walkers several years ago. Most compfortable shoes I had ever owned, and the most expensive. Walking 5 miles a day, I wore them out .. the soles anyways, rest of the shoe still looked great. I stopped in at an Ecco retail outlet to purchase a replacement pair only to find out they had been discontinued. Why do shoe manufacturers do this? Feet haven't changed much in the last 2, 000 years, you would think someone would have come up with a perfect shoe by now. Anyways, I wrote a complaint to the company (Ecco) never expecting to hear back ... my warranty had long since expired. A couple of months later, I found a nice little box on my front portch. Opened it up ... lo and behold, a brand new pair of Ecco walkers ... compliments of Ecco. Only problem, these new shoes (even though more expensive) are crap compared to my old ones so I hardly ever wear them. Moral of the story is ... never associate a name brand with quality ... and ... if you have an issue with a product "good", or, bad let them know about it. I think sometimes companys hear so much negative feedback they tend to overlook the things they were doing right.

Al

Comments

• Je
      Mar 23, 2010

I have bought Ecco shoes for years (for sheer comfort) - I own ten pairs currently. I did own 12 pairs but recently two of them simply disintegrated. Each had been worn over a 2 year period sporadically - about 10-12 times in all! One pair was bought in Brisbane, one in Auckland. (The ones still sound were all bought in London...fingers crossed!).
    I am totally shocked after reading the list of complaints here - is it really possible that the company are simply ignoring this problem???

• Sh
      Mar 23, 2010

My absolute favorite hiking shoes were Ecco. My only regret was not buying 5 pairs at the time and putting them into deep freeze. ;)

I did discover that after a few years my heel had completely disintegrated from simple exposure to the air. But this was after more than a year of non-use. That was certainly an interesting find.

• In
      Aug 22, 2012

I am surprised of the negative input of Ecco shoe wearers. I have a different experience. About 7 or 8 years ago I purchased a pair of sandals, they look great and walk great. I walk them every day, hard. Even walk in my gardens and then wash them. The soles look like new. The only thing that is most uncomfortable is, that a few days ago the Velco strap loosened and I nearly fell on my nose. Thankfully, I did not crack a rib and was not the worst for wear. I will definitely try another purchase of Ecco shoes. The strap, of course, must be repaired. Perhaps I picked their quality sandal with the clover leave of luck. Sorry to hear that my walking friends had such bad experience. Inge M.