Eboost Media / Fraud and scam

1 41655 Date Street Ste. 200Murrieta, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-389-0532

They pulled the same scam on me as they did all of the other people who have fell victim to them. They guarantee to give you a prime position on Google's natural or organic listings within 7-10 business days but don't deliver. They use terms like customer service and sales department like they are a legitimate business. But rest assured that this is all a front to get you to cough up your credit card information. They will go on about how they have big clients like Nike and Coca Cola to make you think that you are dealing with a professional SEO business.

I always said to myself that I would never fall victim to another scam but I did. I hope that if you are reading this report, you have not given them your credit card info. If you did, the only thing you can do at this point is try and dispute it as I have with your credit card company. On the advise of a letter given to me from Google. They suggest to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      23rd of Jul, 2008

This guy is a nut. I work for the company and we have helped many many people set up an SEO program that helps there business generate calls and more business. I am not sure why he feels this way but he is 100% wrong. We don't guarantee anything and we tell people that up front. 95% of my clients are very happy with what we have done for them. Please call us at Eboost and have one our specialists explain what we do and how we can help you. Thank you!

Patrick

23rd of Jul, 2008

Sorry Patrick from EBoost--Evidence is that your company is a fraud and rips people off.
    Just the facts, dude-run a scam on the internet and you will be caught!
    "We don't guarantee anything"
    What the hell kind of company takes your money for a service that it can't guarantee will work!?? Are you an idiot, or do you think the rest of the world is stupid?

• Sc
      23rd of Jul, 2008

SEO companies in general are slime. There is nothing magical about SEO. Any low level web developer should be able to implement proper SEO (cheaply and easily) after doing a little searching on google.

If you give your money to someone selling you a position in search engines, you are being ripped off.

23rd of Jul, 2008

Use this company, get ripped off, then, get crank calls riddled with profanity from their "customer service department". Check Boing Boing dot net's entry on this dated today to hear the voicemail using slurs left for a defrauded customer demanding their money back. Not only scammers, positively disgusting and rude ones at that.

23rd of Jul, 2008

Patrick: How can anyone contact eBoost at this point since your phone service is down and the support email address is bouncing?

• Ko
      24th of Jul, 2008

My Name is Kolby and I am currently a intern at the digital marketing firm eBoost Consulting, not eBoost Media.

I would like to make clear that in NO WAY is eBoost Consulting associated with eBoost Media. We would never treat our customers like this and are embarrassed that our name is similar to a company that would even think of providing a sup-par service and lack luster customer service.

We have directly addressed the Rogier van Bakel incident on our blog and invite all those fraud-ed by eBoost Media to go over and check it out.

Thanks
    Kolby

24th of Jul, 2008

Eboost media is definitely a scam. Patrick, you say your company doesn't guarantee anything? Ya right. You just called me two weeks ago to place my Garage Door Company on the first page of Google, Yahoo, and MSN. After listening to your sales pitch I just started laughing. I did my research about your company and all I can find is negative comments. Prove it by placing a couple of satisfied clients web sites to see if they are even on the front page of all the search engines. And please dont use the same one you did with me when you called. You need to find a better career because if you need to work for Eboost Media, you must be desperate for money.

2nd of Aug, 2008

Consumers, Please note: The Better Business Bureau has now lowered eBoost Media's rating to an F!

"We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices. "

4th of Aug, 2008

Patrick, what is your direct line or office number and extension?

• Wi
      15th of Aug, 2008

I have also been scammed! I hired eboost media after talking with them for several months about their service. I usually do alot of research but found myself very busy at the time and agreed to their service, they said to us that they will garauntee us in the top 3 positions on google search for our area. I gave them a check by phone instaed of a credit card. They called me on th day of the earth quake in California and said that their phone system needed to be repaired and that they would call me with another phone #. I tried to call their and the # is diconnected with no new # which made me realize I had been scammed. Does any body have an address for eboost, I will be in California next week and I will pay them a personal visit which I can assure you won't be pleasant. If anbody needs a copy of the agreement for their records I can email it to them. The person who works for them says they don't guarantee their clients anything and tell them up front they don't, is a liar and I can show them the agreement which they sent to me. Thanks Willie

27th of Aug, 2008

eBoost media ripped me off. I signed a contract dated July 1, 08. They billed my credit card co. a date of June 30Th, and then the 159 on July 27 so they could take a payment early. The contract said it was a 30 day billing cycle, but when I went in to confront them they said it was 28 days despite what the contract said, and then proceeded to tell me I put that date on the contract to suit my personal motives. I told them that was the day the salesman came into my office. Apparently your contract date is invalid and they can start you when it is convenient for them. When I went in to confront Dennette. whom I talked to last time I went in to their office, they said their is no one by that name here. So they introduced me to Janet, and it was the same woman as before only a new name, it was Dennette! She assumed an alias! The first time I went in was because they had gotten the address of my business location wrong, wherein they agreed to give me two weeks for free. When I went in to ask them why they billed me for the 159 before they gave me my two free weeks, . they said they knew nothing of the free two weeks. The rep and salesman do not work there anymore. I am calling the Federal Trade Commission so should you!

27th of Aug, 2008

If anyone needs the eBoostMedia address, this is it. The business is in a
    brick fronted building, the address being
    41655 Date Street, suite 200
    Murrieta, Ca. 92562
    As you probably know, the phone #'s change from time to time conveniently. GOOD LUCK