eBay / unfair business practices

1 Wheelersburg, OH, United States Review updated:

I am an ebay seller, I sell small, inexpensive parts and hardware in an ebay "store", ebay charges a monthly fee for the storefront, a small insertion fee for each listing, and 12 per cent of the final sale price. Recently they have been encouraging sellers to offer free shipping, and to add the shipping cost to the sale price. Obviously this will add to ebay's bottom line since the seller would be paying to ebay the final value fee on the price of the item and on the shipping cost. What I think is unfair is ebay's decision to limit the amount that can be charged for shipping on certain items EVEN WHEN THE ACTUAL SHIPPING COST IS HIGHER, and then to charge the final value fee on the difference. Of course, ebay claims this will help sellers, as they always do when they find new and creative ways to squeeze more money out of each transaction. I just think it is unfair and dishonest to require sellers to charge less than their actual shipping costs in some instances and then charge them a commission on the difference.

Be

Comments

• B4
      9th of Feb, 2009
    Ebay - diet pills
    67manor road
    Smethwick
    England, West Midlands
    United Kingdom

i ordered tablets from ebay 27th jan 2009. ebay emailed me 28th to tell me my parcel had been posted that day, but i still havent got it .payment was taken from our bank card 27th jan

• Ba
      6th of Aug, 2009

12%???!!! Thats CRAZY!!!
    How greedy are these guys going to get?!?!
    And they have a scam/monopoly with Paypal where they force new sellers to use Paypal to accept payments so they get another 4% from you.
    Ebay soon will be a thing of the past.
    Amazon has already gained almost a million of pissed off ebay sellers, including myself.

• As
      6th of Oct, 2009

yeah ebay is a very big scam they will do anything for money their are sites out their which charge nothing or close to nothing to list auctions but since Ebay has the most users people will always be using that I wish ebay ends but that probably wont happen.

• Sc
      4th of Mar, 2010
    Ebay - I NEED MY REFUND ASAP!!!!!
    EBAY SELLER BRIAN AND KELLY DAVIS
    California
    Phone: 5625020340

PAID DEPOSITE THRU 3RD PARTY TRANSFER AND NEVER RECIEVED SHIPPING CONFORMATION BUT RECIEVED PAID CONFORMATION SELLER BRIAN DAVIS

10th of Jun, 2010
    Ebay - improper listing and charging me for it
    chuck mueller sales
    Arnold
    Missouri
    Phone: 6366511943

i was bidding on a satellite receiver on ebay.it was an open auction not
    a buy now.that should have taken care of it but ebay is charging for it

• Mk
      27th of Mar, 2011

Ebay is now going to charge us (the seller) commission on the shipping price! This has to be an unfair business practice! The poor little seller just keeps getting charged more & more until we can make no money. What are they thinking! If the little guy gets squeezed out won't that hurt the bottom line for eBay??? I never heard of charging a final value fee that includes the shipping. UNFAIR! UNFAIR! UNFAIR!

• Tr
      18th of Aug, 2012
    Ebay - Seller
    Texas

Ebay is not the same company, since the new CEO donaho took over...He has implemented many new rules & fees..Its not Ebay, its the NEW CEO.

• Bi
      30th of Oct, 2012
    Ebay - account
    Ebay
    Michigan

I have had an Ebay account for many years. I was unable to log in. After a lot off bull, I realized that something has happened to my acct. Ebay did not find my account under my name, address, user Id, nothing. I lost all those years of Ebay. Sad state of affairs.

• Pr
      12th of Feb, 2013
    Ebay - Cheating by Seller
    E bay
    India

The seller didn't shipped the item completely..registered the complaint through all possible ways to Ebay(Mail, Call and Chat).I havent get any response also they have provided me a fake reference number...I havent get any response till today and what should i do??

• Ji
      4th of Sep, 2013
    Ebay - ebay dont refund people they lie
    330 Main st apt 3
    Biddeford
    Maine
    Phone: 2072821517

i bought a dvd from an ebay seller i asked him to cancel he refused to cancel my item he is an jerk his name is csmcom dont buy from him i called ebay they dont help i also called paypal they dont care either heads up dont buy from ebay

• Am
      7th of Jul, 2014
    Ebay - I paid but I have not receive my item.
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada
    ebay.ca

Hi
    I bought "ZS5 Flip Leather Ultra Slim Battery Case Cover F SAMSUNG I9070 GALAXY S ADVANCE #331007604542" from greatbidacc company on Ebay. I paid 16 March and I have not receive my item. What should I do?
    I never buy from ebay again.
    BE CAREFUL FOR SHOP AT EBAY !!!

11th of Oct, 2014
    Ebay - not good
    ebay.com
    Hacienda Heights
    California

A decent app for buying and selling on ebay. I still prefer to use a normal computer when I'm listing items for sale, but the app is a good way to make purchases and monitor the items you're selling.

• Pb
      5th of Apr, 2015

ebay is very very unfair to sellers, from ignorant buyers that run our business, what ever a buyer wants to say bad about your feedback you as a seller is always wrong even you prove the buyer wrong . ebay has become a monopoly