eBay / unfair business practices
I am an ebay seller, I sell small, inexpensive parts and hardware in an ebay "store", ebay charges a monthly fee for the storefront, a small insertion fee for each listing, and 12 per cent of the final sale price. Recently they have been encouraging sellers to offer free shipping, and to add the shipping cost to the sale price. Obviously this will add to ebay's bottom line since the seller would be paying to ebay the final value fee on the price of the item and on the shipping cost. What I think is unfair is ebay's decision to limit the amount that can be charged for shipping on certain items EVEN WHEN THE ACTUAL SHIPPING COST IS HIGHER, and then to charge the final value fee on the difference. Of course, ebay claims this will help sellers, as they always do when they find new and creative ways to squeeze more money out of each transaction. I just think it is unfair and dishonest to require sellers to charge less than their actual shipping costs in some instances and then charge them a commission on the difference.
More eBay Complaints & Reviews
- eBay Shopping Genie - scam 
- eBay And Psa/dna Quick Opinion Service - quick authentication service does not protect the buyer. 
- eBay Success System - fraud rip off 
- eBay Scam List E Thru Z - warning! new crime schemes on ebay! 
- eBay - ebay seller fraud loophole 
- eBay - employee & a vendor 
- eBay - I am complaining about ebay customer service. 
- eBay - ebay is intolerant and discriminatory toward it's sellers
- eBay - sunnybunny37 
- eBay - I sent back fuel pumps back and have no refund yet.