eBay & Paypal / theft

Ebay & Paypal
I purchased a gaming system from a seller on Ebay. When I received it, I plugged it in and it did not work. I contacted the seller and he apologized and told me to return it so he could refund my money. He told me that I needed to overnight it though because he would be out of the country for a while. I did as he asked and never heard back from him. I disputed it with Ebay and Paypal and while doing so checked on his account. He had sold the same system six times before selling it to me, (all had complained about the same thing I was.) and had resold it twice after me. (Same complaints form those people.) I told Ebay & Paypal about this, leaving the auctions #'s and everything so that they could check up on it and they ruled against me in the dispute!!! They allowed that thief to keep mine and all those other people's money even though there was overwhelming proof that he was robbing people of the initial purchase, and having the audacity of having all these people pay a high-price of overnighting the system back!

I reciently sold my old but new cell phone on Ebay and used Paypal to collect the money. I went to the UPS store the day the auction ended and sent the phone to Texas where the buyer lived. A couple days later, I check to see why the $250 had not been transferred to my checking account and Paypal said that since it was a high-risk transaction, they had to hold the funds until the buyer left positive feedback or a month had past, which ever came first. I was frustrated, but I waited anyway. About a week later, the buyer disputed it saying I never sent the phone. I scanned and attached the receipt, delivery confirmation, and the signature of the guy who bought it on the Paypal dispute form. I received an email the other day stating that Paypal and & Ebay sided with the buyer and that the funds were reversed! I checked out his "Items for sale" and saw that he was selling a few dozen cell phones, one of which looked exactly like mine...and he was even selling a custom monogrammed case just like mine with it!

I couldn't figure why Ebay & Paypal would side with these obvious and blatant crooks until a few minutes ago wile I was writing this...I believe that Ebay & Paypal might just have a vested interest in allowing these crooks to operate on their website. After all, the gaming system guy DID sell it at least nine times! That’s a lot of selling fees! These companies are knowingly aiding crooks FOR THE MONEY! Do NOT use Ebay & Paypal...they might not be the ones perpetrating the initial crime, but allowing the crooks to rob their customers IS a crime! I pray that these companies are caught, have to refund all the money they took, the heads of the companies are prosecuted for knowingly allowing these crimes to happen, and that they have to turn over all the record of all these predators to the authorities for prosecution.

A  12th of May, 2009 by
If you are planning on ordering from an eBay Seller, ALWAYS check their rating and read their comments. Also, email them a couple/few times and ask questions!
N  25th of Jan, 2010 by
This sort of situation can happen to almost anyone. Luckily, there is some great news regarding auction item fraud- a nationwide company with over 1, 500 agents launches February First. They will go, in person, to verify an auction item for you to make sure it is legitimate and they will even take the item to UPS or Fed Ex to ship it to you! The company is called Wegolook.com and here is a general description of them:

WeGoLook is an online service that provides visual confirmation and a personalized report, completed by a real person, to verify a prodcut, person, place or thing. WeGoLook customers will be better informed, avoid costly surprises, plus benefit from unbiased confirmation without having to travel.

It might be helpful to you and others to utilize their services before getting scammed- especially high-end auction items like electronics.

PayPal Logo PayPal