eBay India / useless helpdesk

1 India Review updated:

I was a user of ebay. I thought its a good web portal or online shopping. I was in the process of purchasing a mobile phone and a mouse. The payment has been made amounting to Rs 13,500/-. In the meantime my account was blocked on some flimsy ground. The seller even after acknowledging that he ad received payment gave an unpaid strike against me thinking that as i was suspended i cant do anything. I am trying to reach helpdesk but they are not responding. I think nobody is reading my email and i am getting an automated reply every time i tried to reach them. I think it is useless now as there is no phone number listed for solving my prob on there website. So ebay is good as long as u dont landup in a problem. The moment u r in trouble even on flimsy ground. there is no one whom u can ask for help.

Comments

• Ra
      12th of Nov, 2007

I fully agree with the complaints. Reason is not far to see. Most often, as they say, if it is too good to be true, it probably is ! Transactions are painful. Products are faulty and subsequent transactions to redress adds to the pain. Risky and not worth the trouble to buy from eBay.

Having said that, my best experience was on Amazon where the customer service is excellent. But then it is also a lot less risky buying a book than, say a flash drive mp3 player as I foolishly did.

Bottom line, stay away at any rate from electronics, mobile phones, computers and the like.

• Fr
      6th of Feb, 2009

STOP USING EBAY !!THEY ARE REAL SCAMMERS AND DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY QUERIES AS PER POLICY.BEWARE !IF YOU PAY BY PAISA PAY, YOU ARE IN MORE TROUBLE AS THEY NEVER RESPOND EITHER.MY CONCLUSION:DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY INDIA!!FULL OF SCAMMERS FROM THE STREETS!

21st of Nov, 2009

The Address of Ebay India is Ebay 202 Phoenix house, Phoenix mills compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013. I lodged FIR against CEO Avnish Bajaj and he was arrested. He paid me 10 lakhs to withdraw case. I filed another case in consumer court Mumbai and won 1.2 crore.

If ebay cheats you file FIR against CEO and lodge complain in consumer court. You will win 1.3 crore.