eBay Craigslist Car Salesman / jennifer dumas, curtis ashford

1 MT, United States Review updated:

Jennifer Dumas advertised a 2003 Toyota Tundra truck for sale on Craigslist, stating she wanted to get rid of the truck due the the death of her husband in Iraq 4 months ago. She was going to take care of shipping the truck to us and was using e-bay as the neutral third party to handle the money transaction. I purchased the moneygram and sent to Curtis Ashford who I thought was employed by e-bay from the info I received via e-mail. I soon found out I was scammed out of $2900 because e-bay doesn't use financial agents nor does e-bay and craiglist every work together. I have since done some investigating myself and have found out the Jennifer Dumas has done this to several other people, using different persons to work with her, Jeremy Prutsman, Steve Everett, she also used a different e-mail address every time. The fax # that she used I have discover is listed as a fax number that is used for a scamming fax for saling vehicles on line.

Bl

Comments

• Lo
      12th of Nov, 2008

Sounds like YOU are the "dumas", not Jennifer

15th of Nov, 2008

We have almost been scammed by the same person!!! I researched her. I found her REAL phone number, it is actually in Sacramento, CA. It is 916-489-1553. When I asked about the vehicle over the phone she said "oh, on Craigslist?" and then got VERY upset and ended the conversation. We are unable to file charges against her because we did not go through with the transaction, but maybe you can by calling your local police department. Good Luck.

• Wh
      22nd of May, 2009

there was a Sgt in the UK getting rid of a Tacoma for $5000 which he could have sold in the US to any dealer for a minimum of $11, 000.00. Its a shame so many are out there with the thought of getting as much as they can without considering anyone else.
    Hopefully these people will get caught or enough people will hear about them and not do business with them.
    Take care,