eBay / new feedback system sucks

1 CA, United States Review updated:

eBay's new feedback system totally sucks. this give buyers all the willpower to destroy someone's positive feedback that they work so hard on getting. i had a buyer (edsbonebed) win an auction and then decide he didn't want it. he emailed me with a question about the item. I then answered his question and posted it in my item description for others to read as well.

After the auction ended, i sent him his invoice. he emailed saying that since the frame was new and not antique, he decided that he didn't want it and forgot to cancel his sniping bid and that he would not be purchasing the item. since i am the seller, i could only leave positive feedback for him, but i spoke my mind on it.

He, in turn, left me negative feedback saying that i had deceived him. i did not deceive him in any way whatsoever. he then follows up on his feedback that i have him confused with someone else. highly doubtful. i emailed ebay to try to remove his negative feedback, but i doubt it does me any good.

This new feedback system does nothing good for the seller. i saw nothing wrong with the old way.

I am just about ready to quit selling on ebay.

He is fairly new to ebay and i've been on there for 4 years. people like him should not be allowed to leave feedback at all.

He is the one who entered into a legal binding contract and then decided he didn't want the item. but, of course, I can't leave negative feedback for him.

He is such a liar.

I am still trying to get ebay to remove his negative feedback.

I have filed an unpaid item dispute and he still didn't pay, so at least i gave him an unpaid item strike, til ebay decides to remove it since he is a buyer.

I don't know what is wrong with ebay these days. i use to love selling on ebay and now i'm trying to figure out where else to go.

Va

Comments

11th of Aug, 2008

Not only does the new feedback method suck for the buyer, but there is no support for the buyer. They say that the reason that they changed the feedback is so that buyers can leave true feedback and not fear a seller's retaliation. The problem with it is that a buyer can do anything and not have to worry about getting hammered for it. I sold a broken plasma HDTV for $5.50 US with shipping of $125.00 US due to the size and weight of the item. I stated in my description that it was broken and was selling it for parts or repair. I also stated that I would not be held responsible for damage during shipping because it was already broken. The buyer paid after 2 weeks of emailing and waiting, then after 2 more weeks I recieved the TV back from UPS. The buyer had refused the package due to damage during shipping (tracking showed everything). He then filed a complaint with Paypal stating that he never received the item and was demanding a refund. I followed up with all the purchase and tracking information to show that he did in fact receive the item and refused it. After repeated requests from Paypal to refund his money, I fanally got through to someone at paypal to find out what I could do about this. The Rep. at Paypal told me that since he refused the item then he does not physically have the item in possesion and is due a full refund. I explained to her thet the sale contract through Ebay stated that I was not responsible for damage during shipping and she told me that IT DID NOT MATTER. Once a buyer files a complaint with Paypal, all pervious contracts are null and void. I asked her "I could buy over a Million dollars worth of merchandice from $.01 to $20, 000.00 or more and as long as I refuse the item I am due a full refund?" She told me YES, as long as you do not take possesion of the item, you are due a full refund. I asked her, "On what planet does that make any sence?" I also told her that this was the third item I had ever sold on Ebay and that I may sell again, but I will guarantee her that I would never deal with Paypal in a sale again. I am tired of sites that cater to buyers. When will ther be someone who will back up the seller. Ebay and Paypal, great idea, poor service.

11th of Aug, 2008

Not only does the new feedback method suck for the seller, but there is no support for the seller. They say that the reason that they changed the feedback is so that buyers can leave true feedback and not fear a seller's retaliation. The problem with it is that a buyer can do anything and not have to worry about getting hammered for it. I sold a broken plasma HDTV for $5.50 US with shipping of $125.00 US due to the size and weight of the item. I stated in my description that it was broken and was selling it for parts or repair. I also stated that I would not be held responsible for damage during shipping because it was already broken. The buyer paid after 2 weeks of emailing and waiting, then after 2 more weeks I recieved the TV back from UPS. The buyer had refused the package due to damage during shipping (tracking showed everything). He then filed a complaint with Paypal stating that he never received the item and was demanding a refund. I followed up with all the purchase and tracking information to show that he did in fact receive the item and refused it. After repeated requests from Paypal to refund his money, I fanally got through to someone at paypal to find out what I could do about this. The Rep. at Paypal told me that since he refused the item then he does not physically have the item in possesion and is due a full refund. I explained to her thet the sale contract through Ebay stated that I was not responsible for damage during shipping and she told me that IT DID NOT MATTER. Once a buyer files a complaint with Paypal, all pervious contracts are null and void. I asked her "I could buy over a Million dollars worth of merchandice from $.01 to $20, 000.00 or more and as long as I refuse the item I am due a full refund?" She told me YES, as long as you do not take possesion of the item, you are due a full refund. I asked her, "On what planet does that make any sence?" I also told her that this was the third item I had ever sold on Ebay and that I may sell again, but I will guarantee her that I would never deal with Paypal in a sale again. I am tired of sites that cater to buyers. When will ther be someone who will back up the seller. Ebay and Paypal, great idea, poor service.