eBay / discrimination

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have been a member of EBay since 2001. I have bought and sold items on EBay for the last seven years. I always paid and accapted payments with checks and USPS Money Orders. Now EBay changed their rules so you can't use anything other than an electronic process to buy or pay for goods.

Earlier this year I had a CC on file with EBay. The account number was stolen and was used by an unknown persons to charge things on several unauthorized sites. The CC issuer caught the fraud and advise us of it. We were able to get the unauthorized charges taken off uor account. The CC was canceled and closed. The only place it was used was on EBay online and thats how the criminals got the number.

Now EBay won't let me place any adds or bid because I don't have the electronic means to pay or accept payments.

In a modern age it is discrimination against senior citizens to prevent them from participating in a legal transactions.

Its hard enough paying for medecine to keep alive on, now I can't even sell a few things to help pay for medicines I need.

Ga

Comments

• Be
      16th of Jan, 2009

• Ss
      14th of Aug, 2009

Go to www.rareiron.com for information on this exact topic. Good luck

• Ha
      25th of Nov, 2010

I am a member of ebay for seven years. I have many complaints about ebay which seem to compound more every year. The most recent was denying me a service which I pay for. I have been suspended forever from ebay help discussion boards on bogus charges. because I disagreed with another member on his solution to a posted problem. Disagreement is supposed to be healthy for any discussion, especially on the subject of help.
    Because customer service is so hard to get in touch with, and when you do, it consist mainly of mechanical canned responses to multiple choice questions, the help boards are a vital member to member option to getting questions answered.
    I know how important it is to be specific on these complaints. But, the arrogance of ebay is such that that I cannot even view the help forum area to get the specifics.
    This is not a false review, I can prove what I claim, ebay has much to hide, this is why I cannot access what I am accused of.