eBay / unfair pricing by ebay sellers!

Our kids wanted action figures that tied into a cartoon show. After going the usual places and coming up empty-handed, we decided to check eBay. Sure enough, the action figures were there. BUT, the lowest price to start bidding was $149.00 (for ONE figure)!! Somethings not right about this. Unfortunately, I guess greed is the new American way of life and there's not a whole lot I can do about it.

Va

Comments

St
  27th of Mar, 2007

Did it never occur to you that if you can't find it anywhere else, it may be absurdly rare? And that if you don't want to buy it at that price, no one is forcing you to? God, you're an idiot.

Ca
  14th of Jul, 2007

I too would like to offer a complaint of Ebay and it's partners...

GE buyer credit, Ebay's partner, extracted a payment for product in full then refused to credit my account in an even a remotely timely fashion to as I see it extract interest...

The term is parking funds, which in my ex. line of business (stockbroker) would have landed me in jail for handling a client/customers funds in that manner...

IMO it's theft by deception... I partly hold Ebay responsible for partnering with a bank that uses such practices.

Co
  17th of Jul, 2007

In your comment you say, "I guess greed is the new American way of life"... I'd just like to ask, when did greed become purely an American problem???... As far as I can tell, men (and women) have been greedy since before they were men... Greed isn't even monopolized by human beings, let alone Americans.

Li
  10th of Nov, 2007

Ebay is crooked as they come!

Jo
  28th of Apr, 2008

Yes I can understand what your saying, your kids tell you they want something and you expect to go out and get it and you feel that you should pay what YOU want to pay not what the sellers wants to receive for it. Thats a great Idea! We should all do that. When I go to the gas station today I'm going to tell the guy i want to pay fifty cents a gallon for gas. That way i'lll save lots of money! Yea, Your a genius.

Ke
  12th of Jun, 2010

If you dont like it then dont buy it [censor]. Just like I tell idiots like you when they message me on Ebay complaining about my prices or trying to suggest this or that, its my [censor] and ill sell it for whatever price I see fit-if you dont like it dont bid and dont buy, somebody else will. When its your turn to sell your own items you can [censor] yourself with low prices and low ball offers cuz nobodys in the business of giving [censor] away or making it convenient for you to afford!!

Mi
  5th of Dec, 2010

I agree, apparently the rest of the people on this board never took a simple rule of economics. E-bay is just a bunch of cads buying up merchandise in a regular store at the FAIR price and trying to make a fast buck. They are scam artists and nothing more or less. These items aren't rare and are not being sold at a fair price at e-bay. If that was the case then why are titems twice as much as what you would normally find in a regular store. Duh people...anyone who buys something from e-bay at such an inflated price is just stupid. All that is happening is that it's driving up inflation. If you all think buying something for $20 on ebay is a great deal when you could have bought it in a store for $10 if they weren't scarfed up by the scammer is business, then you all need a brain adjustment.