eBay / no protection for buyers!

1 India Review updated:

Last month I did a online transaction(bidding) for an item(mobile,
Ebay Item no: [protected]) on a site called www.ebay.in. I won the bid and
was supposed to pay Rs.16799/- for the item to the
seller(sachin_goyal07@yahoo.com).

I promptly dropped the cheque for the required amount in next couple of days.

The seller once he got the money into his account, has refused to send me the
item inspite of my repeated mails and efforts to convince him.
With no other alternative left i desperately tried to contact the Ebay officials.

Every time i wrote to them i got a emphatic mail saying that there are a set of rules and that they can only escalate the claim...only after stipulated time... and above all they didn't even verify the seller details and werent able to trace him at all... and then they talk of rules and procedures.

Their customer support and security practices are so pathetic that they don't even have a proper mechanism to verify the seller details. On top they claim that they cannot reveal the details fo the seller to the buyer!!! The buyer has to bear the brunt of all these shabby stuff.

The guy who cheated me must be enjoying all this... it's really shame that Ebay encourages ppl to CHEAT...

Please never buy anything at EBAY!!!

Comments

• Tk
      26th of Dec, 2009

Ebay and Paypal are for anyone who wants to make good money by scamming honest and innocent people.I 'm having the same problem now and Ebay support and Paypal are ignoring my complaints after they've had a chance to see that I am due a refund and I can prove it, I have documentation.
    EBAY AND PAYPAL ARE NOT THERE TO HELP ANYBODY BUT THEMSELVES MAKE GOOD MONEY DISHONESTLY.