Easylife Furniture / very poor customer service

1 Ontario, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 714-885-3867

We bought our dining set from Easylife Ontario branch and we were surprised with the irritating cosmetic defect. There were several and obvious "pin holes" irritating to the eyesight all over the side chairs and arm chairs.

We called the store several times but I got stressed out from their very unsatisfactory customer service. The first time I reported about the defects, I was told that I will get a call after 2 days. I waited 2 days and there was no return call, I made a follow-up and was told that they will order an exchange and schedule the delivery for the following Sunday. I called for the 3rd time to find out the window time of exchange delivery. I was told to call Saturday after 5pm to get the delivery window. Very frustrated, I was told that it was never scheduled do not know the reason why. We called Sunday to talk to the Manager, one person hold us for long time after informing to wait since the manager was on the other line with a customer. Minutes later another person, got the held line/phone and told us that the manager is busy on a meeting. I asked who's lying? Him or the other person who told that the Manager was just talking on the other line with customer? Very disrespectful, the store hang-up on us, to a customer who paid in full!

My husband called again and talk to our original salesperson and was told that the pin holes are wood stress. This is very unsatisfactory, if anybody is in our shoe you would not want this dining set that is very irritating to the eye sight because of several obvious pin holes. We had a visitor that said, is this what Easylife is selling brand new????

We understand wood stress but not like what we have right now in our supposed to be brand new dining set from Easylife.
We bought the rest of our furniture from Living Spaces, they do have few wood stress but not as frequent, obvious and irritating to eye sight cosmetic defects that we have on the dining set we bought from Easylife.

This was the first time we bought from Easylife and this is the LAST time too.

Comments

15th of Aug, 2008

It's unfortunate that some people are too ignorant to know when they are being told the truth. There was probably "distressing" on the wood which is a technique used on many furniture groups and by many reputable furniture manufacturers to simulate worm holes and imperfections found on antique furniture. Had this person returned to the showroom they would most likely have found that the furniture on display had this same distressing technique albeit in different places, as each piece is induvidually distressed. But sites like this only serve to bad mouth good people and good companies. Bet this consumer didn't complain about the great prices!!

• Ro
      18th of Feb, 2009

Jose, I'd have to agree, distressed wood can sometimes look...well, worn, but that's part of the style and it actually looks more authentic when not every piece s distressed in exactly the same way. And yea, the person never mentioned the price.

• 24
      24th of Aug, 2010

You do know that some pieces from Easylife are purposefully distressed. As are many pieces from many manufacturers. as in Intentional distressing for a more care worn rustic look. Worm holes as an appearance is intentional on several styles of furniture. It is a "Look", a style, "Shabby Chic" etc. Irritating to the Eye!? What? Your "eye" is experiencing actual physical discomfort. Does this affliction need medical treatment? I s this an exageration like "I ate so much chicken I'm going to BURST!" Huh! Poor put upon consumer!?