Easylife Furniture / manufacturers defect of couch

1 23401 Avenida De la Carlota Ste#B, Leguna Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 949-829-0621

After 10 months of lite use of our couches the leather began to show the lining beneath the leather near the seam. So we have ugly white patched of missing leather which only seems to be getting worse. I had purchased the extended "accidental" warranty by Guardian that covered the first five years but since there was No accident it was of no use and that company referred me back to Easylife. Since it happend in the first year it should be covered under the one year warranty so I called Easylife to have the spots (3-4 different spots and two different couches) reviewed. It seemed pretty obvious that this should not happen in the first year and that it was due to poor quality which is a manufacturing issue. I have gotten the biggest run around with many unreturned calls and poor judgement. Between Dececember of 2010 and April of 2011 a technician came out to review the spots both times claiming that the "scratches" weren't covered. I know the technician didn't speak good english but there were NO SCRATCHES and both times the company rejected that they were responsible. I cant use the Guardian 5 year warranty because we have taken good care of the couches and didnt have an accident and I cant use the 1 year warranty because Easylife has no intention of following through on their promise to guarantee the item for the first year. Now I come to find out that a friend of mine with the same couch has the same problem happening to her couch. I would never shop at Easylife again. They have no integrity and if they say they will cover the first year should a defect arise then they should do it. So here is my warning...Stay away!
The couch is the Odyssey Bark Camille Bonded Leather and it is a sectional. Its very pretty but even with lite use will begin to deteriorate before the first year is up.

Comments

• Im
      20th of Apr, 2011

With ten more such complaints listed on the EasyLife products it would seem like the Better Business Bureau should be informed and start a class-action lawsuit on behalf of the customers. That is the job of the BBB. You may wish to call the Bureau in your town and discuss this. If you look in this forum under you own post there are 10 more links to complaints. It would be very easy to mount an attack legally against this company. Here is a compilation of complaints. Just doesn't do any good NOT to tell the Better business bureau so their lawyers can go to work. They exist to STOP business fraud and protect the good businesses from being out-marketed by the low-end, poor quality manufacturers. Please refer your situation immediately while your 5-year warranty is still on the books.